Do you care about getting Araxium Medals?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Badmagic362, Feb 2, 2014.

1. m44v

So you can't break even, is more profitable to stick to the gun you like than spending 1000c in a new one and auraxing it, unless is a cheap gun.
  2. EsDee

Pragmatically (at least from the perspective of a numerophile), if you were to Auraxium every default weapon for every class, every vehicle seat, and every turret...
    1. Knife
    2. Pistol
    3. Sniper Rifle
    4. Carbine
    5. Assault Rifle
    6. Light Machine Gun
    7. Rocket Launcher
    8. Frag Grenade
    9. MAX Punch
    10. MAX AI Left
    11. MAX AV Right
    12. MAX Burster Right
    13. Harasser Gunner
    14. Sunderer Back
    15. Sunderer Front
    16. Lightning
    17. MBT Driver
    18. MBT Gunner
    19. ESF Nosegun
    20. Liberator Nosegun
    21. Liberator Bellygun
    22. Liberator Tailgun
    23. Galaxy Topgun
    24. Galaxy Tailgun
    25. Galaxy Left-Wing
    26. Galaxy Right-Wing
    27. Anti-Infantry MANA Turret
    28. Xiphos Phalanx Turret
    29. Spear Phalanx Turret
    30. Aspis Phalanx Turret
    Not only would you have more Auraxium medals than most players on top of your minimum amassed 24360 certs (you can only keep 10000 at a time, unfortunately), if you did this from day 1, you'd also have made it past BR 59 with 4350000 xp!
    EDIT: Dammit, forgot frag grenades, fixed.
  3. St0mpy

ive only got 7

i feel inadequate
  4. Yuukikun

Auraxiums? I don't see what you're talking about

[IMG] - yuukikunvs
    • Up x 1
  5. SirEltonJohn

I like trying lots of different weapons, and i think the auraxium medal is a good point to reach where I can say "yeah, I've got the feel for this one, i like/dislike it for xyz reason". You can also take it a step further with dasanfall's stats site and see some nice personal numbers on each weapon.

As far as being forced or stuck on a weapon based on medals, I guess it depends. Right now I've done all my LMGs and am working on the amr-66 battle rifle ... So if I'm in a situation requiring super srs bsns mlg pro gunz I'll go back to one of my old faithfuls.

And yeah, I am dying a lot right now using the amr-66. I guess by around 1200 kills I'll get the feel for it :) But although I do like using k/d or spm as a guide to compare myself with myself, I don't mind losing some numbers if I'm having fun in the process.
  6. Kalendric

Yes. I care about Auraxiuming a weapon.

My failure to get even one so far leaves me filled with shame. I have not failed Vanu, I have failed myself.
    • Up x 4
  7. EsDee

What's that Pip, you're in it for the long haul? You want to Auraxium everything your faction has to offer?

Just for fun, let's work that out. Including all Black/Gold/Platinum versions of NS weapons from the gamecard/recruiting promotions, Gold SMGs from the retail box, FB Gold Pistols for getting Auraxium with dual AI MAX weapons, R-Type MBT mainguns from the recuiting promotion, and AE ESRLs from the Anniversary Bundle.

1. Knife (1)
    2. Pistol (16)
    3. Sniper Rifle (6)
    4. Scout Rifle (2)
    5. Submachine Gun (6)
    6. Carbine (8)
    7. Shotgun (5)
    8. Battle Rifle (1)
    9. Assault Rifle (8)
    10. Light Machine Gun (8)
    11. ES Heavy Weapon (1)
    12. Rocket Launcher (5)
    13. ESRL (2)
    14. Grenades (3; As far as I know, Frag, AV, and Concussion are the only lethal thrown grenades)
    15. Explosives (3)
    16. MAX Punch (1)
    17. MAX AI Left (4)
    18. MAX AI Right (4)
    19. MAX AV Left (3)
    20. MAX AV Right (3)
    21. Flash Duct-Tape Gun (4)
    22. Harasser Gunner (9)
    23. Sunderer Back (6)
    24. Sunderer Front (6)
    25. Lightning (5)
    26. MBT Maingun (4)
    27. MBT Gunner (7)
    28. ESF Nosegun (4)
    29. ESF Wing/Rockets (4)
    30. Liberator Nosegun (2)
    31. Liberator Bellygun (3)
    32. Liberator Tailgun (3)
    33. Galaxy Topgun (2)
    34. Galaxy Tailgun (2)
    35. Galaxy Left-Wing (2)
    36. Galaxy Right-Wing (2)
    37. MANA Turrets (2)
    38. Phalanx Turrets (3)
    And now Pip, now you're god with 152 Auraxiums. Gotta catch em all!
    In your illustrious career, you've earned 22040000 xp off kills and service ribbons alone, putting you 3171050 xp past BR100, effectively enough to get to BR52 again. You've also earned each and every one of your 123424 certs.
  8. iMartyr

