Can i run this game?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by FieryKnight, Jan 24, 2014.

1. FieryKnight

Ive planned to buy a new comp with the following specs:

Processor : Intel i5 ( 3rd Generation)
    Clock Speed : 2.6 GHz turbo boost up to 3.2 GHz
    RAM : 4gb
    GPU : NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 720M
    Dedicated graphics memory : 2gb

Can i play this game? Atleast in medium?? o_O

Thanks in Advance :)
  2. TheAppl3

Poorly. The 720m is pretty much worthless. It's weaker than many integrated graphics setups, especially the newer AMD ones.

I would never buy that laptop. Decent i5, not enough RAM for today's needs, and a terrible video card just so they can say ZOMG DEDICATED GRAPHICS.
  3. ohmikkie

Nope. GPU is lacking and recommend 8Gb
  4. Mastachief

It will run... but not very well. It's free to download so give it a whirl.

This is a mmofps where 100's of players can be on your screen all at the same time it requires some proper grunt to run and that graphics card is lacking. I would take a stab and say you will see maybe 30fps in medium fights, the ram could be an issue too.
  5. BlackDove

No, your GPU is 196 GFLOPS which was bad years ago, and is roughly 1/10 as powerful as a GTX 660, and is less powerful than Intel HD Graphics 4000.
  6. FieryKnight

Is the GeForce 740m any better?
  7. BlackDove

8. TheAppl3

740M is probably still underpowered. A 750M will cut it, though obviously there are better options.
  9. BlackDove

My friend was given a $2000 Alienware laptop with a 765M recently, and he was very disappointed that he can't run everything on ultra, like my two year old desktop can, or like the people who's computers I've designed recently for around $1500. It wasn't his choice, and he wanted a desktop, but a laptop, even a high end one, is 2x the cost for terrible performance usually.
  10. starlinvf

Its not a total loss though. He could resell it to fund a new build/system.
  11. BlackDove

Well, he was given it by his parent, who wasted their money, when he asked them for a decent desktop. In any case, it's a huge waste of money to buy something that's already inadequate for the task, then sell it at a loss to buy something less expensive.
  12. Mightyiscoming10

Actually, I think you can run the game with that spec.

For me, this is my system spec:

GPU: Geforce GT 520M
    CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU B950 @ 2.10GHz
    Memory: 4.00GB Ram (3.49GB usable)

Microsoft Windows 7 home premium K

Currently, right now I am playing in Briggs server with no really big problem.

I mean the fps is about 10- 40, but I was able to get few decent kills with little distracting by the lag:)

My basic in-game graphic settings are:

Graphic quality: Medium
    Texture quality: Medium
    Shadow: Off
    Flora: low
    Fog: off
    Effect: low
    Ambient occusion: off
    Light: low
    Model: low
    Particle: low
    Render distance: 500
    Verticle view: 55
    Render quality: 75%

Come on people, if I can roll the game with this spec, then why can't he? :)
    • Up x 1
  13. FieryKnight

you really think so??

well i just went to http://www.gamedebate.com and compared the graphics cards and if you go below, there is a "Can I Run It" section. It says that the GT 720m can run this game with a resolution of 1280 x 1080.

http://www.game-debate.com/gpu/inde...00&compare=geforce-gt-720m-vs-geforce-gt-520m

Well i just saw another laptop with the same specs but the gpu is AMD RADEON HD 7670M.

It seems its a bit better than the Geforce 720m and there i also a video on youtube of a guy playing with this gpu and he gets 20 - 40 fps i guess.

14. IamDH

I have a 710M and i can play on ultra with 25FPS

I play with like 56FPS on Low-Vlow
  15. FieryKnight

Which cpu do u have and whats its clock speed?
  16. Mightyiscoming10

Hey, I think there is some misunderstanding here.

In this forum, you asked the people that is the system spec able to handle the game smoothly, but people were giving negative comments like you need to have better GPU to run the game.

So in response to that, I just encouraged you and the people that if I can run the game with geforce 520m, then I believe that it will be fine for you to run the game smoothly.

Instead, you gave me the comparison of Geforce GT 520m and Geforce GT 720m and said that GT 720m can run the game with the resolution of 1280 x 1080.

What is the point of your response to my comment?

If you just found out that your GPU can handle the game,

then you don't need to come up to me and say that GT 720m is better than GT 520m.
  17. Gleerok

I have a GT 730 M, Intel core i5 3337-U, 6gb RAM (will upgrade to 8gb soon). And I run this averaging 35 FPS, with graphics on high (shadows off)

The game only lags in CPU intensive battles.
  18. IamDH

i5 3230M @ 2.60GHz

8GB ram
  19. TheAppl3

Because if his GPU is better than a 520M, he can expect proportionally better performance than the figures given for a 520M. Fail to see the misunderstanding.
  20. Mightyiscoming10

Look, I was not looking for the specific performance of 720m nor the comparison of 2 graphic card, but I was just telling that I can run the game with Geforce 520m about 10-40 fps, then he will run the game with Geforce 720m with no major problem (people should know that 720m should be better than 520m). As I said it before, it was unnecessary for him to come up to me and said that his graphic card is better than mine.

WHY? He asked us that will he be able to play the game with Geforce GT 720m.

AS a respond for him, I replied that I can run the game with 520m, which it shouldn't be a problem for him to run the game.

But instead, he gave a off-topic answer saying that 720m is better than 520m, showing the comparison of two graphic card.

I mean WHAT IS THE POINT OF SAYING THAT 720M IS BETTER THAN MINE IF HE ALREADY KNOW THAT HE CAN RUN PLANETSIDE 2 WITH DECENT FPS AND NO MAJOR PROBLEM, BY THE FACT THAT I CAN RUN THE GAME WITH 520M?

I have no absolute reason why I failed to see the misunderstanding sir.