Is it crazy for me to ditch my level 85?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ChairmanMao, Jan 19, 2014.

1. ChairmanMao

I play a NC 85 on Mattherson. I always thought something was off about the server.

I read something the other day on this forum that Ceres was better and seemed to have not many cheaters.

I rolled new NC and tried Ceres.

It seems the snipers missed and people missed. It was very different. People seemed nicer. Very weird. No funny stuff happening.

On Mattherson no one misses. Snipers kill me on first shot always, without question. HAs if they are over 50 kill me even if I unload a clip they turn around and 1 shot me. Then said HAs usually will proceed to teabag me and tell me I suck in PM and possibly to go die or he had sex with my mom last night.

This did not happen on Ceres.

I mean could it be Ceres has less cheaters than Mattherson? Or is that just crazy and delusional to ditch an 85 to go to Ceres? A level 85!! What do you think?
  2. Rean

well if its more fun to you, why struggle on old server? after all, the only thing you lose is unlocks, and those are worthless if you dont have fun playing the game
  3. Daeran

What stops you from playing on both servers ?
    • Up x 2
  4. Feench

If it makes you feel better BR 80 is halfway so it's not like were that close to 100 :)
  5. ChairmanMao

Typo I am 75.
  6. Crayv

Mattherson is the hard mode server. My certed out 80-ish TR does worse than my sub 40 VS and NC on Waterson and Connery.
  7. Pat22

Levels don't actually mean anything in this game so they're not that important. They're more of an indicator of how long you've played and how many boosts you paid for.
    If you start a new character, you'll probably have your regular equipment unlocked and certed out on your favorite class in a few days, so it's no sweat.
  8. NikkoJT

It sounds like you might have a better connection to Ceres. You'll probably find yourself having a lot more fun; I know I did when OMFG came out/I upgraded my graphics card - the "turn round and one-shot you" thing happened a lot less with less lag.
  9. Konstantinn

Has nothing to do with cheaters, I have been playing on mattherson since release, there are few but it's very rare. Just like Nikko said sounds like when you were picking servers you chose one with higher ping to you. Until faster than light communications are invented (might be a few hundred years, though probably longer) might want to stick to game servers closest to your location for the sake of response times.

Myself living on east coast USA I would never consider playing first person shooter with server located on another continent. Probably not even a PvP mmo. Even west coast servers might be a bit sketchy to play on. You automatically accept handicap due to longer response times, it's pretty significant.
  10. Dead soldier

Maybe u just known better on Matherson and switching they think your a noob so they don't target you?
  11. NC_agent00kevin

Think of it this way: its a fresh start. Now you know all the ins and outs of the game. You can start with a fresh toon and have stats that reflect your actual skill, not ones tainted by 40 levels of learning curve. If such things mean much to you, that is.
  12. Cinnamon

Soon Ceres is going to be a nightmare of 60% NC pop of which half have a large high ping advantage.
    • Up x 1
  13. Rean

also yeah, why ceres? if you want EU server, go to miller
  14. Babylon Rocker

yeah pls do, nothing personal but the last thing ceres needs right now is NC Players :D
  15. treeHamster

Latency is caused in great part due to network nodes and not the actual lines themselves. The speed of light inside glass is around 2/3 that of air.

So to get light from NYC to LA, in a fiber optic line, it takes 19.67ms. To get a data packet from NYC to LA, however, takes around 80ms because it's not a straight line as well as routing time.
  16. treeHamster

Mattherson is a harder server to play in the first place. Early on it was the biggest (or second biggest) TR servers. Then the server mergers occurred and Mattherson got the biggest VS outfits from (forgot the server name).

Now Mattherson is the home of the VS and has a lot of the early major TR players. Not sure about these days but up until the summer, Mattherson had the highest proportion of top players as well.
  17. ChairmanMao

What is odd is I live in the states. The midwest to be exact.

So maybe this ceres thing is just a lucky day or two and I should stay on Mattherson?

Hehe, so many decisions.
  18. Locke

See my signature. I dont regret rerolling.

The game is about enjoying yourself so find a place you can have fun. If you feel Ceres is the right place for you I say go for it.
  19. Axehilt

As long as you aren't thinking of deleting the old char, I don't see why not.

People who delete highly-progressed characters in games don't make any sense to me.