Being Outnumbered 2:1 Is Not Fun

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AFK1, Feb 15, 2014.

1. AFK1

This game isn't fun at all, when you're outnumbered two to one. You can't attack anything worthwhile, because they'll just shove more people into the base, and with greater numbers, they eventually surround your spawns and attack routes. You can't defend anything, because they can just swarm every point. You inevitably end up just sitting in a spawn shield for 2-6 minutes at a time, before moving onto the next one

Everything that's meant to be used to strategic effect in this game is useless against greater numbers. Dropships are the closest thing you have to something that can even the playing field, but once the enemy organizes onto wherever you're going, the result is the same. Even if you put up a good fight, you eventually lose to an endless swarm of vehicles and MAX suits

There needs to be some way to avoid this. If you want to keep the whacky lack of population control, that's fine, but give us a map that has team sizes locked to be even with one another

As it is, there's almost no point to even log into this game during most of the weekend, because the Vanu Sovereignty has 500% higher population on the weekend until Monday
  2. ShiftedMotive

You again...

On a serious note look up battle islands... and maybe redeploy, or join a platoon.

Who am I kidding? Best advice here is L2P.
    • Up x 2
  3. Gustavo M

Get in a organized outfit and show em who is the best.
    Or just move to another hex/continent.
    • Up x 3
  4. Mekeji

It is kind of annoying but a great way to get certs. Just blow away the enemy while standing behind the spawn shield. Then when the base is taken defend the next one till you are pushed back to spawn.

All the while pray that an outfit decides to roll in and help. Just like Gandalf at Helms Deep.
    • Up x 2
  5. Devrailis

Why not be the Gandalf?
    • Up x 3
  6. Mekeji

I am assuming he doesn't have a small army he can turn to considering he is having this problem in the first place.
    • Up x 1
  7. LT_Latency

No he is right, While you can play the point of the game starts to fall apart. When you know you side is going to do nothing but fall back it gets sort of boring and no one wants to lead anymore.

Battle islands are lame, You might as well just play BF4, The need to encourage people to join the weaker faction more instead of the over populated fations
  8. Devrailis

Ah well, no army was built in a day.

The first thing he needs to do is slap some arctic white camo on a Flash and call it Shadowfax.

Drive it up to the tallest hill near a raging battle and start screaming epic feels at the peasants below.

Then, the zerg will follow.
    • Up x 7
  9. Malacovics

Adapt.
    All I could say.
    • Up x 3
  10. Klondik3

Adapt is an euphemism for "go join friendly zerg"
    • Up x 2
  11. Malacovics

Or get the **** out of there and fight somewhere useful instead of getting yourself spawnraped.
    AKA join a friendly zerg (if OP's nooby, but I guess we can asume he is.).
    • Up x 1
  12. Jalek

Free weekend to play Witcher on Steam... or roll a VS like everyone else.
    • Up x 1
  13. Klondik3

1v1? I'll shrek u
  14. Hatesphere

you play on waterson right AFK1? you play NC right? because its been the NC holding the pop advantage most of the time.
  15. Malacovics

fite me irl skrub
  16. AFK1

Most of the time, sure

That just means that most of the time, VS and TR are having the same issue that NC has right now. Whenever there's as much imbalance in the population 2+:1, then the smaller teams aren't going to get anything done
  17. FateJH

All I can offer is "push, die, and respawn."
  18. AFK1

But why do that when I can log off instead?

If logging out is more fun than playing the game, there's a problem with the game
  19. Rogueghost

Step one find a tower fight where the enemy outnumbers you, the more they out number you the better the farm.

Step two, harvest them, harvest all of them.

Sure you'll lose the tower but not before bringing down 20 of the bastards with you, and heck sometimes you get enough like minded fellows in the same tower that you do end up saving it.
    • Up x 1
  20. S7rudL

1. Your faction over-swarm's a base and then you camp yourself to boredom until the point flips
    2. You have a awesome balanced fight that happens here and there but not often enough, which is awesome
    3. You get over-swarmed, where you then bake pancakes and throw them outside of the spawn room at the zerg

In a situation when you get zerged 12to48, I wish I could fart and stink up the whole base for all of the zerg to suffocate for nothing more than my own personal enjoyment even if I would get nothing in return.