[Suggestion] More NS Weapons

Discussion in 'MAX' started by Omniprezent, Feb 11, 2014.

1. Omniprezent

I primarily play New Conglomerate, and truly love our MAX in certain situations. By this, I mean any battle that is indoors, where my shotguns can actually do some damage to an enemy. However, as soon as the fight moves outside my AI MAX is next to useless, as the NC lacks any sort of reliable AI medium range weapon. I believe that more NS weapons should be introduced to the MAX class. This new line of weapons would include a medium range AI weapon, an NS shotgun, and an NS AV weapon. These weapons would all be on a middle ground. The medium range AI weapon would be effective against infantry, but not near as effective as the TR's Mercy (lower rate of fire, one barrel, slightly better accuracy, same damage). This would mean that while the NC would now have a mid range AI weapon, they would still not be as effective as the TR or VS, meaning their niche is still CQC, but they can still be competitive at mid range. Similarly, an NS shotgun would be available. This shotgun would not be effective as the NC's shotguns, it would still allow the TR and VS to be proficient in a CQC battle, but they would still lose against an **** MAX. I'm not sure what to say for the NS AV weapon. Overall, these new weapons would allow for more versatility and diversification of gameplay of the MAX class, without taking away the specific advantages of each factions particular characteristics.
    • Up x 1
  2. jettblakk

no more NS weapons. give faction diversity meaningful game play affecting difference. NS weapons are the dev's cheep way out of real content and dynamic balance.
    • Up x 5
  3. Omniprezent

That would be even better, but I doubt the NC will ever get anything besides a shotgun as a MAX AI weapon
  4. RenegadeHelios

Which sucks, as we're technically supposed to be the Gauss Tech faction, not the shotgun faction.....
  5. Omniprezent

Exactly. Give us some beefed up version of the gauss saw or something
    • Up x 2
  6. GlueHead

Put on dual falcons and go outside and own! :)
    • Up x 1
  7. Omniprezent

Dual Falcons are pretty awesome, but they are nowhere near the death dealing of the other factions MAX AI weapons. A gauss rifle with high damage, low RoF, and a decent magazine is all I ask. TheNC has enough shotguns
    • Up x 1
  8. InfernoKoV

If only PS1 had all the weapons that PS2 already has. Granted there weren't any classes, but you could basically equip yourself to different roles. I especially miss being able to equip two weapons as a heavy instead of being forced into 1 gun and 1 rocket launcher. Enough reminiscing...

While I would be okay with getting some kind of Gauss weapon for our MAX we must keep in mind that the second they do that, they must compensate the other factions. The facts are that each empire's MAX has 4 different AI weapons, all with their pros and cons to fit certain situations, but the NC's is lacking in one area while the others are good in all areas. So an extra weapon would be pointless... Instead, let's fix what is broken. A shotgun that is good at range is absolutely doable.

Going back to the PS1 days, it's quite funny when you realize that no one complained about the NC MAX's range, nor did anyone complain about the TR/VS being too good at it. It was pretty well balanced so there's no reason that it can't be fixed now.
  9. Pikachu

Well we get NS flamers. I wksh they were NC.
  10. Omniprezent

Honestly, I'm just tired of everything the NC gets being a shotgun. I could understand the shotgun pistol (it was on the roadmap for a bit), but a shotgun sniper rifle. I just think there are other types of weapons that would fit the role, like a gauss heavy assault rifle
  11. InfernoKoV

But at the same time how is a Gauss anything (pistol, SMG, ect.) Better or different than everything else we have. I'm speaking in terms of all our weapons, not just the MAX.

From my recollection, a Gauss weapon magnetically propels its bullets rather than fires them, but in the end how is that any different from other weapons?
  12. Takoita

My vote would be 'no'. The general consensus on NS weaponry among the players I play with is "that's the same TR guns but with better accuracy and less ammo". Which is all kind of bad on several levels.
    • Up x 1
  13. Vanon

The difference is that it will be useful outside of 10m. The problem i have with "shotgun everything" approach is that everyone 1) our faction trait is completely useless at ranges above 20m. 2) Everyone faction already has shotguns. 3) The dev's seem to refuse to put together an NC shotgun that is as capable of the shotguns already in the game, because they are to afraid of it being over powered. Call me crazy, but isn't that the point of a faction trait? To have the best of one catagory?

The reason why we want a differen't faction trait is simply because 95% of the game takes place 20m or more away from the enemy. So yes, i would like anything non shotgun related.
  14. Omniprezent

Gauss weaponry to launch projectils at a greater velocity, for more damage, but have a lower RoF due to the smal amount of time it takes to recharge the coils as opposed to a firing pin setting off the round. Really, the TR are tje only ones who ise conventional ammo
  15. InfernoKoV

Our faction trait isn't Shotguns... it's slow/hard hitting weapons which Shotguns just so happen to fit perfectly. No one has refused to fix anything, just be patient. Find my thread in this forum and read it. If you agree with it then like it. The more likes it receives the more likely the devs are to follow through on something like it.

This was actually a topic that was brought up at SOE Live and I spoke with many of the guys personally on the subject so they are aware of it. They mentioned they have some things they want to do, but there are things they need to get done first so that they can do it right and not end up doing it twice. They have a huge fix/rework of the projectile system that they want to get done first and we just barely got through with the Operation Make Faster Game patch which took a lot of time so just be patient... Good things are coming.
  16. InfernoKoV

That's correct, but we already have many weapons that shoot slow and hit hard. Making more of them isn't going to "fix" anything. We should be fixing/reworking weapons that already exist.
  17. minhalexus

It will somewhat, considering that gauss saw is actually a long range weapon, not a short range weapon. A weapon that you can take both indoors and outdoors making it a versatile option.

Although i totally agree if SOE decides to rework the current weapons rather than introduce other weapons.