The Crossbow

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Doomzzg, Feb 5, 2014.

1. whitupiggu

Commissioner would work better.
    • Up x 1
  2. Hibiki54

This is such a troll thread.
  3. Sandpants

EMP grenade + this.

Then again an EMP grenade + anything will wipe out rooms anyway.
  4. huller

The crossbow adapts the model of the previously equiped weapon and a random reload animation and "bolt" animation, in this case, it is the Jackhammer burst fire mode animation, in the case of say the Carv it is the bolt action sniper rifle animation.
  5. Doomzzg

6. Nintyuk

If this is like a scoped commissioner and is for all classes then I've now found my new favorite sidearm to pair with my shotgun.
  7. AccelPrime

If this how the final NS Crossbow is going to function i'm just going to stick with my commie instead.

Atleast that saves me 700 SC :p!
  8. B3cker

I was actually hoping for a primary crossbow like this, but without having to bolt after each shot^^
    • Up x 1
  9. Ash87

I'm interested to see what it will come out as next week.

...I mean I also wish that the devs would have given it something beyond straight damage, like poison or wounding... or something, but *Shrug*
  10. ZeroErrorz

give it the HE bolt, image the use :eek: but still maybe emp,concosion,or flashbang would do fine to it, just limit it to one shot or make the splash really small
  11. Torok

Been using it on Live servers today and had a lot of fun with it, pretty much because of Trolling as almost no one else got it unlocked mahah, still it's a good weapon, maybe too much as a secondary.

It has Unlimited POTENTIAL!

I foresee epic videos if it goes live like this.

Yes sir.

I wanna ride a MechaREX.
    • Up x 1
  12. Admiralty

Lololol that looks so much like the ballistic knife animation from COD
  13. AdmiralArcher

god i hope its not 1000 certs, can it at least be 500?
  14. whitupiggu

New weapons are always 1000 certs.
    • Up x 2
  15. Mustarde

7 bolts to kill a magrider from behind. Unless that's bugged.

Get ready for vehicle alpha strikes with stalker cloak!!!
  16. whitupiggu

Hordes of infiltrators stalking the battlefield picking off tanks. Would be glorious.
  17. Xoda1609

I love the new update.

My feedback: The crossbow should be a 1 shot (head shot) kill between 0-20/30 meters. the commissioner outplays this weapon at every point (except novelty). to make this weapon viable as a choice it needs a USP. seeing as it has a very small mag and longish reload time I feel it should have the edge over the hand cannon for close quarters. especially for the stalker cloakers. I really like the look of the weapon, just wish it was a tad more dangerous.

the bugs i have found have already been talked about so i will add nothing new there. :D

Nice job SOE, keep up the good work.
    • Up x 1
  18. Nintyuk

I think you can fit scopes on it for longer ranges. That's already a 1 up in my book.
    • Up x 2
  19. Ravenorth

I wouldn´t mind having few more bolts on the magazine, or maybe even just one.

Three is just so little.
  20. ironeddie

Three isn't many at all. I thought the total ammo pool quite small to. Might have to equip the ammo bandolier.

I haven't spent more than a few minutes with the crossbow. I presume we don't appear on radar when we shoot it. Is that the case with the explosive bolts? I kinda think they would get you noticed.
    • Up x 1