THE NC17 RAILJACK

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Gav7x, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Ash87

Okay, I read up to page 5, and since this doesn't seem to be getting through to most people:

THE RAILJACK IS NOT BEING RELEASED YET.

THE ESSRs ARE BEING HELD BACK ANOTHER WEEK.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

To the few people making suggestions to improve the gun, carry on :)
    • Up x 5
  2. Takoita

I'm not too hot for ES Infiltrator weaponry to be sinper rifles, to be honest. The niche is oversaturated as it is, IMHO.
  3. VogonPoetMaster

Funny thing is, my .50 RAMS with 12x scope outperforms the TSAR-42 (with a 4x) at the latter's engagement range, for a couple of reasons:

1) with a 12x scope, you don't need to hold your breath at close/medium range and it trivializes headshots; this is a good thing because at this range, a missed shot equals death. If a target is so close that you can't track him with this scope, you should be using your commie anyway. If you find that this happens very often, you should be using a different primary.
    2) TSAR-42 and its counterparts have a major defect, as you know: the scope reticle disappears when you cloak. This makes it a little harder to pull off a quick decloak-headshot-cloak.

Yes, sometimes when the planets are aligned and I find a target rich environment at just the right distance and a wall of infantry to protect me, the TSAR-42 will outperfom its bigger brethren due to a higher RoF and reload speed, but in most situations, I fare worse with it and it limits me to medium and close range for OHKs. So in my experience, it's the SAS-R and its counterparts that are the niche weapons.

BTW, how is the SAS-R being improved this patch?
  4. Vanon

I would like to introduce to you this concept called deminishing returns. 300 m/s to 500 is a huge difference at 100m. 650 to 850 m/s is barely noticeable at 250 m/s. I am throroughly convinced that the majority of complaining on the forum is done by people who

a) Never snipe
    b) Never tested the new NC rifle on the test server
    c) live in theory craft land rather then reality.

They are the same people that say the Saron HB is equal to the enforcer, the striker is equal to the annihilator. There is a difference on what you think it does when reading the stats and what it actually does.
  5. Vanon

I'm convinced of this. Most people from other factions simply equiped the rifle, shot a guy at max default scope distance and cried "OP". They did not seem to test their own 0hk sniper rifle with a 6x scope at the same target. If they did they would litterly see no difference. If they actually tested it on moving targets they would find out its like 5-10% better then the longshot/parallax/.50 cal.
    • Up x 1
  6. Vanon

This is the Parallax given the same suggested changs. I'm fine with giving you the 200 m/s vel but this is exactly what he wanted for our new ESSR. for every shot you took, you would spend on average 3.6 seconds per shot reloading/rechambering, or 7.275 seconds after every 2 shots. With 100% accuracy that hard caps you at 8 kills a minute. I totally think you should have it. Even with the 800 m/s. What you guy's are missing is that your trading 50% of the guns killing potiential to a 10% or less change to accuracy, Unless you really believe that more then 10% of the time that extra 200 m/s will get the kill where 650 won't. It would mean that the gun would need to be a little over 7 times more accurate to be equal to the Parallax you have now.

Chamber Time:
    1.7 from 0.855s
    Muzzle Velocity:
    700m/s
    Range:
    Very Long
    Fire Modes:
    Bolt Action
    Damage
    Max Damage:
    700 before 10m
    Min Damage:
    500 after 300m
    Reload Speed
    Short Reload:
    4.72s
    Long Reload:
    5.575s
    Ammunition
    Magazine Size:
    Ammunition Pool:
  7. Gav7x

Dont keep that calm, we need to make as much noise as posible, for example. the ridiculous ZOE was OP in the test server before being released and people warned soe about it, and it still was released, never trust this developers.
  8. CptCosmo

Welcome to the NC, comrade. The spandex goes into the bin to your right and you get your freedom burger with your gun at the checkout.
  9. jiggu

I'm curious on why everyone thinks the Railjack is going to be stupidly overpowered(IN THE CURRENT ITERATION), but ignored the current Shade. The Shade can fire off two two bolt-action shots within a second and then do an average reload and repeat indefinitely. The Railjack is strong as it is, will definately be the go-to gun for NC, but so will the Shade and that one will probably be even stronger.
  10. Bape

Yes the shade is gonna be OP as well but as of right now it seems the railgun are on the TR/VS to do list because it NC. Once the Railgun becomes the ****gun im 100% positive NC/TR will whine about the shade next then the VS will say it not OP just how zoe wasn't OP. Then once the VS shade get nerfed NC/VS will soon check stats and realize a infiltrator with a super sabr is not fair so then it will get nerfed as well it a cycle that been happening for a year now.
  11. jiggu

Yeah I guess that's the dance of Forumside. Most TR are probably mad over the awful TRAP.
  12. IamDH

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  13. FlamingSquirrel

I'm not too worried about it. What people seem to be forgetting is that the RAMS .50 is currently the best performing BASR.
    We already have a damn good bolt-action, so some sort of solid semi-auto/burst weapon is probably just what we need to flesh out our arsenal. Of course, that's depending on them actually making it a solid weapon.

