Is Commish really >Everything?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Gundem, Jan 18, 2014.

1. Gundem

So, I got the Heavy Assault Pro bundle for my VS. Gotta love them disco balls. But for your secondary, you get the Underboss. After trialing the Commish sometime before, and now using the Underboss, this is my first impression.

Underboss>Commish.

Yes, I said it.

But why!, forumside cries! Commish>Everything!

Yea yea yea, gotta have that 460 or whatever muzzle damage. And granted, it's ranged potential is better then the Underboss. But what do you sacrifice for the ability to one-shot infiltrators to the head?

Underboss has:
    Faster RoF
    Faster Reload
    Tighter CoF
    And might just be quieter then the Commish(?).

So, to forumside I ask, is Commish really >Everything?

For example, I trailed the Phobos once. Loved it, loved it, loved it(Inb4 shotgunscrub rage).

Then, I bought the Deimos. Big mistake.

The lower accuracy, refire time and reload speed are definitely not worth a single extra pellet per shell. Countless times I loose a firefight, examine the situation in hindsight and think to myself, "If I had a tighter CoF here, I would have won".
    The same goes for the Commish. Many times when using the Underboss, I can see how the faster RoF and higher accuracy saved my sorry behind in a firefight. But almost never do I see a time where I would have needed the higher damage of the Commish. At optimal range(Around 10 meters, because the Revolver's Iron Sights suck, I would rather use the Manticore at range), both the Commish and Underboss are a 3-shot kill. Underboss is much better at getting those three shots out, and on target, then the Commish.

Does Forumside agree? Or is Commish>Everything still?
  2. Paperlamp

Uh, don't think underboss has a tighter CoF. It just has better recoil.

Anyway, commissioner has the one shot + one knife combo which is a basically instant kill in CQC, and I believe underboss can't do against nano-targets so it's less reliable.

Commissioner also kills infils in one headshot. Which has saved me a surprising number of times against SMG infils where I'm just on my game(okay probably just lucky) and ping them in the face.

They're pretty neck and neck really.
  3. IamDH

I think its more of a personal preference thing. I imagine the commissioner relies on lining up the shot and taking it or the knife combo

The underboss is probably a spam-type weapon for finishing off someone after shooting with a sniper or something.

That being said, i have very limited experience with these pistols and could be wrong
  4. Admiralty

The Commish+Knife combo is pretty much a shotgun when you go around corners. This was the main reason why I chose the C > U.

Its also sorta useful when you use a BA sniper rifle and just do one body shot + one C shot.
  5. Marked4Death

I'd agree that Underboss & Commish are pretty close but the desperado is currently > everything.