Please don't remove the terminals

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Syphers, Jan 27, 2014.

1. faykid

just destroy all of them if you prepare for defence.

if you cannot make it to the terminal and destroy it, you probably already lost the base. but it can be blown up using a variety of methods
    • Up x 1
  2. MGAMIKA

Congratz you are one of the many people that don't know that... AS A DEFENDER YOU CAN DESTROY THE TERMINAL AND THE ENEMY CANNOT REPAIR/USE IT. I get team killed because multiple infiltrators keep hacking into the terminals, I then destroy the terminals and then get killed for destroying friendly terminals, when they are just going to be hacked 30sec later.

I have never died to a Sniper while changing classes or getting a vehicle. Mostly it is SMG infils that attack you when are just about to pull it.

Also it is not a new way as they have been around for months, in some of the bases it is further away from the point than the spawn room is.
  3. MGAMIKA

It really depends on how outpoped you are, also how long till allies come. -.-
    Sometimes destroying the Terminals gives you another 4-6min depending on the base and the current pop in the base.
  4. pel

Great, more suicide runs to destroy terminals ( that now take two rocket hits to destroy )........

Destroying the terminals early doesn't work because some new player will always come over and repair it thinking they are helping. While trying to destroy them after the attackers arrive will be near impossible if they are placing them farther away from the main spawns.

I see no real positive in this for the defending players at all.

The only positive thing I get out of this is it will be easier for me to piss off defenders as a play my infiltrator by allowing me to drop more prox mines and get more med kits to keep myself alive longer. All this as I wait for more to arrive before switching to my max.

Notice that most of the players who are happy about this are infiltrators....
  5. DocteurVK

They should make them only stay hacked for a fixed amount of time. This way, a lone infiltrator will not be able to change loadouts easily, while it will add to the base secondary objectives...

Or make them have a small chance to trigger random effects when you use them when they 're hacked (less shields / wrong loadout...).

Also, I think terminals should not be able to be destroyed by your own faction...
  6. Rahk

Wish they would make it so that anyone could repair the terminal, but it would be under the base owners control once it got repaired. Also, to do this though, there would have to be some level of "access control" required to get to the terminals, maybe hackable doors like in PS1 or maybe some hackable force field. This would require at least 2 people to "fix" a broken terminal then, one being someone who cannot cloak.

Also by having the force field / door protecting the terminals, it wouldn't be a free loadout place for the attackers. The door / forcefield would be a temporary hack, so even if the terminal was flipped, someone would need to hack it again so that the attackers could use it. Anything less would be giving the attackers a huge advantage and not something that could help the defenders. I'd rather a door than a forcefield though because once the door is open, it would allow bullets to travel both ways, as well as enemies to enter. It shouldn't be something that turns into another spawn room bunker.
  7. Syphers

The defenders are advantaged so whoever outplay win. If it's really a problem then make it clear to others that you must destroy them. As a defender I used them often, you can't remove convenient/strategic elements because some people are using them properly. As Rahk said however I think that the they should be protected by hackable force-fields/doors as it make little sense to put an armory right there in the open but not too close to the spawnrooms either

Medical terminals cool idea, it would be nice to bring them back
  8. Psychophonic-RNX

Can we please get the mainterminal back in the techplant (mainhall), best would be tommorow ;)
  9. JonboyX

In conjunction with more terminals;
    1) hackable/repairable by the enemy.
    2) people cannot spawn maxes at AMSs.

I think this has the twofold advantage of making Maxes harder to acquire in sieges, not necessarily a bad thing, and infiltrators more meaningful.