New Player - TR or VS

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LootGoblin, Jan 24, 2014.

1. LootGoblin

Hello,

I just picked up Planetside 2 the other day and was curious on opinions between TR or VS.

I primarily want to be infantry and ESF pilot and was curious on thoughts of which faction provides best in those regards out of the two. The NC doesn't interest me but can't decide between TR or VS.
  2. Hatesphere

if you want to be infantry go VS. they start with some pretty easy to use infantry weapons. if you want to be really good infantry, go NC, hard to master but freaken powerful infantry weapons.
  3. Demetrios

Create a character on both factions and try things out in VR Training, it's not exactly a combat simulator but you'll be able to draw your own subjective opinion on things rather than relying on Forumside's subjective opinions. PS, pick TR
    • Up x 1
  4. Nerovox

If the weapons don't help you decide I would screw around with the TR,VS EFS both Mosquito and Scythe both are really good.
  5. JudgeDeath

Choose the side you like more audiovisually ... too that much difference in infantryside, TR just has more ammo in clips.
    • Up x 2
  6. Gnomemercy

Scythe is more new player friendly of all the ESF
  7. Hatesphere

i found the mossie easier honestly.
  8. Armcross

If you want a true TR attitude that is highly strict, masterfuly coordinated, have no problem taking side objective with fewer opponent( only at first most of the time), marching towards the enemy fortification inspiring others to fallow behind(in the process stop the stall), defeating the opponent is more important than to fight them like a berserker and cert farming, and you find this fun. Go to the miller server, join TR, and find the outfit H2OO. Those long march on foot relly perge those the whiners. They also have outfit in Brigg but i don,t know who plays there.
  9. raw

if this isn't a trollbait i have never seen one but honestly, VS. TR smells and is also bad bad bad.
  10. Hatesphere

there is an outfit like this for every faction and every server, you just need to find it;.
  11. Pizzasaurus

pick VS. Orion ftw.

(Ceres) + VS is unlike TR very coordinated and usually use more than one tactic which is fun both for them and their enemies (I am NC). TR on my server is all about ZERG, no zerg no win.
  12. CrashB111

TR's faction specific trait is to have all our stuff released as NS versions so all the other factions can use them too.
  13. Hatesphere

not really. TR trait is having all your stuff with extra round per mag, good ROF and longer reload.
  14. Thardus

I play VS, but I took a Reaver for a spin and shot down more ESF's in a stock Reaver than I ever did in a tricked out Scythe.
  15. Armcross

Yup I found one with all this. Sad thing is I'm too invested in my caracter in connory.
  16. Selerox

When I joined PS2 I couldn't decide between TR and VS either. In the end, I spun a coin. It ended up tails and VS was it.

• If you want fast reloads, good accuracy and mobility and pew pew futuristic styling - go VS
    • If you want large magazine sizes, great rate of fire weapons and good top speed, with more classic styling - go TR
    Just whatever you do, check them all out in VR training first. Just create a character of each faction and check them all out.

Having given them a try, the Mossy was the easiest to get the hang of. I found the way the Scythe handles to be a little weird at times, it doesn't feel quite as natural as the Mossy or Reaver and took a bit more getting used to.
  17. Akeita

Because Reaver have more dps and stronger afterburner they said... Blue brick is still a brick, it's hurt when you throw it at someone
  18. entrailsgalore

When I first started, I created a TR character since I like the color red. Then I switched to Vanu, since I am one of those "There are Aliens everywhere, the government is lying to you, trust no one...oh and I watch Star Trek.." kind of people. Vanu weapons definitely seem easier to use when you first start over the other two factions. As for the ESF's, the Mossy reminded me of a cool new Cobra attack chopper, the scythe reminded me of the Goa'uld fighters from Stargate. They both perform similar to each other, with the mossy feeling like it moves more fluid, with better control, but the Scythe feeling like a flying pancake with wings ( UFO like I guess?). The NC Reaver feels like a big bulky Huey chopper with some guns Duct tapped to it.

What I found out after playing the game a lot. Vanu's weapons are a good balance of everything. TR's high rate of fire is always more forgiving to bad aim OR missed shots ( it happens right?). NC rewards players with good Aim, by letting you unleash fire and brimstone with the mortar like ammo they fire. Clearly each has advantages and disadvantages, but TR has a easy learning curve imo, Vanu is a bit more steep but still easy, while NC has the steepest I feel, but does reward you if you stick it out...plus NC armor makes you look like Cyborgs, which is cool IMO (lol). As far as ESF's go? All will fly MOSTLY the same when you start, with the Reaver coming behind the Scythe and Mossy. Fully Certed? The Mossy comes out on top just barely, then the Scythe, then the Reaver. That is strictly speaking on stats and how they actually pitch-yaw-roll, Acc-Dcc, and Thrust, with pilot skill left out of the equation. The Mossy seems to still keep the best control when it comes to maneuvers, and has the best hitbox/performance ratio ( if that is even a thing). The Sythe has the pancake hitbox, so from the front/back/sides it is harder to hit, but when the pancake rolls, it opens up and is almost like a flying bulls-eye. The Reaver still has a big Hitbox, but it is the fastest ESF imo, while the mossy is the best hybrid ESF, and the Scythe excels at A2G hover raves. In the end, you will be effective with any, once you put the hours into mastering flying. If you want to maximize your ESF though, pick a chassis that follows your play style.

Scythe = A2G hover LoL-podding.
    Mossy = Balanced between A2G/A2A but seems to have the control to excel at dogfights.
    Reaver = Remember in Top Gun when Tom Cruise is fighting a MiG-29 and he says " He Just Went Supersonic!" Yeah...that was a Reaver....When you fly one and Pop your AB, you can hear yourself go Super Sonic! They are great at Low Flying, A2G Strafe runs, basically Joint Strike Fighter type stuff. I found myself loving the Reaver as I flew it more and more. Those are just my thoughts and impressions so far, but as LeVar Burton says... You Don't Have to Take My Word For it....try them out in VR training.
  19. Pingonaut

This, choose what side looks good to you.
  20. Spartan101

Can anyone say Colossus? (the prowlers dual main cannons)