Memory Leak? Out of Memory

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Lueyja2, Jul 27, 2013.

1. Lueyja2

Since GU13, after planetside has run for ~45 min I get a "Memory cannot be read" error. And when I look at the task manager performance tab I see that I'm using 99% of my 8 GB of RAM. No other programs are open so I'm pretty sure it's PS2. Any help would be appreciated.
    • Up x 1
  2. TSR-Jesse S Customer Service

It's entirely possible you're experiencing the result of one or more corrupt game files, run your Planetside 2 Launchpad and log in, but do not press play. Click on the Advanced Tools icon (looks like a hexagon surrounding a wrench) in the lower left and then choose the option to open game directory. In the window/folder that comes up, locate, make backups of, and delete the following files:

PlanetSide2.exe
    UserOptions.ini
    SoundSettings.xml
    LoadingScreen.xml
    InputProfiles.xml
    vivoxoal.dll
    vivoxsdk.dll

Once these files are deleted, close the Planetside 2 window/folder and go back to the Launchpad > Advanced Tools/Settings menu. Click on the Validate Game Assets menu option and then press the green Validate button to have the Launchpad check your game files, and download any missing or corrupt files.
  3. Lueyja2

Still having the same problem. :( I get a "low on memory" warning a little bit before crashing then I have to do a hard reboot to close PS2.
  4. TSR-Jesse S Customer Service

Regrettably this can be caused by a variety of different factors so it is hard to definitively say what could be triggering it. To provide you with a more concise answer my best suggestion would be to open a support ticket with us so we can check your system specs and provide you with some solid suggestions to get you back into the game. You can open a ticket with us at the following link:

http://help.station.sony.com/app/ask
  5. Gustavo M

6. Malkymder

I followed the steps in this post and so far no crashes ... did seem to be around sound issues to me and as said no crashes yet and memory leaks alot less FIX FOR CRASH
  7. -=0v3rkill=-

I am having the same problem. I've never had the game crash on me. But, I do have a Logitech keyboard G15 that tells me my cpu and ram usage all the time and I used to get only 40% ram usage or so. I have also 8GB and now it goes up slowly to the 80%. I don't know if I continue it will maybe reach 100% and crash eventually. But, before that happens the server empties up and I log out. So, I never get to find out. But definitely there is something wrong with the ram usage lately
  8. Rubius

I'm also have memory leak issues.

Never had memory issues until PU02. When that patch hit, PS2 was using WAY more RAM than it needed. Eventually using up all 8GBs of my RAM and forcing Windows to close it.

Specs are:
    8GB RAM @ 1866MHz
    Intel i7-3930k CPU
    GTX670 video card

Seems like the game runs fine for most people, so I have no clue why it started doing this for me, after PU02.
  9. volth

Same for me
    It starts at 73% and then rise to 93-98% and then crash. I didnt have this problem before the infiltrator patch.
    I have 6gb ram.
  10. Camycamera

this is why we need the 64 bit client....