Don't take the bait

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by bubbacon, Feb 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fredfred

The other night, VS was spawn camping NC, 3:1 odds. Me and a friend went to the next base, we got in a AP vangaurd with a halberd, we went to that same base where NC was being spawn camped. We managed to kill 4 magriders, 5 Lightnings, 3 sunderers, 2 harassers and a few infantry. We eventually died, but by the time they made it to the next base, they have already been so gimped that they barely made it with one sunderer; obviously their moral was lost and we effortlessly won the next fight.
    • Up x 1
  2. reydelchicken

In bad situations, such as 80% vs 20% pop or more disadvantage, you pretty much don't have any choice except redeploying or trying to spawncamp.

I personally try to go up to the above ledge, since it gives me better view of the area, and I can clear out the field right around the spawn and cover my teammates as they try to escape the spawn.

Besides, if someone calls me a spawnroom warrior, I point out that they can damage me when I'm on the top level of the spawn.
  3. Kuklakot

The very fact that you can get kills while sitting behind one way shield is one of the biggest PS2 design failings. Nothing developers came up with before or after that idea has ever contributed to gameplay degeneration as much as this one.
    • Up x 2
  4. NoctD

You're one of the many reasons the NC get farmed constantly. Just presenting the enemy with free certs!
  5. Baconite

This is where discretion and intelligence come into play. If we don't have the numbers or coordination, then it's time to fight somewhere else. Knowing when you to cut your losses and go where you can actually be effective to help out your empire is something a lot of people should learn.
    • Up x 2
  6. MajiinBuu

Farm your certs now. Those certs will be of great use for your empire later.
    • Up x 1
  7. BillBoBaggins

People seem to forget vehicles cannot cap flags that are indoors.Kinda of easy for a few to get out the spawn room if they were infils and start taking the point and in turn takes alot of focus from the spawn room and would be easier for more to get out.
    If that fails then just set up a good defence at the next base.
  8. TheFamilyGhost

Wow, what a horrible OP.

First: Plants aren't required to make people be spawn sheep. Sheep will be sheep. Its what they do.

Second: Do not stay inside the spawn shield. Spawn at the next base and counterattack. Why? Because when the cap turns the enemy will already be in transit to the next base and you will not be set-up to intelligently counter them.
    • Up x 2
  9. Clay

You are part of the thing that is going wrong in this game. congratulations.
    • Up x 1
  10. Ozade

This right here, every freaking time! Couldn't have put it better myself.

Some times a MAX push to A ain't the answer but that ain't the only way to strip spawn farmers of their skill mobiles or take a point, for example;
    -lib spam (flight ceiling daltons eat spawn campers for breakfast)
    -lockon/esrl nests (a single squad leader can drop a beacon some where smart away from the base and you and your buddies get a nice cert farm on tasty rear armor kills)
    -gal drop av maxes (again alpha strike the heresy out of the enemy with comets/pounders/falcons by gal dropping behind their tanks)
    -gal drop c4 faries (for when maxes are too expensive)
    -mbt/lightning spam (as deggy said tanks can also be used to kill other tanks and not just spawn camp)

And OP I've c4ed groups of spawnroom warriors just like yourself in the past when we have near even numbers and they still refuse to find a pair and do something constructive. Grow up, ignore your K/D and find some friends to focus fire with. It may not work every time but it beats making derpy accusations like people making alts to feed farms for their friends.
  11. Bloodlet

I tend to agree when at a severe pop disadvantage. If pops are even though then you gotta get out of that room.
  12. Akaran

Or, maybe, roll out your infiltrator suits. Instead of going out in large numbers of easily visable things, roll out a room full of infis. You have speed and super fast TTKs at your disposal. I alone can get behind a spawn room camp and get a few people dead each trip out... can you imagine if a squad of 6 did? Or 10? Or 15? Yeah. We'd die to the maxes, we'd die to the armor, but we'd cull the hell out of the engineers, medics, and rocket-spammers.

Think outside of the fight, and you'll do better.
  13. Iridar51

It's a usual conflict between objectives and KDR. While both of these things exist there will always be these conflicts between those who want to cap bases and those who want to farm kills.
    • Up x 1
  14. Taemien

I think you all got trolled. OP has low post count and hasn't been back to the thread.
  15. Serafine

No you don't do that ****. You deploy to the next base and prepare a huge welcome party for them.
    Unless you are NC then you grab your Pheonix and kill all those camping tanks from the spawn room.

10 Lancers + 2 AV turrets can kill 30 Prowlers without the tanks even seeing them. And if your afraid of air plant two burster maxes on your hill.
    • Up x 1
  16. HerpTheDerp

Actually, it's simply an issue of profit.

If I stay in the spawn room I can shoot baddies who run in front of shields for several minutes, getting mad XP.

OR

I can run out of the shield and try to recap the base and die repeatedly, gaining nothing.

OR

I can redeploy one base back, grab a lightning(in most cases that's all there will be), drive all the way to the base I redeployed from, and get instantly vaporized by the zerg, gaining nothing and losing vehicle resource.

Which one gets me the most certs?
  17. starlinvf

I recall a time in PS1 where we simply pushed into the spawn room and blew the tubes or the Gens. But the base sieges were significantly longer, and defenders didn't lose grounds in gigantic swaths.

I also recall a time in PS2 development where all the attacking force had to do was neutralize the gens by shooting it...... they typically lasted about 10 seconds of combined arms fire, and were highly vulnerable to air drops or LA rushes, despite being in the most fortified portion of a base. There was no counter attack, there was no recovery, and chances are you wouldn't make it back in time to save the base. And the base cap times were looooong back then.

If your complaining about spawn farming now, you have NO idea how pointless actual defenses were back in the day. No one bothered defending Amp stations because it didn't have choke points for infantry. So you had a choice of farming Bio labs for hours on end, or farming Tech plants for hours on end.
  18. Astriania

I think you're a TR plant. Execute the spy!

(I've been known to shout at spawn room warriors in proxy, particularly if my squad is about to try a breakout. You are of zero value in there, you'd be better either trying to take the point or redeploying somewhere else and trying something different.)
    • Up x 1
  19. Iridar51

Yes, this is another part of the problem. I said not once that if players in PlanetSide 2 are expected to go for base caps, then rewards need to be readjusted.
  20. Kwyjibo

I hate to say it, but the OP is right. Unless your plan is to spawn somewhere else, the best thing you can do is farm some certs from the safety of a spawn room. Redeploy before they take it though. If the situation is hopeless, then there's not much else to do. Anyone who thinks all those randoms can come together and execute some awesome strategy to turn the tide of the battle is delusional.

However, it's annoying when people fight from the spawn room when the base isn't even overrun.
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.