Switched to VS, NC everything is a joke

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Poorform, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Stonewall_Jackson

2. Winfield

Oh. I actually didn't know that it was proven wrong by devs. Thanks for the correction.
    What about the additional reach, was that hoax aswell?

EDIT: My characters in Tera were Elin and Castanic female, deal with it.
    • Up x 2
  3. NC_agent00kevin

I recently re-rolled VS largely due to the NC overpopulation. Its starting to subside as players realize that all the rumors they heard about NC weapons being the best now were unfounded and flat out false.

However, Im still rolling VS. The Scythe is far easier to pilot effectively, the SVA-88 is ridiculous, and the VX6-7 is awesome. The VS Max is far superior to the NC max unless the enemy walks up to give you a hug. The Magrider is not as bad as many VS players would have you believe; in fact, I prefer it to the Vanguard because you can actually maneuver the damn thing. I still pop ESFs out of the sky regularly with the Magrider, so Im not sure where all those complaints are coming from either.

NC have a few good things, but not better than other factions' equivalents. The only guns I miss when playing VS are the Jackhammer and GD7F - and the VX6-7 makes a pretty darn good substitute.

Overall, I dont fare any better (except for last night a 39-1 KDR as Infantry thanks to a couple revives) as VS than NC. I play slightly differently, but not better. NC players generally kill me just as much as VS players did, perhaps slightly less so.
    • Up x 4
  4. Goretzu

Freedom!
  5. Negator

You have no idea how PS2s game mechanics work. No. Idea.

Things are fine, go do some research first
    • Up x 1
  6. Goretzu

PS2 currently is the closest it has ever been to being balanced.

Absolutely perfect balance probably isn't possible in an aysmetric game, but very close to perfect certainly is...... and we're much close to that now than we ever have been prior to this.

The idea that if you don't nerf anything somehow the game will be fine is plain disasterous, MMOs die because of bad imbalances, it's as simple as that.
    • Up x 1
  7. axiom537

Hard mode isn't for everyone...

That being said, NC has a lot of really nice weapons and since the balance patch, things feel a bit more balanced overall. Shield is nice on our MBT, Ravens on our max are great, Air Hammer on the reaver is awesome. EM6, GR-22, Carnage, GD-7F are all great weapons. There are still a few minor tweaks here and there, and some of our starter weapons, need to be a little more noob friendly, but over-all balance feels pretty good to me.
    • Up x 1
  8. Meliorist

This is no different from the current situation. In fact I think most serious NC max users already use slugs over pellets. Larger mag changes little in that decision.

As to why you'd want to use pellets over slugs? I can only speak from experience on the mattock (my fav). In my experience close range vs infantry is largely the same up until 40 meters where slugs will kill slightly faster. From 40 meters onwards pellets will hardly kill anything while slugs continue to be effective at 50 meters and to an extent I'd say 70 meters. However killing beyond 50 meters takes an unreasonable amount of time and ammo.
    So I'd say for that particular gun you're trading a little bit of cqc damage (I do think it still one shots at 10 meters) for an additional 10 meters of effective range. I usually run pellets for superior max killing potential.
  9. axiom537

10. ViXeN

I wouldn't say NC is balanced with the other two factions at all. Its not even close right now. And I'm not saying nothing should ever be nerfed. What I am saying is that most of the things people say should be nerfed should NOT actually be nerfed because they are most likely exaggerating the problem in the majority of cases. The only time things should be nerfed is when they are insanely over-powered and it is completely obvious. Like the aircraft back when PS2 was first released. Libs and ESFs dominated everything else in the game and there wasn't much that could be done because the AA was horrible. Most of the other things that have been nerfed didn't really deserve it. And another problem is that after you guys spend months exaggerating a problem, then the devs think the issue is so bad that they need to completely nerf the item into the ground until its basically useless. If we are going to nerf then it needs to be done only when absolutely necessary and they need to keep it SMALL. Meaning just enough to balance it, rather than completely ruin the item. That is my view on nerfing.
    • Up x 1
  11. sindz

Grass is always greener on the other side.

I went NC recently and got 200:1 KD ratio and their vanguard is IWIN button and SAW one shots all.

See? I can claim random **** aswell. Doesn't make it true or even remotely accurate.
  12. Goretzu

That's simply because you've become so used to playing against subpar/underpowered NC for over a year.

