The Nexus Battle Island

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Doomzzg, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Crashsplash

You would be fighting as much of the faction that would be allowed to be on the continent. In other words it would be 50/50. The rest of the empire would be locked out if that was the last continent.

But you're right to highlight this as an issue; it will go away though once more continents are created and as such the pace of new continent creation is disappointing so say the least.

In ps1 each empire had 2 home continents each plus sanctuaries and this was enough to drive the overall strategic goal and the inter-empire competition better than either the events or WDS have done so far.
  2. MangoPunch

You can't lock them out of their home continent, but you can still capture it and get the capture bonus if you control the required amount of territory. That is the win condition.

Also this is just with Hossin and the Battle Islands. Once more continents are released it'll get a lot deeper.
    • Up x 1
  3. LibertyRevolution

I hope so... right now I log in and it feels like work..
    I feel like I am forcing myself to play to grind certs for the day this game has an actual goal.
    After 2000+ hours of playtime this is starting to feel really stale..
  4. Timithos

What are the black boxed-out areas? Censorship?
  5. disky00

Uh, of course it does. You've played it for over two thousand hours. Any game would feel stale after spending that much time on it. Go play a different one for a while.

Does anyone have any info about when The Nexus is going to come out?
    • Up x 2
  6. Kwyjibo

It'd be cool if once all of the territories are on lock-down by one faction, the game would go into some sort of more frantic alert mode(and disable switching to an alt). If the dominant faction can hold their territories for the alert, then would control all territories and "win". Then things would reset, followed by praise, riches, and groupies for the winner. The losers would have their accounts disabled or even deleted.

(ok maybe not that last one)
  7. Takoita

Ugh, that base on a bottom of a canyon. Why do they do this?
  8. Mastachief

Take a break come back for Amerish update. Then take another break and come back for hossin. Burnout happens to us all.

Needs 6 main continents (not including battle islands) to provide any real depth. 10 to get the game where it needs to be.... so at this pace 6 years.
    • Up x 5
  9. MangoPunch

I still won't consider the game to be anything more than Open Beta w/ microtransactions until this happens.
  10. VonStalin

There could be some sort of solution to this - dynamic warp gates (in my signature).
  11. MangoPunch

Lost me at "Remove lattice".

Although I do think some kind of dynamic warpgate system will be implemented down the track, something like whenever a faction locks all the continents, home continents and links between continents are randomized.
  12. Zakum

How do I get my *** over there?I have the PTS,but never discovered how to get in Nexus Battle Island
  13. MangoPunch

It's invite only at this point, they've only given access to select players to take part in the community clash or whatever.
  14. Zakum

Oh,that's unfortunate,I wish I could go there
  15. Puredeathnight

maybe what 3 if they do them really good the first time and dont need to rework them? I wish they would just hire some more map designers, ect. to get some maps rolled out then improved later on (I know its not quite that simple) i mean the should have the money, its like $7 for a normal gun then $20 for a gold variant they should be loaded by now...
  16. Regpuppy

17. libbmaster

18. Doomzzg

Updated album with Thermal images of turret positions
    • Up x 1
  19. libbmaster

Holy balls that's a lot of guns.
  20. Vanon

Here is a pic of planetside 1's system, which is what the end result of all this is designed to be
    [IMG]

If i remember correctly in planetside 1, on release it had 3 continents. Over time the others where added. To give you an idea the depth your look at here... right now we have a day long cycle. Each day the 3 main continents change hands, generally because of alerts and ghost capping, while everyone is on Indar. In planetside 1 it was a month long cycle, where each day you would aquire territory or lose territory on various continents. Since all continents are important, and you can not simply take it back in a day, people will no longer soley fight on indar, and progress would take days. This means you could log out for a weekend and come back and find 3 days of work is gone, or your side advanced. Generally it took a month before they reset things to square 1.

Now the important thing here is that it makes defence important, because when you lose to much ground, there is no way to make it back up. If your fighting in hossin and get locked out, you can no longer play on hossin. Further more the bonus's from owning a continents stay with the winning team. This means instead of a few hours where tanks are 10% off, you might have a week's worth. This becomes a huge advantage. It gives importance to the other continents , because you can close off a front, and concentrate your resources in one area, while getting bonus resources.

What the Dev's are doing right now is investing in balancing the main continents and making them fun to play, so that when they release new ones, they don't have to go back and change them. The other reason is that all battle isle's have to be finished before Hossin is released for this to work. I am betting that there are 3 more coninents all in concept work right now, to be worked on and added after succesfully adding Hossin and battle isle's. The size of the continents matter a lot as well, as it limits the numbers fighting, and who you are fighting. This allows for strong outfits to keep there faction in play, in otherwise weaker empires.

The lattice system was never made to fight on one continent over 2-3 bases. It was designed for the people on a continent to know where to go. After this is released, it will feel like the old hex system, as there will be many options on what to attack and defend because the way is spread across 4 continents.

TLDR: It changes the game from a daily war over indar *usually xroads and crown), to a monthly battle over everything. Right now certs are more important then bases. This makes some bases more important then certs.
    • Up x 2