Help on increasing fps.......

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Jaden420, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Jaden420

Hey everyone, so some help on increasing my fps would be great.

To start my system specs:

Windows 7 home premium
    Intel core I7 950@3.09 ghz
    6g Corsair Dom Ram
    64 bit operting system
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 460, dual cards, both 460s.

Now when i play i have everything set to low, shadows and everything else turned off. Render quality set to half. and render distance set to half. Trying to reduce the strain on my cpu by doing so.

At any warpgate i range from 45-60 fps.
    In a small battle i get around 30-40.
    Im a medium sized battle i get abour 20-30
    Anything past 2 squads one each side i can dip as low as single digits. while maintaining under 20.

So any input on improving the fps would be great, where its some way to tweak the computer or replace certain components. Anything to help it run smoother would be awesome.

Ill also answer any questions you might have about my pc.

Thanks for the help guys.
  2. Elite

I would expect you to get more performance out of that hardware. I don't think PS2 is very optimized at all for dual graphics though.
    hmmmmmmmm....
  3. Jaden420

Thats the thing, everyone ive spoken to says that I should be getting more performance and i have no other issues with any other games really. I know the optimization isnt that great for dual cards but it shouldnt matter all that much. Ive had suspicions about my cooling system but again im not sure.
  4. Ravenorth

Do you have smoothing turned off on the graphics menu? It locks your fps on the most stable number, which limits the max fps you might get. I had 60 fps when I had smoothing turned on and without it I get twice as much.
  5. Elite

If your cpu is cooking, that'll cause it to have issues. Try running software called Speedfan, it can give you a temperature readout when you're gaming. if it gets over 90 Celsius, that'll cause issues
  6. johnukguy

In fact turning everything to low can cause a drop in FPS and this game really isn't optimized for more than single graphics card setups. Try a mix of some high and some low, but definitely shadows on medium or below and also upgrade to 8Gbs of Ram if you can. Also, rather than using SLI, see if you can get hold of at least an AMD 7870.
  7. BlackDove