Farewell and Welcome to RadarX PlanetSide 2's New Community Manager

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Feb 21, 2014.

1. John_Aitc

Thank you for all the work that you have done on our behalf, Maggie. You will be missed by all. It has been great to have a vocal advocate for the players in your tenure as Community Manager. I wish you continued success in your new role at SOE with EQ2. I hope that EQ2 is a short stop for you and hope to see you working with EQ:Next in 2015.

Thank you and good luck in the future!
    • Up x 1
  2. John_Aitc

@RadarX - Welcome to Forumside. Do you have a personal mission statement that you could post so the community can start to get to know you? If not a statement, then, do you have a vision of what you would like to do differently now that you have control of this community? What will players notice that is a change implemented by you?
  3. that_darn_lurker

Maggie was a gamer, and a good community manager. She was one of us. She was a community manager who loved Planetside 2 and gaming, and as a streamer she explored the battlefields of Auraxis from Indar to Esamir, and up to Amerish. She left.. she left as so many community managers of her generation; before her time, and in your wisdom, Smed, you took her. Just as you took so many bright, flowering young community managers at Everquest, and Everquest 2, and DC Universe Online. These young community managers gave their lives, and so did Maggie. Maggie who loved gaming. And so, Maggie "Luperza" Krohn, in accordance with what we think your parting wishes might well have been, we commit your final mortal remains to the bosom of The Crown, which you loved so well.

Goodnight, sweet princess.
    • Up x 2
  4. Noktaj

I had to login just to say goodbye to Luperza. She is moving to a new game and community and this probably means that her good joob has been aknowledged and she's been promoted :D

And since I'm probably going to play EverQuest that's more of a "see you soon" than a "goodbye".
    Welcome back to RadarX! We are gonna rage and whine at you now!!
    • Up x 2
  5. Juno

It's always real sad to see a CM leave a community, especially after you been here so long and we got attached to you.
    I remember when I first got into CMing, I definitely looked at other CMs for inspiration on how to do my job, and you were one of the main ones Maggie. I'll miss you, and I hope you do well over there. Thanks for doing what you did around here, and thanks from me personally for helping me get better!
    <3
    • Up x 1
  6. Jamiean [NC]

Why would anyone want to leave Planetside 2 for Everquest 2.

Leaving a game that's developing, moving forward, and generally awesome for something that's literally on the brink of collapse, no economy, no future?

Good luck anyway, and welcome RadarX :)
    • Up x 2
  7. FlamingSquirrel

Good luck in your new position. Hopefully they don't ***** and whine as much as we do!

And welcome back RadarX!
    • Up x 1
  8. Gadamlu

cool, does this mean we can actually get Dev contact in the forums like they are supposed too instead of twitter and reddit?
    • Up x 1
  9. gunner117

well I will miss u but you can always come back
    • Up x 1
  10. smmim

You did your job too well, so they moved you somewhere that you can make them more money be more useful. Goodbye and good luck!
  11. IamDH

No one can whine as much as we do. Its just not possible 2,026,383 posts of pure whine. EQ have got quite a lot of work to do

I like to divide these forums into two people:

1- People who whine about items
    2- People who read other people whining about items
  12. Rhumald

We'll miss you Luperza!

I know we've had our disagreements Radar, but here's wishing you all the best!
    • Up x 1
  13. RadarX

I really have been meaning to develop a personal mission statement for a while but some of my core beliefs?

I believe behind every voice is a real person with individual concerns. I want to reach as many as I can and let them know that voice counts.

I'm a realist. What has to be done must be done for the bulk of the community. We are never going to be able to please everybody but we should minimize effects as much as possible.

Im a firm believer in civility. Yeah I know it's the internet... But I have 0 tolerance for abusing employees. We are all people so my general philosophy is to not say anything to anyone you wouldn't say to a large person In a bar. Be angry. Absolutely loathe a change we've made. Just don't get personal. We should treat you with the same respect.

The community is everywhere. Some people love/hate Twitter, Reddit, etc... So we have to be where they are. I'm more naturally at home on the forums so you'll see me here a lot but one of my goals is to ensure we move info to every medium accurately and quickly.

I believe this job always has opportunities. Miller may crash at 6AM on a Sunday or there may be an interesting thread at 9PM on Friday night. We should take advantage of as many of these as physically possible (obviously I don't mean by crashing a server).

That's all off the top of my head.
    • Up x 9
  14. Desann

I only ask one thing RadarX....you must dye your hair PURPLE!

ok maybe that's a bit much, but welcome, and farewell Luperza. As a Vanu player since PS1 I wish you farewell.

Also, just throwing this in there, the sunderer needs some love *cough cough* Empire specific weapons :D. Thats my first request to RadarX as he is new community manager.
    • Up x 2
  15. ArcticX

"We are all people so my general philosophy is to not say anything to anyone you wouldn't say to a large person In a bar." If you took Self defense, That "Large person" Would be a Cake walk. If that large person wanted respect and gone about it the wrong way of getting it I would have no problem taking him down.
  16. Model299

Isn't anyone going to explain the Foo Fighters? I'm not crazy!! I swear!!! Foo Fighters on Auraxis!!!!

K.. I'm better now. ;-)

^..^
  17. Wobberjockey

Welcome Back.
    You were missed.
    • Up x 1
  18. CptFirelord

Farewell Luperza!

The only SOE mod who spent more time on the SOE forums than Reddit :)

You will be dearly missed!
    • Up x 1
  19. Nyscha

Give Radarx a gender change, dye his hair pink and we can then have a make shift Maggy..
    But it won't be the real her though.
    • Up x 2
  20. Ransurian

We'll reduce the important gist of that thread to a few simple sentences. Buff the Striker and the Vulcan through stat or concept overhauls. They're worthless. Change weapon sounds. They're sort of generic. Give us underslung miniguns, or at least make the chaingun a little more interesting in terms of stats. There's no real reason at all to use it over the T9 CARV, or anything else. Overhaul the Prowler from an aesthetic point of view. It doesn't look like a "prowler." It looks like a lunchbox. Alternatively, you could rename the tank to "Lunchbox."