Why is the Vanu Sovereignty's secondary colour so hideous?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MarthKoopa, Feb 7, 2014.

1. MarthKoopa

And this is why we should have that "CUSTOMIZATION" Mr Isaac was always bragging about. Because while you may think it looks fine, and it's fine that you do, but to me it's utterly hideous and I want to be able to change it.

Baby blue teal is one of the worst colours ever and goes with nothing.
  2. Crayv

Hey look it's a Mardi Gras parade... oh wait, it's just Vanu.
  3. Epic High Five

We can't all be champs with solid gold MAXes and rotten banana Reavers.

NC will always stick out like a sore thumb because of our bright *** yellow secondary, but at least we do it with STYLE
  4. NC_agent00kevin

Purple is doable, but I really do dislike the cyan color. Green would have been better for my own preferences. Nothing goes with cyan well. I had to make my VS Lightning white with the cyan stripes and cyan underglow. It was about the only thing that 'worked' on it.
  5. Brandmon

Could be worse.

As opposed to, you know, the NC looking like anything between Pikachu or a sack of lemons, whenever they don't look like William Wallace with Woad "camo". The NC doesn't just seem to not mind conspicuous camos: they embraced them.
  6. Rentago

[IMG]

i likeed the old shine to the vanu armor.

kinda confused why they couldn't keep that kind of purple and teal combination.
  7. NanoBitSplit

Because SOE is silly and not too smart. PS1 colors were better in general, partly due to the artists understanding the limitations of the hardware at the time and designing the game around it. Sure, that VS on the right has a considerable amount of black and grey- he's also the highest Command Rank, meaning he worked for it, and even then he's still glowing purple.

I'm mostly indifferent to the colors on the camo in the OP- I just hate it because holy hell, it looks like it was made in literally thirty seconds in MS Paint.
  8. MarthKoopa

It looks so good, though not so much the final set. First three are brilliant.

Shiny, dark, yet colourful and easy on the eyes. Quite the opposite of our ultra flamboyant eye-assaulting PS2 colours.