Bascially the NC didn't even get any real game changing buffs in the last patch, they just reigned in the overperforming weapons (with some pretty restrained nerfs) of the other factions.

Looking at the current stats they've done a reasonable job, although if anything the TR and VS are still outperforming the NC, just not by as much.
    • Up x 1
  13. NC_agent00kevin

Why so adversarial?

[IMG]

As stated at the end of my post, I can do the same thing as NC. So whats the problem? Why are you so mad? How is it a grass is always greener thing when I play both sides?
    • Up x 4
  14. axiom537

Very little has changed for the NC in the last few months. Exactly how do they now have most of the advantages now, when they have received next to no buffs or new super weapons? You will need to direct us to the statistics about weapons and vehicle performance that is showing that the NC weapons and vehicles are now outperforming their counterparts.
    ZOE was balanced because it was OP and had nothing to do with what the NC wanted.
    • Up x 3
  15. Adeon

No bullet drop is feature, but not advantage.

Scythe: Racer-3 with vertical thrust: 252, 352 with afterburner. If you lower Scythe nose down, it will start falling like stone.
    Reaver: Racer-3 with vertical thrust: 247, 369 with afterburner. Incredible vertical thrust allow you to perform amazing maneuvers. Easy to harass ground vehicles.

Mosquito have highest acceleration and top speed, Reaver have powerful vertical thrust, and Scythe have nothing. So, stop telling horrible lie.

Magrider have highest projectile drop and lowest projectile speed.
    Magrider have lowest dpm. So, magrider have worst main cannon.
    Magrider can strafe but also you need to turn all tank to aim.

Also magrider loses all 1vs1 fights. Deployed prowler deconstructs magrider in no time at any distance.
    Shielded Vanguard will blow you because of you can't damage it.
    Magrider can do nothing with deployed Prowler.
    You can try to escape from shielded Vanguard by using magburner (exposing your rear) and repair yourself (if there is a place to hide, of course).

Far superior max unit.

I see a Fry meme here.

Do not tell my slippers. Slugs for middle-long ranges, shiled for safe reload, devastating power at close range. NC MAX turnes other MAXes into a sieve on small distance. Did you know, all near point fights occurs on small distances?
  16. ThaTrip

Just read the red text, comment me back on that. ***** stereotyping guy that thinks he knows the world LOL.
    • Up x 1
  17. VoidMagic

meh...
    SVA-88 is a great weapon, (huggles 88)
  18. sindz

Because your reasoning for picking VS are not true, to put it short. Its all good you want to roll VS, but dont claim random stuff like:

All planes handle exactly the same, they have the same pitch, roll etc. Only places the vehicles differiante is that the mossy is the fast at crusing speeds, reaver has the best v-thrust and the scythe drops liek a sack of potatoes when you point it downwards and besides that its like the normal vs trait right smack in the middle of everything without doing anything good.

SVA.88 and VX6-7 are good vs guns yes, but just like every other faction have good guns, SAW, GD-22s, GD-7F etc.

MAX isnt superior, its 2 completely different roles they fill.

And magrider still cant pitch the barrel as much as vanguard or prowler, so its harder to pop ESF, ofc its still doable from time to time but you will have a harder time doing it in the magrider and you will lose every 1vs1 straight up tank battles.

Quote you: "NC have a few good things, but not better than other factions' equivalents. The only guns I miss when playing VS are the Jackhammer and GD7F - and the VX6-7 makes a pretty darn good substitute"

Fixed: VS have a good few things, but not better than the other factions equivalents aswell. So yes, you made it sound every much like the VS had it alot better and an easier time. Therefor my reply.

Edit:

Video showing all 3 ESF having the same pitch, roll and yaw speeds.
  19. Winfield

Well he was calling people virgins in another thread for playing certain races/females in video games...so bad day I guess? :D

He said nothing of the sort, if anything he said that everything was balanced. I think you interpreted him wrong instead :eek:
    • Up x 1
  20. Poorform

I'm sure that's why the scythe swept the air competition, and even dedicated mossie and reaver pilots choose to fly it instead. Also the mag is the best cqc tank as you can literally float over your enemy and pop their back.

You make it sounds like vs have it terribly when actually they have great positives.
    • Up x 1