I have a Problem with these types of "Tactics"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dragoon_Hunter22, Feb 14, 2014.

1. HadesR

A Cheap and cheesy action .. Nothing more nothing less
    • Up x 2
  2. Klondik3

Metagaming never removes challenge. It only forces you to stay on your toes. Problem is you go into a victim mentality which blinds you to possible solutions.

If you are too rigid to go beyond the rules then think of metagaming as espionage, sabotage and counter-intelligence aspects of the game.
  3. Ttariel

******** switching faction to mess up your stuff.

VS on waterson gets the same stuff sometimes, the other day a Lib in the warpgate would bump other player around and drop ESF etc. so they have no air support.
    • Up x 1
  4. Hatesphere

Except these were never intended aspects of the game, they are outright stupidity. I'm not putting my self into the victim mentality, you are attempting to pretend you are smarter then other players for preforming actions that I bet every singe one of them already thought about, and deemed unsportsmanlike.

you have put yourself so far into the us vs them mentality of the game that you have completely ignored the basic rules. it isn't meta gaming at all to TK sunders, its griefing. meta is is the use of out-of-game information or resources to affect one's in-game decisions. not TKing people on the other team because its faster then playing the game.
    • Up x 7
  5. Klondik3

You are right, I have found error of my ways.

Time to end this because we are going in circles.
  6. Hatesphere

we were only going in circles because you have no idea what meta game is, and were attempting to use the term to defend griving the other team as some deep strategy or challenge when in reality its pathetic.
    • Up x 3
  7. Klondik3

I forfeit Wikipedia's definition of metagame in favor of your own and I uphold you as the ultimate arbiter of what is right and wrong.

I hope you find my concessions satisfying.
  8. Hatesphere

nope, just condescending back peddling away from the fact you like to grief and call it meta.

by the way I used the Wikipedia definition of meta game. so have fun trying to feel better about being a dick in game and trying to justify it.

you are not the sensei of challenge you think you are.
    • Up x 2
  9. FocusLight

In my experience thsoe who log onto a character from the faction that own the sunderer(s) you want destroyed are quite unimaginative and stupid. My outfit routinely take out even well-entrenched sunderers by completely legitimate means.

These include but are not limited to;

1) Tank rushes with the sole intent to get to the sunderer and pop it before we lose all our tanks. (this tactic is rare as it's wasteful)
    2) A dedicated air-strike using missies and hellfire missiles in one coordinated assault where the opposition can't hope to repair the sunderer fast enough, partially because the splash damage kill several infantry at the same time. This tactics can often manage ot destroy several sundies and/or enemy armor in one go, and turn the time of a battle.
    3) A dedicated air-strike using dalton Liberators, marking the offending vehicle with a platoon mark then saturating that point with firepower until the sundy explodes. Mossies to cover the liberators from enemy ESF's optional. This tactics can often manage ot destroy several sundies and/or enemy armor in one go, and turn the time of a battle.
    4) One or several Galaxies dropping infantry directly on top of the sunderer(s) with pin-point accuracy, mowing down enemies close by and C4'ing mining and/or rocketing the sunderer(s) once the infantry is dead or during the fight. Almost always works when pulled off well because you insert a local superiority into a small area and most of the enemy are cough by surprise, even if they have vastly greater numbers than you in total. Not all of those 48+ will be next to the Sunderer(s) when 12 guys land on it, after all.
    5) Find an exposed angle to attack from and assemble a team of HA and/or Engies in that location to rain down AV turret shots/rockets on top of the Sunderer until it dies. Can be done as part of a flanking maneuver to blow up more enemy armor while you are at it and weaken the enemy zerg.

These are 5 fully possible means of popping enemy sunderers without doing the cheesy move of logging in a low-end sabotage toon to friendly-fire an enemy sunderer to death. That's just cheap, and destroys the fun for all involved.

One of the funniest battles I ever had? My outfit was pushing out a vanu force on Amerish, and their sunderer was hidden behind a large tree in one of the thick forest sections of the map. Was a stand up infantry fight Reds vs Purples in a classic fire exchange. It was awesome. The objective was long forgotten as we spent some 10 minutes slowly working our way closer and closer to the point where we had their sunderer in clear sight and could land hits on it, eventually forcing it to move. That's when their line started to collapse and the battle was won. If some loser TR idiot had logged on a VS toon at that point and blown up the sunderer the fun would be ruined for so many people.

Don't be that idiotic loser people. Play the game fairly, and think of a legit tactic.
    • Up x 1
  10. Hiding in VR

No , you stop it.

That is cheating and reportable. Stop being a childish ****.
    • Up x 2
  11. Klondik3

Now who is being condescending?
  12. Hatesphere

I am, because I already know you will never change your mind. you have already stated more then one you think you are bringing some sort of challenge by TKing enemy sunders.

Have fun sensie, I hope it gets your main banned.
  13. Klondik3

You are so stuck up on that Sunderer TK thing that you fail to see the bigger picture. There is much more to metagame than that.

Another effective metagaming strategy is to lead a public platoon in opposing faction with your alt and use that platoon to always attack the 3rd faction. That way you are deterring non-outfit players(aka the zerg) from attacking your own faction. It is an instigated double-teaming.

Possibilities are endless if you aren't close-minded.
  14. RJGatling

Confusing social engineering with griefing, couldn't support the point of my original post in here much better.
  15. Turyen

Wait, you're allowed to switch characters and C4 an enemy sunny that's giving you problems for the benefit of your main and it's considered skillful in doing so? WTF.

If you're logging onto enemy factions for the sole purpose of screwing them over, that's ********, when you make a character you play to win on that faction as they're your teammates and allies, you don't **** them over so your mains team can win.

Play to win but at least have enough respect for your enemies to play on the opposite team.
    • Up x 1
  16. Cinnamon

So if you had a whole platoon spawn as defenders in a biolab they wanted to take and team kill all the real defenders it would be a sophisticated and valid tactic? I never knew that when people were going on and on about metagame that it was this that they wanted.
  17. Pacster

Call it whatever you want...but that is what is happening. 4th faction simply has to go....it can just too easily be abused. Be it by leading a platoon into worthless zergs against the third empire, be it by tking important sunderers or ruining a MAX crash with c4...or be it by tagging high value points and letting the enemy retake and cash in the massive amounts of free WDS points. It does not even need more than a handful of dedicated players to change the entire game that way...
  18. vulcan78

I completely agree, you should not be able to change factions during an alert for this reason. The friendly engineer tank-mine under the Sunderer trick is cheap, those doing it ought to be ashamed of themselves.
  19. Pacster

Well, on the other hand I have to say that we had 65% pop at some area a couple of weeks ago. I think it was fortress or something like that. We had 4 sunderers there and a couple of beacons. 3 of the sunderers and the beacons on top of the cliffs and one down near the walls. We fought for about 45 minutes and did not even get near the capture point cause 90% of our players have been standing on the cliffs. Then I went berzerk(after yelling at people a couple of times in chat)....TKed all 3 sunderers and all beacons on the cliffs....and within 8 minutes the area was ours. Sometimes there are good strategical reasons to kill your own sundy. ;-)
  20. Mustang

They'd just make a second account