Which Infantry weapons are "Too Good" :rolleyes:

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PastalavistaBB, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Zorro

The Commissioner is a bit too good at very close range. Such a powerful and heavy gun would be difficult to maneuver with around corners and whatnot, yet the game does not reflect this. It is the reason why it is so much more popular than the smaller, CQC-oriented Underboss. Other than that, it is rather balanced, as it is a medium-range pistol.

*Gestures to the AV MANA turret*
    • Up x 2
  2. huller

where did you get your stats from? both the Lynx and Jaguar have a full second longer reload than the serpent.
  3. Gundem

Oh, they do? I guess I stand corrected.

Either way, at least before the well deserved nerf they were more accurate in nearly every way. Now they have some actual downsides.
  4. Akeita

Have anyone mention The Poor Man Saw yet ?
  5. Peasnriz

As a TR player I am jealous of the SVA-88 and Orion's x0.75 movement speed when aiming down sights, particularly since the nerf to hipfire on all LMGs
  6. Winfield

I've been getting to know the SVA-88 on the test server while doing scrims with my outfit and the accuracy coupled with the rate of fire is just awesome for landing consecutive headshots.

The rate of fire(+The EM1 has the same accuracy stats as SVA-88) is alright on the EM1, only like ~50rpm slower than SVA-88 but the ironsights are HORRENDOUS. EM6 seems a bit too slow for my taste.
  7. KnightCole

There ya go, Commisioner and AV Mana turret....those are to good lol.
    • Up x 2
  8. KnightCole

The Flare, from my time in the VR is way more jittery then the Em6. Loaded up with all the gizmoes it seemed ok, but I still like the EM6 and its large range of attachments and the 600RpM, which seems to be a very nice balance between damage and RoF...167@600...yes please.

167@577 is ok, but it seems to be just a tiny bit to slow in most instances. Its amazing what 23Rpm can do.
  9. Peasnriz

Lancer and Pheonix, oh wait its just that the striker sucks. Enemy parked a sunday behind a building nose poking out in view of spawn room/tower around 80-100meters away, VS response to this blap it with Lancers till its dead, NC response shoot it with Pheonix, TR response.... have to run the 80-100meters fight the zerg pouring out of it just to lay c4 on it or do ridiculous banana shots using a dumbfire rocket launcher.
    • Up x 2
  10. Cinnamon

Lynx never had any really significant accuracy bonus over the Serpent. Very minor differences. Jaguar was supposed to be more equivalent to VX6-7.
  11. PastalavistaBB

That $hit is not "too good", it's downright broken. It's worse than the Pre-Nerf Striker. It's a Gamebreaking Abomination from hell for vehicles. The Commissioner is a carbon copy of the 44 Magnum from Battlefield 3 and the Underboss is a Carbon Copy of the MP412 REX.
    • Up x 1
  12. SnatchMaster

AV turret. Everything else has its goods and bads, but that stands out to me since I'm always hearing about it doing damage beyond ranges where people can even see them which is absolutely ridiculous.
  13. Epic High Five

So then wouldn't the Serpent and 7F not be OP because the TR have an 800/143 carbine? I'm not sure I follow your logic there.

I don't think there's any OP guns. Closest I can think would be the 2nd gen pump actions on an LA or the SABR.
  14. IPLAYTF2

every gun with .75 ads is op. most of the guns in this game though have such terrible dps they aren't even competitive vs the better ones
    • Up x 1
  15. Epic High Five

> equip double Pounder MAX with lockdown
    > press "F"
    > create a giant instant death zone in front of you

I don't feel like cutting together a proper killfeed so have a look at what is possible with my neglected TR alt while running solo with just rank 1 lockdown and rank 4 autorepair: https://players.planetside2.com/#!/5428029729499058385/killboard

Or you can just Fractures, which are functionally similar to the Lancer while having much, much better dps
  16. Undeadfred

What you ought to be jealous of is the Orion's Recoil, and CoF. The Orion is everything I wanted TR LMG's to be. It preforms better then the Carv at the cost of a mag that is half the size. IMO a good trade.
  17. Zorro

The Orion is better for running-and-gunning (which one should not be doing with a LMG anyway). The Carv is better for suppression.
  18. Codex561

jackhammer!
  19. VanuSovereignty

So basically you're suggesting that the factions should become more same-y, the weakest class should be nerfed, and the least useful class should be made less useful. All great ideas.
  20. EsDee

The Orion VS54 is in the same class as the MSW-R, despite being the VS default. The catch is, while the Orion has slightly better velocity and stock accuracy than the MSW-R, the MSW-R can equip the advanced laser sight, soft point ammo, has a faster reload time, and 50% ADS speed.