Can't say I like the model of it though. It looks like **** compared to the NC/VS weapons. :(
  14. Revanmug

Not that I fully disagree with you but I would like you to be slightly careful with that kind of random spouting.

You see, I actually use the Longshot as his main bolt action. Amusingly, I also beat you... No... Own you in pretty much every sniper stats even though you believe Longshot tier user are just long range baddies. I'm not the only player with that kind of stats, some are even more impressive.

It is pretty insulting considering you barely use the SAS yourself. If anything, I would consider you ill-suited to judge who or what is a good sniper.

Next time, be a little bit more careful before spouting some nonsense.
    • Up x 1
  15. Vanon

Because it only 0hk's with headshots under 200m. It's still very good, but right now to do that you have to uncloak, charge, then fire. It does not seem like much, but in reality it's keyboard gymnastic's, and pretty hard to kill multiple targets with. It's absolutely best of class in the 100-200 range, it's just that it has a lot of hidden downsides right now, like having to uncloak then charge, not being able to hold a charge for long at all, and unlimited ammo not really being as much as a factor the closer the range of the weapon.

I'm sure we could jump on and make a bunch of baseless points designed to nerf the Shade, but honestly, i'd much rather have 3 good ESSR's released, then 3 crappy ones. Fighting to get OP weapons and Nerf everyone elses is childish and foolish, as it leads to server imbalances, and often the item get's nerfed in to uselessness at some point. Not saying that your like that at all, but it seems there are quite a few in this thread.

Honestly, I play NC only. I think the shade needs a slight buff, the railjack needs a new name and something that doesn't make it just a stat upgrade, and the TR gun needs, well, a dramatic rework, as its total crap now. It only has one workable mode, which is basicly a shotgun. They totally NC'ed TR.
    • Up x 1
  16. Epic High Five

The SAS-R is getting access to a straight pull, and thus will become a OHK semi-auto weapon in addition to have a really quick bolt. Don't have to worry about sway, now you wont have to worry about reacquiring targets.

Strictly speaking, running a 12x T3 sniper will also be quite viable at those ranges once you learn to aim BEFORE you scope, but the lack of sway on the SAS-R/TSAR/Ghost is what really makes them shine. It's just one less thing to think about and try to juggle in the middle of a pitched battle.

I don't believe that the Longshot is bad up close or at any range for that matter. I just believe that for the 10-75m range that I tend to battle at, the SAS-R is the best rifle for me.

A BR5 with a Bolt Driver would probably best my sniper stats, because as I've said already, I'm not the traditional kind of 12x render distance sniper. I stay in close, use low zoom no sway BASRs, and if I can't immediately get a headshot lined up I'll gladly take advantage of my quick bolt and magdump at them to score a 2 hit kill. I don't care about headshots, I don't care about accuracy %, I don't care about anything but kills per hour and making people dead who want to make me dead. I also spam recon darts everywhere every chance I get, which makes me more useful to any push or defense than a render distance sniper before I even score my first kill.

I've got 500 kills with my SAS-R, that's not chump change considering I mainly play medic and don't have the patience or inclination to do much with the cloak. I've got the most kills in my whole outfit and am ranked #180 with it across all players. I'm in the top 10% in kills per hour despite having zero sniping experience going into using it. I'm no lifer when it comes to the ways of the bush wookie, but I'm more than qualified to speak on the matter thankyouverymuch
  17. LIKE A BOSS!

Since you think the shade is so OP would you trade the NC Railjack for the Shade at their current forms. If you do you will be the minority.
  18. Bape

First off I wasn't even gonna buy the railgun if it even comes out as it is just a boring longshot 2.0 I don't give a dam if it a easy mode longshot It still boring and not unique. If you want the railgun you can have it if you are really that bad at leading targets be my guess but ill be dam to use it I already have a longshot no need to have another.

I wanted the railgun idea to be nerfed or removed so all the NC who believe it a good Idea to have a longshot 2.0 can actually complain about it not being unique. I hope they make it unique and not just add 50 dmg and 50 velocity and call it the railgun.
  19. KnightCole

is that honestly the description in game???? This game feels more and more like ive jumped into a friggin Teletubbies or Barney and friends video then a cool space age shooter....
  20. Gav7x

Ah dont worry bout that its just a joke, the real description will be made later