Shade has an unfinished reload feature now included

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Lyel, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Lyel

Sounds like the Shades on it's way to returning to good-ole' numbers. If you shoot and press R, you will preform a very alpha reload that resets the charge. Now SOE OBVIOUSLY wouldn't intend for this to be that you press R to reset your overheat, so I'm guessing there will be some unique ammunition type for the first time here.

Maybe it might be a clip that is limitless, but once it has overheated, it must be reloaded with a new one, forcing you to be wary of your shots and heatbar, and you can only have, like, 5 of those clips.

I'm excited~
    • Up x 1
  2. Vanon

I actually think that would be a great way to balance it. Overheat = reload, but unlimited ammunition. I'm still hoping for NC Tank Killer Ammo.
  3. Teoke

To build on this idea, your soldier takes out a pocket fan to start blowing it on the body of the gun to cool it down faster! Alternatively just blowing on it on your mouth!
    • Up x 2
  4. Vanon

Does this mean your gun works better on esimir and worse on Indar?
  5. Teoke

Logically, yeah. Though for balance reasons the cooldown should be the same across all continents :p
  6. MasonSTL

Like a burned out fuse? Too much power and it needs replacing sounds cool.
    • Up x 1
  7. Kwyjibo

Yes! Blowing into the mic would trigger this, like one of those Nintendo DS games. And then the scope sway would be severe for about 20 seconds following that, and you wouldn't be able to sprint without losing consciousness.
    • Up x 1
  8. Imposer

Yeah, he can blow into the ammo cartridge and maybe once in a while say "My first gaming console was Super Nintendo."
  9. Elrobochanco

Would be neat if once it overheats the battery bursts out and needs replacing. They do look somewhat like old P type plug fuses.
    • Up x 3
  10. Elrobochanco

Can't edit now but it appears charged shots now do like 80% heat bar so you can fire again immediately after/begin charging again. If you hit 100% you reload (So if you do two charged shots back to back, or spam hard on the semi). Seams like a nice tradeoff for better functionality with some downside to being careless.
  11. Zagareth

Whatever they do with the Shade, I'll only buy if it has the same killing potential like the Parallax over the long distance. Giving it less ammo would make it even more uninteresting with all the drawbacks it currently has.
    • Up x 1
  12. Tenebrae Aeterna

You can also release the charged shot a sooner than it seems to get the bolt-action damage...so you actually CAN hold the charge for a short period of time before it automatically fires, there's just no indication of the feature.
  13. Vanon

Pretty sure the whole point of the drawback is to counter the unlimited ammo and versatility. Unless they dramatically change the recharge time, i think most people feel it's balanced but very good. I defently think it needed the follow up shot before it overheated. If they release it as is, i don't think anyone will complain. If it was NC i would buy it in a heart beat.

I always hate faction specific updates where one side, any side, gets something useless or crappy.
  14. Tenebrae Aeterna

We need to change that and push them into holding back these updates until everything is right and what's put in is something everyone wants.
  15. TheBlazing

Sounds cool, actually. I really like the idea of having to choose between pacing your shots and firing for a virtually unlimited time and firing very fast to deal extra damage but busting one of your batteries (this of course would require limited batteries).

The fast reload should stay, this way you can go "rampage mode" and shoot continuously, busting battery after battery, but once you have busted all your batteries, you have to get back to the Sundy/Spawn Point (I don't think they should be obtainable from engineer ammo packs).

I think this kind of mechanic should be looked into more for VS weapons. Imagine if the Vortex allowed you to fire faster and without stopping for extreme damage, but once it overheated it exploded in your hand.

Also, please add a proper scope and charge meter to the Shade before making it live. I have already said this and I'll say it again, nothing says EA-style rushed content like recycling rocket launcher assets for a sniper rifle.
  16. Vanon

thats the trick though. They are competeing against games like Warframe which update every week like clockwork, and add events and such. Despite it being a compltely unfair comparision, the average gamer does not care. Our server's went from baren to indar constantly being locked from 6-10pm and now there are decent fights on esimir and amrash. They can not abandon this model as its super sucessful, what they can do is delay portions of it. The other thing is that the sooner something is in game, the more data they can gather about it. If they changed there attitude to where the first week or two is a test, and it can be readjusted or reworked, it would be even better then waiting.

Forgive Mispellings..... need coffee to function
  17. DeadliestMoon

18. Tenebrae Aeterna

That pressure is partially alleviated by the test server and their ability to get content into it. Throughout the course of browsing through threads, someone stated that the test server was a product of people complaining that they wanted a place to test new content before it went into the game for this very reason...to work alongside the development team in getting it worked out before it hit live.

Fail faster in the test server, or end up with ZOE and Lockdown in live.
  19. Vanon

Agreed, though the way they are doing it now means ZOE and Lockdown would only last a week as is instead of the months it did last time. I agree no one wants crap to be released, but its much safer to release crap now. The only worry i have is if they put something in and forget about it after a week.
  20. Tenebrae Aeterna

That doesn't matter, the end result remains the same...crap gets released into the game and people start losing interest because there's no interesting additions. Instead of releasing crap or turning something into crap later down the road...how about we all work together to make sure that no crap gets released and only interesting things make it to live?