Why is the Vanu Sovereignty's secondary colour so hideous?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MarthKoopa, Feb 7, 2014.

1. MarthKoopa

What happened to the nice dark green-teal from PlanetSide 1? Why did it get changed into such an obnoxiously bright blue-teal that doesn't look good with ANYTHING?

Will I ever be able to customize it so it's darker and more like PS1's Vanu colours? All these new camos that use your faction's secondary colour are dreadful for Vanu. It's nice that I can get rid of all of it with camos on my dude, but it's still very visible on vehicles, and I would like to have camos that use the dark green teal that we're supposed to have.

Just look at this:

[IMG]

Ultra bright, ultra hideous "teal". This isn't what the Vanu should look like. It's ridiculous! It's as if someone dunked him and his tank into a vat of neon paint. How did the developers SERIOUSLY consider this to be good at all?

I want my PS1 Vanu colours!
    • Up x 3
  2. Pikachu

You no like regular spring green and cyan? You want options?
    [IMG]
    • Up x 4
  3. deggy

I kinda like the loud-and-ostentatious look...
    • Up x 2
  4. SenEvason

*looks at neon yellow that NC have*
    • Up x 1
  5. EmmettLBrown

It's to remind you that black is not your secondary.
    • Up x 6
  6. Akeita

Because this "rabble" is better than Vanu...
    • Up x 2
  7. Hicksimus

I like that color quite a lot. If somebody finds and buys me the paint I will paint one of my cars that exact color(doesn't have to be quality paint....just has to be that let me teal you a story color).
  8. MarthKoopa

It's fine if you like the colour and all, but something that ridiculous shouldn't be the standard, it should be an OPTION. Dark green teal should be the standard so people can take us seriously as a faction.

I'll take a dark green, thanks. The recruit reward pixel camo for Vanu has some great colours on it, so I dunno why that can't be our standard over the ultra puke we have now.
  9. MarthKoopa

10. MarthKoopa

Surely I'm not the only Vanu who wants good faction colours?
  11. RogueVindicare

Teal and purple ARE our faction colors.

I'll admit it could be a little darker.... closer to the color of the buttons here on the forum. But, eyh ; it fits well enough.
  12. Pikachu

Regular green is not venu color, except for lights. :p Venu is purple, dark gray, cyan and spring green.
  13. MarthKoopa

I made it really close to PS1 VS teal, what it should be.

And cyan is most CERTAINLY not one of our colours. It has never been one.
  14. LIKE A BOSS!

What is this venu that you speak of? :confused:
  15. dracoio

Because it a secondary colour that when paired with our trademark purple spandex is sexiest faction colour combo
  16. Strottinglemon

Agreed, a nice cool teal would be preferable.
  17. Frosty The Pyro

hideous?

I think you mean
    FABULOUS
    • Up x 1
  18. vincent-

I think they all scream SHOOT ME! But that's just my trigger finger talking.
    • Up x 1
  19. Xasapis

I'm still waiting for my pink camo.
  20. Elrobochanco

100% disagree with OP. It looks great, the blue-er teal is much nicer than the more green version posted later. It compliments the purple much nicer.
    • Up x 1