NERF MANA Anti-Vehicle Turret - Distance and Accuracy

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Gortha, Jan 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tonberry76

about HA its stil not the tank killer i was hoping for
    we stil get 1 shot by snipers they always see you with your rocket launcher

and most launcher have to low dps to rely do some serious damage to a tank
    only launcher you can hide and shoot things is the phoenix

but stil it lacks in dps sadly
    funny that a mana turrent out damage us -.-

only way i do atm is walk with my C4 its the only thing that rely do some good damage
    and then pop up my launcher and blow him up

but you need to try it alot but you get shot down alot to til you ever make it
    to a tank

and the new update with there new sniper rifles is not making HA a very easy job
    more wil play sniper am sure of it

so i rely dont no if HA every be good i rely love the class sadly its not what i was hoping for
    maby thats why i see so less HA walking around

its more medics and snipers

sorry for my bad english
  2. MajiinBuu

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  3. Theghostwad

HA: Damage = The mistake SOE make was adding a stupid amount of drop to the lock-on rockets being dumb fired. Since PU02 I have been using the mana turret alot less. The thing renders like a tank, they are pretty easy to pick out at range. I have also been using rocket launchers less. You easily get more millage out of a phallanx turret & for small base/room defense the stock mana turret it preferable. I really don't see the point of this thread aside from grieving over not knowing now to play an engineer or not having an AV turret,
  4. Call-Me-Kenneth

AP guns in general need not a "rebalance" but a complete overhaul.

the amnt of AP damage is ridiculous, ap maxes, faction ap maxes, AV mana, decimators, lockons, baseline HA, AP turrets, other AP tanks, Tankbusters, regular Libs, ESFs with whatever (anything kills tanks). soon even NC snipers will be able to damage vehicles... oh, and C4.

things escalated pretty quickly from the original HA launcher and C4.

the moment you peek out with a MBT you get hit by some many different things and so many explosions clutter the screen you have no other move other than to back up and repair.

IMHO, for starters, c4 shouldd be gone, it made sense back when the only answer to vehicles were HAs, now its obsolete and more often than not it forces people to do stupid things, like medics charging tanks.

and for the rest of the AP, it should work like Recoiless do irl. short range, very short range, set up time and high damage with perfect accuracy and extremely fast travel time. the same formula should be applied to the AVmana and the decimator.

the decimator for example is ******** right now. its two guns at the same time. its a room clearing bomb AND an AP tank shell. its clear to me that the decimator should actually be two different guns, one AP and one HE.

and lets not even start with the decimator vs max thing, because its really infuriating.
    • Up x 1
  5. jaktrobot

Yeah i totaly hate those things, its unfair cause some ppl can change their sense on mouse and snipe targets miles away, u cant even see where it comes from and bam ur tank is dead, its stupid...
  6. Antich

Pheonix is limited to 300m cause of the render distance of infantry and lockons range is limited to 300-400m(for a fighting chance for both ground and air) but the AV-mana turret has unlimited range. I am amazed that the devs don´t see the problem in this. At this moment, the only AV measure that can reliably hit at over 300m is the engi AV turret(which is also the only one with unlimited ammo without outside imput)
    Yes, there are a miriad of other AV things that can shoot at over 300m, all tank shells, all dumbfire launchers, almost all MAX AVs, however all of them are unguided and have a more or less long travel time. The enemy has a good chance of outsmarting the shooter. There is no outsmarting the AV turret, if you adjust your path, the engi shooting it does also.
    Now, i think that the range of the mana turrets should be 300m, not more. I am sure that many ppl will disagree and ok, i can propose having a missile that is guided for 200m then in just continues in a straight path till infinity and beyond but not more then that.
  7. Xien

I agree that it should be nerfed. And I play Engi 95% of the time.

There's so much stuff that kills tanks in this game it's ridiculous. I once killed a tank with one of those base-mounted anti-infantry turrets - and it didn't take too long, either.

