Snowfake, TR Miller Master LA

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by JeffBeefjaw, Jan 31, 2014.

1. JeffBeefjaw

As already stated this is a montage of long clips of successful high risk high gain attacks and not representative of what he does with every single life. I appreciate the feedback and am looking forward to making more videos.
  2. EmJay

So all this video proves to me that bought weapons are upgrades, not sidegrades, not to mention grenade bandolier combined with subscription bonuses which I guess you have. That Jaguar is insanely op and it seems to have advanved lazors as well. I wish TRAC-5 had advanved lazors as well.
    Got to pick this gun in somewhere in the future for my TR char.

Why play with low settings? Can't your computer handle any higher or do you enjoy that crystal clear screen and bland models where effects have minimium impact what you see and notice on your screen.

Didn't see my VS char in this video but it proves one point I have wondered a lot. VS in Miller have zero situational awareness compared to TR and NC (well maybe NC has a bit more).

I want 3x exp too :(
  3. ScottishRoss

Actually, I saw my outfit get hit pretty hard in that video. But I remember our leader telling us Snowfake was there, meaning that the hunt was on :p
  4. Streetfighter

Great video and nice skills. That's the way to play LA - agressive and fast, fast, fast.
  5. Mustarde

One thing I haven't seen commented on is Snowflake's near obsession with hitbox distortion. Go back and watch the video carefully - in almost every encounter, he jukes and crouches while firing. These maneuvers distort your hitbox to the enemy and reduce their accuracy. Valid, and important tactic to minimize incoming damage while winning 1v1's. While it may seem that no one notices him, there are several times in each streak where someone does, but they are unable to land more than a fraction of gunfire on him before melting.

That is why the advance laser sight is so essential to his build - you couldn't hit the broad side of a barn doing some of these moves without an SMG or SMG-like hipfire weapon (an advance laser jag is a good example). He has tailored his kit and playstyle to get the most out of this.

It used to be much worse, but with flinch changes, the killing of bunny hopping, and the inertia change that made ADAD less effective, distorting your hitbox is not as easy as it used to be. And the best way to do it now is with a hipfire weapon.

Watch some of Zoid's solo pub videos or a stream of xItzMudrax to see similar strategy employed when faced with direct gunfire.

Overall, pretty impressive demonstration. I like the old tower footage, brings back some tower farming nostalgia. From like, yesterday :)
  6. Catch23

Can and is done by all classes and reason why the Blitz is bit better than the Armistice and Cyclone too.

Most of the shooting in this vid could be done almost as good with the inate CQC Carb hipfire except the airborne-shooting. Its old footage when lasersight benefits were extended to jumping/jetting. So some of this stuff wouldn't be possible anymore regardless of the gun you use.
  7. Mustarde

I never said it wasn't possible with other classes. Also you are comparing the blitz to the 1st gen SMG's, not the 2nd gen. And I love my armistice, its melts almost everything I look at.
  8. Catch23

Well yeah, just saying, 2nd gens gives you better range.
    Armistice is really very good at shotgun range that's true and Hailstorm has too low DPS. Blitz almost best of both worlds.
    Im using both, with Armistice I have to ads more due to what you said. Also because it has more horizontal shake
  9. d3adline

3k kills with the Skillhawk, +50k kills with Carbines and ~25k with explosives. Selective memory?
  10. Vanus Aran

Statistics are worth nothing.

Snowfake is only noticable if he got a Shotgun in his hands.
  11. d3adline

If you say so, doubling your SPM maintaining a high k/d and sitting on ~30% accuracy must mean nothing than, while using carbines 95% of the time.

Some people...
  12. Prudentia

ah Miller...
    When i retire i will have Snowfakes jetpack on my wall.
    next to Daddys Mossie, Sebs Lib and LazyTRs Lightning.
    and one of the 500 Scythes Artorius flew into me.
  13. Vanus Aran

All this people believing in statistics.

EVEN I believe in statistic but the overall battle situations can never be accounted for in such a dull "results list".

I know quite a few player who are just good in "letting others die in their place" to be always on the killer-end.
    Creating the illusion that they are not average while in fact, they are. If they cannot place in camper-spots or let others die in their place, they are "surprisingly" normal.

And even if their whole playstile means the support and close presence of many allies nearby, this too just means that they are nothing without their allys and its still the power of others flowing into "their" statistic.

I have seen more convincing 'gods' as the K/D.
  14. ReformerTR

A lot of hate in some of these posts, Snowfake is clearly a great player. Thanks for the video I enjoyed it.
  15. Pat22

He's pretty good as a player but there was very little Light Assault going on in that video.
  16. FABIIK

This is why I don't like edited videos: what is the success rate of the performed stunts ?