It's my metagame
    • Up x 1
  9. Camycamera

yup, i try to go for araxium on all the weapons i get. currently i am trying to get araxium on the jaguar, TSAR and hailstorm, as well as various medals for all the various vehicle weapons as well.

and i have in the back of my mind to achieve the araxium knife medal and repeater araxium medal as well.

then i move on to other guns.

the weapons i have araxium'd:

[IMG]

and holy crap i just realised that the repeater is at no.5 most kills with 966 kills, i better get to it then lol (great weapon, but i want to move on to the commissioner now)
  10. sustainedfire

I care about getting Auraxium medals.

It gives a goal to work toward. I would use one particular weapon, and I tend to use the most inappropriate weapons at the most inappropriate times, just to keep adding kills toward the auraxium.

Ive Auraxiumed a significant number of guns at this point. Still have a few to work towards, though they are not necessarily the type that fit my playstyle. That's is why im quite glad they are expanding the medal system soon. Ive started to revisit some of the guns I have already Auraxiumed, though its less fun when you do not have an end goal to work on in game.
  11. EsDee

Just to clarify, that's only true for 1000c weapons; there are 100/250/500c sidegrades for most weapons on top of the default.
  12. Stealth1

Normally I don't care for any achievement/trophy systems in games, but at some point obtaining Auraxium medals became an incentive/goal.

Now that I have 30+ plus the appeal is starting to wear thin. I don't want to subjugate myself to using weapons I don't like, so once I'm done with the current ones I'm working on I'll simply use weapons that are best fit for the situation.
    • Up x 1
  13. Purg

Care factor zero. I use what's effective and if I get some additional XP from time to time using it, fine. I won't stop using a weapon because I've 'auraxiumed' it nor will I choose a weapon because I've yet to.
  14. AuxiMoron

Once I started I got hooked and couldn't stop.

28 auraxiums and a year later and I think I've auraxiumed every gun I found at the least tolerable, and hopefully I won't start working on my bursters or the magshot.
  15. Spectre 694

EsDee you forgot the Zepher PX Liberator Belly Gun, i have 40 seconds playtime with that... sitting in WG.

I try to auraxiam as many weapons as possible, but atm I care more about getting every bronze medal I can excluding the special grenades (flash/conc/emp) and special versions (gold/black) and limited offer weapons (flare guns).
    6 more to go. (3 rangers, Liberator Walker, AV mana turret, Hornet rockets)
  16. f0d

i dont care about auraxium medals at all
    i use whatever weapons are effective and fun

certs are easy enough to get without having to worry about using horrible weapons just to get auraxium and some certs
  17. nonrg1

i got my first auraxium on my bolt driver because i liked using it. not really paying attention to it.
    my second was my cyclone and i fell in love with it and i got that medal in a week without even noticing. it was a pleasant surprise
  18. ronjahn

Getting those purple medals has become a big part of the game for me. My obsession started when I set the goal of auraxiuming all of the MBT cannons. I have a pretty good lists now:

Blitz, gd7f, merc, gauss compact s, acx11, razor, ns11c, em6, SAW, claw, piston, longshot, c4, Vanguard AP/HEAT/HE, Lightning Viper and HEAT, harasser Fury. There could be some I am forgetting.

I am currently working on getting it with the Gauss Compact Burst and it is driving me crazy(wtf is this gun good at!!!!)

While I do work on getting them, I also find myself switching back to the weapons I know I can always rely on(em6, gd7f, blitz), especially if I am getting frustrated with a specific weapon or I am running serious OPs with my outfit and need to be at my best.

I see a lot of people saying that the certs aren't worth it and I would agree; I do it because it is fun and challenging. After being BR100 for awhile now, certs aren't as important to me as they once were and I have set my own goals and do what brings me the best challenge and fun.
  19. Vanus Aran

I got Auraxium-Medals yesterday for my Nebulas.
    That actually felt like something totally too late or something but yeah, that was nice.
  20. Andrea SKye

I am in exactly the same boat. I have araxium with all my favourite guns too and now i feel as tho i cant use them anymore, as If I do i am wasting my time when i could be getting araxium with something else. I wish there was like a system where once you got an araxium it reset, and you could get it again, like Araxium 2 or something.