2nd Gen NS SMG useless?

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by SadeSkirata, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Catch23

I'm not sure but it appears to me that the new one has slightly less recoil (with the same angle). Would like to see some data from the Devs.

If I'm mistaken there isn't much point in buying this one if you already own the NS-PDW. Slightly better ROF and minimal velocity buff vs. worse damage drop-off (SMGs lose 3m max damage/ 10m minimum damage range suppressed), worse minimum damage and much worse reload.

So its higher ROF won't do anything at 12+m and at shorter range other SMGs are simply better. That said, both guns are really Infiltrator carbines and the new version is a variant which needs some polishing imo. It should either have more DPM/ DPS and actually less velocity to give the built in suppressor a meaning in CQC or make this variant unique by giving it like 370 velocity to make that noticable at medium range with the trade-off having worse damage-stats at this range over the NS-PDW
  2. Master

I see lots of QQ here. Dont get the gun. Me? I'm gonna get it when I auraxium all the other SMGs.
  3. NoctD

Not sure if finished but it seems like it should have a built-in suppressor and does the most damage with one.
  4. SadeSkirata

Yes, but the "increase" is barely noticeable with major detriments as well. The "better" ROF is only a feeble 19 rpm, and the reload took a hit as it is now even longer. The and minimum damage range and damage dealt have shot WAY down reducing its effectiveness.

And to you mas, I do not believe I'm wrong in saying that even if the weapon was the worst in the game you would buy it and aurax it.
  5. biterwylie

Calm down dude! You do not have to buy it! If you have something better, use it.
  6. Tenebrae Aeterna

This is just a random thought...

Make the new SMG a set of two that you duel wield.

They wouldn't come with any scope options, unlike the other SMGs, because you wouldn't be able to aim down the sights with them. Instead, each mouse button would control the sub-machine gun held the corresponding hand...letting players fire off only one weapon or both simultaneously depending upon their desire. In combination to the inability to aim down the sights, another downside of this set would be a long reload period because you have to reload two guns simultaneously.

Basics:

- Inability to aim down the sights.
    - Lengthy reload duration.
    - Double the ammunition.
    - Doubt the firepower.
    - Weaker than other sub-machine guns when used independently.
    - Stronger than other sub-machine guns when used together.

I hesitated to suggest this simply because the development team keeps tossing around duel wielding for the Light Assault, not that they seem to want it. Also, to balance this out, the weapon(s) would have to be weaker than your typical sub-machine gun when used independently...but slightly better when used in unison. The inability to aim down the sites would justify the increased damage when used together. This would give players the ability to alternate between fully hosing an enemy and simply firing off a single weapon to finish a wounded target off. I can see this being a rather unique take on the SMG line which is different than any SMG currently in the game, something that I think we all want.
    • Up x 1
  7. acksbox

Not sure what about two weapons could possibly prevent aiming down the sights of at least one of them at a time.

Still don't think a dual weapon is a good idea.
  8. ironeddie

Since I've realised I probably won't be going to use stalker. I took a look at the new smg. I looked at its stats, played with it on pts.

I can't see why I would choose it over my sirius.
  9. Takoita

If the game resources are so tight that our weapons look almost identical to each other, why waste them on a gun no one asked for?
    • Up x 1
  10. KillSwitchWes

This weapon could be saved if they just increased the max damage to 143. RoF would be up to balance but would probably have to be decreased to around 730 RPM.
  11. Hoki

A PDW variant that begins dropoff sooner, reaches max dropoff sooner, and requires 1 more bullet to kill than default version at every range.

nope.avi