[PSA] New Vehicles

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by sustainedfire, Feb 14, 2014.

1. iMartyr

BUT WHAT ABOUT THE ROADMAP?
    • Up x 2
  2. Tobax

My guess for what the new air vehicle is, the PS1 Phantasm.
  3. deggy

The Colossus (big ol' tank) has been teased, as have the ES Buggies.

The air vehicle is hopefully a light, dedicated A2G craft that will be powerful against ground but not against air.

Then they can take rocketpods off ESFs, buff them, and put them on this new thing.
    • Up x 1
  4. sustainedfire

I would think you are correct.

I never saw the TR version before, I would frankly rather have the NC version for TR- it looks more militaristic. The TR version looks like an odd 1970s hopped up muscle car.
  5. Klondik3

I don't see anyone driving the Harasser these days so not sure what is the point of releasing more of them.
  6. Regpuppy

Odd choice for TR, but the NC one definitely fits NC. Big, bulky, and rough angles. I guess they're just focusing on the speed aspect for the TR buggy.

You kidding? Hover-buggy, three-man-light-tank, and land based rocket could go over awesome if they did them right. I won't argue that the harasser wasn't overnerfed though.
  7. Moisture

Not only is this gonna probably when be when they buff the harasser There are gonna more vehicles.
    Its gonna be odd not seeing seas of MBTs for a while.
  8. Pootisman

A buggy? Seriously? We already have the flash and the harrasser, we dont need another small transport/harrassing vehicle.

A heavy tank (like the mammoth tank from C&C) or some kind of artillery tank would be nice. Some unconventional, experimental tank, like a tesla tank would be also interesting.
  9. Bindlestiff

I'll stop you there. No.
  10. Pikachu

Cloakable with c4.
    • Up x 1
  11. Phyr

I don't see the point in an ES buggy, but a large multi crew tank could be interesting.
  12. ZeroErrorz

u hate the flying fridge, :(
  13. salembeats

Only if it gets Wraith Cloaking. :D
  14. LT_Latency

Nope, Remember the Harasser?? Neither do i
  15. KnightCole

No!, Bad dog!!! NO NS!
    • Up x 1
  16. Littleman

Kind of hoping the new aircraft IS an NS fighter - an air superiority fighter mostly. One that can't use it's weaponry under a set speed limit. So... basically it would act more like a jet with actual VTOL capabilities, and work either like an A10 warthog or an F-22(? Don't know my planes) depending on kit, as opposed to working like an apache with jet engines like the current ESF do.

Really, what I'm trying to get at is less G2A, more reliance on A2A with something that people wouldn't mind pulling from the warpgate knowing it won't get shot down long before it even enters an airspace infested with hostiles.

Also, I'd like to see an actual bombing run, not a cannon mounted to a bird.
  17. KnightCole

Jet with Vtol ability? F22 is close...but F35 i the one you want.

I just hate NS cuz it blends the game into one faction...NS...were all NS wearing different color uniforms, rather hten NC vs TR vs VS.....we need less NS not more...
  18. sustainedfire

They did say the air vehicle was 1 vehicle- Likely NS again. Maybe with ES variant weaponry.
  19. Littleman

Well, the VTOL portion is just for take off and landing (like it says on the tin.) I'm still hoping it requires forward movement at a certain KPH before it's weaponry can be fired.
  20. deggy

If it was a slower vehicle and ALL IT HAD was rocketpods. None of this dual-weapon crap. These things would be totally horrible against anything airborne.

Now we would have light A2A, light A2G, and heavy A2G.

Putting Pods on ESFs was always a horrible idea.
    • Up x 2