Do you care about getting Araxium Medals?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Badmagic362, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Badmagic362

So whenever I get a few hundred kills with any weapon I suddenly feel the urge to use it exclusively in order to get the Araxium Medal. The 200 certs for the Araxium medal is very temping and since I use just one weapon I don't select the right class and weapon for the situation and end up dieing more often and getting very frustrated. But something inside me just screams "gotta get the medal". After I get the medal I never touch it again because I feel I need to use non medaled guns. I've Araxium medaled my favorite guns (Cyclone, GD7F, and Piston) and feel forced to use other guns. Is anyone else like this or am I just crazy?
  2. NC_agent00kevin

I go after the medals but I dont stop using some guns just because they are Auraxium'd. The reason they are is because they are good guns. Some weapons like the Merc I might never use again after medalling them up; but only the guns I dont like and only use to earn those certs.
  3. FateJH

Never underestimate craziness.

(I've been playing since December 2012 and the only weapon I'm close to getting an Auraxium is my Trac-5. Combined with the 3000 certs I'm sitting on, that would just means more certs I can't decide what I want to do with.)
  4. Pikachu

Faq yeah! I stop using the weapon after I got it. After I finished nc1 I went for DMR and now not sure if NS rifle or gr-22. Got purple on one mattock today. Got to get on the other then buy grinders, but I don't have enough certs for a long time. :L
    • Up x 2
  5. TTex11

I go for the Auraxium cause I enjoy the feel of getting a new weapon and figuring out how to make it work best for me. The 200 certs you get for that final purple medal really isn't much when you compare it to how much you'll earn on the journey to get there. I'm just about at Auraxium on the GD-22s now and just need to figure out if I'm going to go to the EM1 or the Gauss Saw S next.
  6. BITES

I've only got 5 left.
    Bursters x 2
    Ravens x 2
    Punch (260 left)

;)

Bursters are going to be the worst/most fun (if you die outside of a plane due to these and me on Connery .. I apologise ... you gave your life for a good cause...)
  7. Kunavi

I don't. It's 200 Certs, I understand that... But I care more about competition and so if a weapon is better for me I'll just use that even if I have 5K Kills with it. I can make 200 Certs faster by using a familiar weapon than Aurax' weapons I can't use. I don't care about bragging rights either, even if I say I like to compete it's my own thing, if I win or lose is for me and those involved to know.

Having 100 shelved Aurax weapons doesn't say much about your quality as an FPSer other than that you are persistent, obsessed, a Perfectionist, a Completionist, have OCD, like to brag... Or that you play too much, too Hard-Core. In a bad way, as in you struggle too much for nothing. It could be any of those things but not none means you're crazy good at PS2.
    • Up x 4
  8. Octopinky

I can't use a few select pieces of my weapon collection anymore because I'm trying to get medals.
  9. Peanut Butter

I would have to say that it is personal preference. I don't ever use a weapon to get the medal on it, I use it because it is good (unless I am really close to a medal already). There are so many ways to get Certs that I feel grinding for them with a weapon I don't like is useful or fun. What is fun is making the NC and VS regret their decision on the Faction Selection Screen.

I am currently on like 7,500 kills with the SABR-13, and I absolutely love that weapon.
  10. Bibibla

The only time I cared was for the last 7 kills of my gauss saw. I clearly remember I encountered mostly max suits, and I had to use my Rocket Launcher. And those last 7 kills were a pain.

Oh, and when I realise I have auaxiumed a gun, I try to use another one. But usually, I blow up the count by at least 100 before noticing :-D.
  11. Moisture

No. Every 5 minutes I have a new weapon I want to play with, I will never get a medal because I cant stick with a gun.
    Its a good problem to have.
  12. NinjaTurtle

Yes I go after Auraxium medals, have 12 so far:

Mercenary, Blitz, Cyclone, Golden Cyclone, Gauss Saw, Piston, Gauss Compact S, Long Shot, Bolt Driver, Betties, Viper, Stalker :D

I find it's a good way to play as it forces me to use new weapons and adapt to new play styles which I feel makes a better player and keeps the game more interesting
  13. EViLMinD

I've got every NC/NS infantry & vehicle gun there is. Auraxiumed several and got gold on all but a few. Ya, I like to get the purple medal. It's something to do (plus, 200 more certs is nice).

Once I get the auraxium medal for a gun, I tend to swap it out of my loadouts so I can focus on something else.

I still use bouncing betties and c4, though. SMGs, too, but not nearly as much. I only use 'em with my infiltrator, and only when scout rifles can't do the job. Nothing beats a cyclone or blitz in cqc.
  14. SnipersUnion

I'm exactly the same OP, gotta have all those shiny medals. I have to remind myself of this mentality whenever I see a heavy using a PDW and finally stop laughing lol.

At least I hope that's the reason......
  15. Scr1nRusher

I'm trying to get the A-Medals on All of the HA LMG's(Not counting the NS LMG)

so far I am nearly done.

After that I'm buying the Dalton.... and going back to the SAW.
  16. EsDee

I just look at the medals as a way of paying for any additional modifications to a weapon to suit its/my playstyle. The actual experience from kills is worth more certs than anything else, with medals worth up to 50% of the cert value of the kills (not counting any kills past auraxium), and non daily service ribbons worth 25% of the cert value of the kills. Of those, only medals are unaffected by boosts and membership.
    1160 kills = 116000 xp = 464 certs
    116 (non-daily) service ribbons = 29000 xp = 116 certs
    Bronze = 2 certs
    Silver = 10 certs
    Gold = 20 certs
    Auraxium = 200 certs
    Grand Total: 812

Absolute maximum value of earning auraxium: Double Xp, +100% Hyperboost, +50% Rank 6 Membership, +50% Population Disadvantage = 6x xp; 2784 certs for kills, 2088 for daily only ribbons, 232 for medals = 5104 certs. Impractical and expensive, but damn
  17. Prudentia

i'm at the point where i have every single Infantry weapon and most vehicle weapons with certs. but i used like 30% of them.
    i have 2 kills on the manticor, 12 on the cerberus, 4 with the Phobos, 0 Deimos, 2 Pulsar LSW, 50 Equinox Burst and so on. did i ignore them because they are bad? not really, i'm currently using Pulsar C as a CQC weapon so i don't care about the performance. but i didn't play Heavy for the first 8 months of the game because LMGs just felt odd.
    Auruaxiums give me a reason to try out new weapons and playstyles and it boosted the fun i had with the game imensly.
  18. Badmagic362

Glad to know I'm at least not alone in my thinking. I'll go back to my favorite guns after I get a couple more out of the way.
  19. Raraldor

I like that they're in the game, but I don't actively go for them. I got nearly every weapon I use on my infiltrator auraxiumed, including my knife, SAS-R, and Desperado :D
  20. BraSS

If I spend certs on a weapon I will use it till I get my moneys worth, which usually means having to Auraxium them and then some.