Could we get an explanation as to why this game is lagging so badly?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Samblak, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Samblak

As paying customer's could we please get an explanation as to why this game keeps freezing up for 1-5 seconds , the problem is very consistent and has been going on for over a week with no explanation.

There is no excuse as to why a professional company such as SOE hasn't responded to the customer base with at least some sort of explanation.
  2. BlackDove

Check reddit. I hear they post on that a lot.
    • Up x 1
  3. kickasspipes

I was having a very similar issue since the ESF patch and this fixed it for me:

4. vulcan78

I tried this and it didn't help at all. Make sure you make copies of the original files or at least rename them to .bak. Some of the files that you delete in these instructions will annoy you, particularly InputProfiles.xml as you will lose all of your key bindings. I also don't see the purpose of deleting this particular file as it has zero relationship to the rendering of the game, it is just your personal key binding preferences.

To be honest I have actually grown extremely weary of this game, the poor optimization is what forced me to discontinue playing it but now just logging on to try things like this I notice that even my facial expression is a frown, I am not happy playing this game. Logged in to try this and the alert was "capture Amerish within the time-limit". Warped to Amerish, got in a Scythe and joined an open platoon and its the same old same old, "go here and ghost cap etc." Extremely poor performance, moderate to significant stutter yet GPU utilization only 48%? Graphics, particularly terrain that after playing Far Cry 3 maxed out looks like it could be rendered by a Playstation 2 by comparison. Where is the dense foliage? Why can't my computer run this when it looks only a small step above WoW? It seriously looks like a Playstation 2 game maxed out, SOE stating the PS4 will run the game with the "ultra" settings found on the PC is nothing to brag about.

Runs like garbage, looks like garbage, gross inter-faction weapon imbalance, no meta-game, hackers/aimbotters, wonky WASD flight controls, the worst continuous sprint toggle mechanic I have ever seen (as in every other game if you stop running you also stop sprinting, in PS2 you actually have to press the sprint button to stop sprinting no matter what, this is actually very annoying and impossible to remember) developer dishonesty driven by an overarching corporate ethical structure, i.e. SOE moderators deleting threads critical in any way of the state of the game, watch how quickly threads reporting prominent, flagrant examples of hackers/aimbotters are locked and or deleted yet there is very little to no actual oversight on the servers to combat hacking/aimbotting. Same goes for any kind of insult to the conservative ideology that goes in hand with corporate culture, expect to have your thread locked and or deleted. Orwell called this a Thought Crime and SOE has become the Orwellian Thought Police.

Your Corporate culture sucks.

Your game sucks.

I am pretty much done with it until you not only fix the glaring technical problems but also address the lack of any kind of meta-game, or purpose to fighting for territory that is perpetually lost and gained for no reason. What is the incentive? Because I am so over being farmed by your favored faction, the Terran Republicans, whose weapons are more effective at the distances the majority of engagements occur at.

Fix the game, implement meta-game, address gross inter-faction weapon imbalance and I might pick it up again.

Uninstalling until then, I need the hard-drive space.
    • Up x 3
  5. BlackDove

I agree. You shouldn't have to hack your own computer and delete stuff in the game directory for it to work. That's why I spent $400 on the Steam Christmas sale, and $0 on PS2 since last year, when the game was actually fun and I decided to spend $50 on it!
    • Up x 2
  6. VoidMagic

Issues seemed to clear up for me last night after the patch...
    So glad to be playing PS2 again, loving the new patch and esf changes...
    /shrug
  7. Samblak

The problem is PS2 is basically running on a skeleton crew but that shouldn't be the consumers problem . The problem is that SOE has to ditch a good percentage of its games. SOE keeps running games that are old and for the most part un-populated "Vanguard" for instance , nobody plays that game so ditch it and dedicate the techs and devs to lets say PS2.

I know EQ Next is eating most of your resources , but PS2 is a little over a year old and it's a mess as if SOE has tossed it to the side after making its profit. My honest opinion is were just beta testers for the PS4 version.

If i have a problem with my cable or internet service they get fixed because they don't want to lose customer's.
  8. FleurDisLee

soe never responds to the customers if you are lucky luperza might respond its seems she is only one doing stuff around here!
    • Up x 1
  9. NoctD

I hope Smed sees the light one day, and puts her in charge of PS2. Cause the man boy in charge just doesn't seem to get it.
  10. PastalavistaBB

I'm somehow approving most of the things you mentioned, but "Farmed by TR on Connery?". You must be trolling. If you want to know what "Underpowered" and "Underpopulated" is, try playing TR on Connery. TR is the Close Quarter spray and pray Faction btw. After PU2 TR weapons are terribad. ADS Fire is king, even in CQ. You won't hit anything with Hipfire in Full Auto even in CQ. All 4th Factioners have gone over to the NC, yet you are whining about the TR. What's your problem?
  11. Sghignifiss

It actually seems every patch they release makes things worse. On december I could play with absolutely no problem, now I suffer incredible lag, freeze and sometimes I even couldn't load the game. That's quite ridiculous, honestly... Just stop releasing weekly patches and restore the game to PU01!!

You are really making a big mess, here.
  12. OldMaster80

You see how this may vary from machine to machine: after today's patch the game has never run so well since beta.
  13. vulcan78

Yeah to be fair my view is mostly subjective, but I believe the preliminary stats still show the TR with the highest infantry small arms KDR overall. I find that I lose 2 out of 3 one-on-one fights with the TR. If I am not mistaken the TR still have the most damage per magazine with the lowest cone of fire and highest rate of fire. This would go some way in explaining why I lose nearly every fight, but I believe I am also suffering from an issue with "desyncing" common to Intel CPU's post PU01 or "OMFG".

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...n-please-finally-get-it-under-control.166430/

Why I don't believe my view of the balance is entirely subjective is due to the fact that if we are fighting the TR and the population is relatively equal, i.e 50/50 or say 53/47 the VS will typically lose nearly every time. It is only with the population balance is 60%+ in the VS' favor that we stand any chance of winning against the TR. Go ahead, next time you are fighting the VS, look at the population balance, and keep a mental note of that and the outcome.

I'm trying to find the preliminary stats post PU01 and am having no luck, but as of say 3 weeks ago when I viewed them the TR were still significantly ahead in terms of infantry based KDR.