AppCrash with no solution

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Ryan Broadside, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Ryan Broadside

I’ve been playing Planetside 2 for over a year now but I have been constantly experiencing app crash every 10 to 15 minutes most notably when there is a high population on the Briggs sever. With the message.
    Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
    Application Name: PlanetSide2.exe
    Application Version: 0.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 514d0e4a
    Hang Signature: a673
    Hang Type: 0
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 3081
    Additional Hang Signature 1: a6731c7d20a0fae15a2fee39002670ad
    Additional Hang Signature 2: 0ad3
    Additional Hang Signature 3: 0ad3ecb13f974805cd42636ebdc22438
    Additional Hang Signature 4: a673
    Additional Hang Signature 5: a6731c7d20a0fae15a2fee39002670ad
    Additional Hang Signature 6: 0ad3
    Additional Hang Signature 7: 0ad3ecb13f974805cd42636ebdc22438

I believe this is type of crash is not unfamiliar with some users however.
    I’m running minimum system requirements on two different lap tops now and have tried all the obvious fixes I can find out about. ie clean boot, run as admin, increase paging file, disable virus checkers, run on low resolution and effects but have had no luck.
    I have been putting up with it until now because the game is great fun and it’s free. However if SOE want to charge a monthly subscription which I’m OK with I want the problem causing the app crash fixed.
    I do note that a crash reporter program has been running lately. I hope it can shed light on the issue for SOE. It’s just the pits when your squad is relying on you to bring up a sunderer or tank for support and the program crashes, I let all my team mates down. I don’t want to pay $180 a year to do that.
    Any suggestions please.

I’ve been
  2. TSR AlexS Customer Service

Sorry about your crashing issues. I would suggest submitting a Dxdiag and Msinfo so we can look into this further.

Below is a knowledge base of suggestions for your crashing problem.

Answer Title: Suggestions to Resolve Crashing and Freezing
    Answer Link: https://help.freerealms.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16158
  3. Northandler

The game just installed a 400 meg update and now the program doesn't work. It will load into the character selection then crash when loading into the server. I've tried multiple servers and it still the program still terminates during login. The character selection screen has a layering problem with the added steaming graphics they've added to the top left and bottom left.

I've restarted the computer, I've checked my system on my end finding that it works with other steam games. I've run it in multiple comparability modes. Something is conflicting causing to crash.

Next step is to try and re install the thing and see if that works out.

I'll explain it in caveman: It work bephoor. You stick ting in der 'puuder. Cawl update. I-no' it no it no WOOORKS!. Make ragemad wike cheetah. You phix pheeze? rawr.!
  4. Grossalaud

When i click on your link...:
    Not available
    This answer is no longer available.
  5. Ryan Broadside

Thanks TSR AlexS. How do I attach the DxDiag.txt file to get it to you and no one else, I'm extremely new using this thread/forum environment.
  6. Northandler

AlexS, you need to look at the link you gave us. It takes us to Free Realms support which isn't really connected with Sony Support. There isn't a category for it either, dude. o_O

Ryan, here's a link down below that shows you how to get your DxDiag text file. The Diagnostics program should have a file placement applet that will allow you to put the txt file wherever you want. It's alot like putting pictures on FB.

Be careful about the information you send and where you send it. Don't send the information to the site AlexS game,, pleeaaase. Either he was in a hurry to paste the info, or he's someone phishing for your computer's specs.

Navigate from your Planetside 2's home page from there go to "support" on the top right side of the screen. From there click on the "Open a Support Ticket". Just follow the instructions and give them the special new DxDiag file. They normally get to you within a week or so and start out with the "did you restart the computer" trouble shooting which normally ends up progressing to "I don't know what's wrong(could be bad sector on hdd), how about you uninstall and reinstal the game."

Link
    http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1866054
  7. Ryan Broadside

Thanks Northlander for the warning about possible phishing from AlexS I thought the FreeRealm.com was a bit weird. However I did find the Support Page and posted a support ticket with Msifo and DXDiag files attached. I really hope to get a better response then the ones you hypothesised because I have tried those easy fixes. If I don't get anywhere with sony support I will just have to wait until I update my computer and make sure it meets or exceeds Sony's suggested system requirements.
    Cheers for the help all the same...