New Amerish is great...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CHDT65, Feb 20, 2014.

1. CHDT65

... and I was one of those who cannot stand the old Amerish !!!

Congrats dev team :)
    • Up x 9
  2. NinjaTurtle

I have openly criticized SOE for a lot of decisions they have made with the current direction of a lot of the development however credit where credit is due the dev team have done an amazing job on new Amerish.

Just a phenomenal transformation of an already great continent
    • Up x 2
  3. Tommyp2006

I'm really excited to come home from work and play on it. Thinking of starting up a 24/7 Amerish squad.
    • Up x 1
  4. Bullborn

I agree. Love the new amerish. Had an amazing fight at the Ascent and rather epic defense at one of Mekala's outposts (can't remember the name).

Well done dev team!
    • Up x 1
  5. AdamPA1006

It seems like a job well done so far, very nice.
  6. Verenz

The ascent and mekala cart mining are just.... too good.
  7. HadesR

Missed the ESSR since's Amerish is sniper heaven :( .. Apart from that looking good so far
    • Up x 1
  8. BloodMonarch

Yep...the new Amerish is really well designed....great job!
  9. Ribero

Only thing I don't like are the large open spaces in some bases which require a lot of overground running, between Spawn and Point, as well as some if the teleported rooms being in pretty useless places.

Though this is only on a small number of bases. The rest are looking nice.
  10. Stopper

Yes, the new Amerish bases are outstanding, far from my expectations !

It's really a very good job, with wonderful bases' design. I haven't visited all the bases yet, but bases like Deepcore Geolab, Shrouded sky, Lithcorp central, The Ascent, Subterranean nanite analysis, Highroads station, or Mekala Cart mining are great !
  11. Sulsa

Just had some slammin' fights down past the 'Ecological Preserve'. Lol that place looks so great :)

Amerish has always been my favorite but it definitely seems to have more of a personality now. The new bases are creative and the lattice is a welcome addition. Love it!
    • Up x 1
  12. AbuYahya

Yeah this was fantastic, just running around with our outfit, having some of the guys with PTS show us around, giving us a "tour" and
    we were all really blown away. Some amazingly stunning visuals in addition to very well designed, and interesting, bases and capture points.

A lot of work went into the design of each of the changes and it really shows- hats off to the Dev team you did yourselves proud.
  13. JesusVoxel

Love the fact that bases actually seem like bases and not just a tower and few shacks.
    • Up x 1
  14. AzureKnight

I love the layout, my only problem is the lattice on the continent. It more or less encourages everyone to go south. Whoever has that warpgate is going to have a very tough fight. What I mean is the lack of connections and the distance between bases makes the brain say "Oh, that's a shorter route" despite it being the same length. I'd just like a total of maybe 1 new lattice lines between the split paths that there is now so it's not "choose the left path and lose the right path" sort of thing.

The base design here, this is what I think a majority of people want.
  15. Sulsa

I have not laughed so hard in a game as I did tonight:

Hacking the Holyake (or whatever) Chemical Plant bridges and watching NC tanks and sundies plummet and explode. OMG I was crying laughing. Such a great new mechanic to make people freak the f*** out!
    • Up x 2
  16. Bullborn

That A point at Lithcorp is pretty cool too - tunnel fight which Im sure will see a max crash or too - especially from the defenders.
  17. CHDT65

Wow, waiting time to get to Amerish !

After all the negative comments I've done about old Amerish, I feel a little bit strange to say that the new Amerish is quickly becoming my favourite PS2 continent :)
    • Up x 1
  18. Bvenged

It's ******* glorious.

They need to do this to Indar next, then throw in some intercontinental lattice and I'll be over the god-damn moon.
    • Up x 1
  19. Bonom Denej

I flew over Amerish with my Scythe yesterday... How beautiful. It's nice to see that almost every single base has its unique feel, I already love Amerish even tho I was mainly playing on Esamir, but I think I'll switch to Amerish for good !
  20. libbmaster

I fought in an epic zerg by the Vanu sovereignty from Tumas skylance battery to chimney rock depot yesterday, fighting NC the whole way.

Battling from tree to tree across the plains of amerisia...

It was amazing, even if I was getting 20 frames a second the whole time.