Is the cheating/aimbotting/etc really that bad?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Calmdown, Feb 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alarox

I have seen, if I recall correctly, one hacker after 44 days of playing this game.
  2. LilianaMonteclaire

Mattherson player here, and there definately are a number of them. Aimbots are hard to detect and I know I can lag at times, but seeing someone's harasser suddenly go up to 8x speed and catapult itself into the sunset with a full crew of players in it leaves little room for alternate interpretations. Desync's don't result in 8x speed and it literally shooting itself into space. Add that to some rather... suspicious snipers I've seen with the magical ability to snap between targets and headshot chain all of them without pausing at any point during the firing....

They certainly do exist in large enough numbers to be notable, but there's not nearly as many as people think.
  3. Badname6587

This game is overrun with hacks.. its been cited many times how many downloads of hacks for this game have been made out there. Its thousands on several sites. If you don't believe it, just do a simple browser search and check.

Now did all those people just download the hack and never use it...

lol... no, they all joined ZAPS.
  4. CaptHaddock

Everyone has their recruitment standards - don't be hating. If you crank it up to ultra mode you start shooting rainbows and unicorns.
  5. Monkeydmomo

You're right, the guilt is far to heavy for me to handle. I admit it! I'm guilty of using zaps.exe, please, please! Take me in, I should be punished for my sins.
  6. Hatesphere

because a hacking site or forum would never list fake numbers to get more sales right? I highly doubt that the majority of zaps is hacking, just sounds like the kill you a lot.
    • Up x 2
  7. PinkamenaDianePie

Sometimes when I'm having a ****** day, I come to these forums and just do a search for "zaps".

These posts always cheer me up.

Added bonus when you realize it's mostly the same people all the time. It's like opening fan-mail from one of those creepy, obsessive stalkers. Very flattering, but you kind of pity them.
  8. Utrooperx

As posted previously...the odds that the player who just killed you is cheating is "fairly low".

That was what a official SoE rep stated.

Fairly low.

Now that just makes me feel so much better...:rolleyes:

Of course, I would prefer "extremely low"...wouldn't you?

Oddly enough, the later (or earlier, as the case may be...) you play on Mattherson, the more...well..."funny stuff"...you notice...the "faster-then-a-speeding-bullet" infiltrators, the "remarkable-extremely-accurate" snipers that make it so if you stick your head out of the Spawn...three different guys head-shot you instantly, the HA's that "snap-shot" you with Deci's...

It seems quite a few MLG-quality players descend on Mattherson in the wee hours of the morning...

But the chances they are using..."a little extra help"...is "fairly low".

Isn't that nice?
    • Up x 2
  9. Monkeydmomo

And the chances the people complaining suck is pretty high. Once again, "pretty high."
  10. BOOKEN

SOE posted that they had banned at least 9,000 accounts for hacking within the first 6 months of game opening. I'd go find that post but I'm lazy. Instead I offer you this:

Ok lemme break it down like a fraction for you. I hear this general statement by so many people. "I have only seen maybe one or 2 hackers".

Want to see how many hackers there are? Follow these real simple and easy steps. And remember, the last one is the most important.

Step 1: Go to youtube and type in Planetside 2 Hack, aimbot, cheat, etc.

Step 2: Count all those thousands of videos.

Step 3: Count all the thousands of people killed by those hacks.

Step 4: Count all those views those videos have.

Step 5: Consider how many of the people viewing those videos went and got the cheat.

Step 6: Go visit a website that offers cheats to Planetside and many other games. Look at their forums. Some have more posts than the average planetside forum does!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Step 7: Now ask yourself how many people are killed by hackers. You have just seen thousands and thousands of people killed by hackers in those videos. And that is simply the people selling the hack.

Step 8: Get your head out of between your cheeks and open your eyes!!!!

But seriously you naysayers either just don't get it, are trolls, or work for SOE.
    • Up x 6
  11. Pikachu

About as common as c85. Long time ago since I noticed one that was for sure.
  12. PromptCritical Developer

I'm not sure if you read my post on page three, but I will reiterate here:

I took at look at the first three pages on YouTube. All of those videos were recorded at least six months ago, and every link takes you to either:
    • A bogus site that will give you a trojan/malware/virus of their choosing
    • A free site with forums to download cheats that haven't worked in a year
    • A pay site that says their cheat is "undetected" until you actually pay for it and discover otherwise
    • Up x 7
  13. reydelchicken

Honestly, out of all the players in every fps game out there I believe that at most 1% of players could be cheating.

And most of the players that record videos with aimbots, or other cheats, are usually doing this against bots, and don't personally use those cheats against other players.

Besides, after a bit of looking around on stats, I can't say a single player could be cheating.
    I am talking about the IvI score on the dasanfall website; all the players with 1000+ IvI score, they all have good aim, or decent aim, but not a single one could be considered a cheater, since some of them have very good acc, but bad HSR, some have good HSR and bad acc, and most have both, but nobody has that "cheat level" 80% acc, or HSR.

I am aware that many times weird things can happen ingame, but if you record, and analize the footage in slow-motion, you can usually pick out the issues to be caused by one of the following factors:
    • Internet issues (such as lag, desync, etc),
    • Frame rate issues; lower framerates (under 20-30 fps) can make players look like they teleport.
    • A mistake (not hitting your target, reacting too slow, etc.).
    • Server issues: Such as the issue where nobody could damage anything on Connery a few days ago.
  14. Liberty

While I fear your post might have fallen on deaf ears, allow me to say that I (and I think) many other players have noticed a significant reduction in the number of hackers in this game. Not that there ever was "a lot' by any means, but there are significantly less than there was 6 months ago.

After the first 3 months of the games launch, I'd maybe run into or see a video of a person every week or so blatantly hacking. In the last 3 months I've reported one person and watched their profile on and off for about a week and saw they didn't log back in after that. So to me, things are working and they are working well.

I wish I could tell you how to convince more people of the improvements you've made because there has been a significant improvement when it comes to hacking, but the sad reality is many will quickly jump to the worst conclusion when they die to someone who they think they should have beaten or if the skill gap between two players is simply large enough.
    • Up x 3
  15. Brandmon

I didn't see a hacker for a long time now and the players I suspect of "Hacking" are equally as negligible. Indeed most of the reported hacks are simply networking issues. The rest are just tears, simple tears.
  16. FABIIK

I have been playing for more than a year and I can count on ONE HAND the number of times i fell victim to an obvious hacker (eg: guy moving through walls and rampaging inside the enemy spawn).

Now I'm not saying cheaters don't exist. What I'm saying is that they don't ruin my gaming experience. At worst (best?) they make the game a bit harder and I like a good challenge.

There far more very bad players than there are cheaters in PS2.
  17. SidCom

But how much hacker pop has an "average" FPS? 10 or 30 or 50%? Who knows... (i mean not blatant cheater, no, i mean this ones with more then two braincells, the pretenders)

Simply the fact that Smed made this harsch official announcement against the cheat producer on Dez. 2012 tells me that they had, and obviously still have problems with this scumbags.

Did you see ANY GM's the last few month in PS2? I did not, and i play every day between 4-8 hours (since Feb. 2013)

...did they give up?
  18. FABIIK

Also there are far more teamkillers (you know, those that kill teammates for the Lulz) than cheaters in the game.
    • Up x 1
  19. Xasapis

They are certainly a lot more subtle than the early days.
    • Up x 1
  20. Noktaj

I do this all the time... I can imagine the faces of those ppl trying to backrape you and get a full mag in the face.
    Of course, sometimes they succeed :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.