I don't really care about fly-by-wire or fire rate or cooldown or damage or anything like that - just reduce the range. It makes no sense of an turret with infinite ammo to be able to shoot beyond render distance and hit a target as long as someone in your faction has placed a spot.
  8. Sigmundr Rumare

Nerf AV turret to 300 meters, change to rapid-fire dumb-fire semi-automatic launcher. Let's say, 6 rockets with high velocity (I'm thinking lock-on velocity) but less damage each than the current rocket, per full overheat. Waiting longer between each rocket would allow for you to never hit overheat, just like the AI MANA turret if done right. Numbers can be tweaked.

BAM. Now you have a stationary AV turret designed for area denial and vehicle no-go zones within a reasonable range, which would coincide with exactly what the purpose of the AI MANA turret is for infantry. This design would lead to more use in areas where you can funnel vehicles and less on a mountaintop 700 meters away.
  9. Tonberry76

tanks are in My few a bit over popped same with aircraft
    ever be stuck in a small room surrounded by tanks and there is rely no way out

its not rely that fun
    If my HA was a bit more powerful maybe I can make some holes in there defense line
    maybe we had some change of winning

only way atm I try is to pop up in a other area close by and try to get behind them and if lucky I blow up 1 tank
    but yea 5 min its rely fast gone and the area is for them

still need to think this true how to deal with this kind of situation :confused:
  10. Xervous

you're talking about flak, right?
  11. Nocturnal7x

They are a crappy mechanic at best. Something super powerful, easy to use, unlimited range and its invisible to the person you are attacking? EPIC.

Best case they need to make mana turrets render.
  12. Villanuk

Most people have them but what you dont understand from your comments is the distance they shoot from. You cant kill them with snipers at distance, infact you cant kill them with a tank and here my vid which proves the stupid distance they have.

See, impossible to snipe, impossible with a tanl and you cant even see the turret.
  13. Tonberry76

the phoenix launcher is the only 1 to see them if you are so 300 meter in there area
    thx to the cam on the rocket I can shout the area very good

also 1 hit on them and there gone
    maybe a idea to have lock on on turrets also maybe it helps a little ??

for the orther faction that don't have the phoenix
  14. MajiinBuu

You can't see the turret with 1.75x zoom, so you assume a sniper with 12x zoom can't also?
    Easy to snipe, you can see where it's coming from and engage, drive up to them, you can cover 100 meters in seconds.
    • Up x 1
  15. innersphere1

How someone can whine about av turret. Just take an infiltrator and get ur free kill, also is oneshotted by most things, rockets.. etc.
    Come on..
    • Up x 1
  16. Tonberry76

team work will be beter also send some snipers up there am sure the eng with his mana turrent only focus on tanks

w8 ad a save spot till the snipers kill him then your save my idea btw :)
  17. Villanuk

The sniper range has been reduced, i tried sniping him, hence a TANK and if a tank cant take him out your having a laugh pal. And no, you cant cover that distance in seconds, have you played this game? You would never get there before being cannon fodder.
  18. MajiinBuu

Sniper range was never reduced. I can see engineers on their turrets at 400+ meters easily. A tank is not a sniper, you did not try to snipe him.
    I've had tanks break off from the zerg and come after me plenty of times, you can only target one.70+ kph covers a lot of ground very quickly. And I've been hit by tanks at 300 meters while in a turret.
    • Up x 1
  19. Tentakewls

This thing needs to be nerfed already, it's ridiculous. They also need to buff it by giving it a zoom so it can be used more efectively by people without a gaming mouse. They should increase the CD on the turret since losing it at the moment doesn't affect you at all, and the explosion when it's destroyed should damage people in a wide area, that way it'd kill the engi even if it's not rendered ( I'd assume ). They should also fix the deployment since running around like an idiot with your turret in your hand trying to find a magic spot where you can use it is extremely aggravating.
    • Up x 1
  20. SkepticJerry

As a tanker I find really very little issue with them. You have to be aware of your surroundings, know where your cover is and time your movements. In other words, pick your fights.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.