Field of view changed on weapons ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CHDT65, Dec 17, 2013.

1. ImagoQuem Developer

They may have been broken as well. I can look into that with our animation team.
    • Up x 2
  2. AdmiralArcher

i personally wish the point of view of the soldier was in the right place, currently the camera is somewhere in your sternum or throat, if it could be moved up more that would be awesome, and as a side note

make buttstocks the proper size, the carv is massive but has a microscopic butstock, while the PDW is tiny and is basically one big buttstock
  3. RHINO_Mk.II

BTW, your responsiveness here is amazing. Keep up the good work!
    • Up x 3
  4. ImagoQuem Developer

• Up x 3
  5. Blarg20011

6. sauna

FOV 110 for wins.
  7. Airmanator

ImagoQuem, thank you for your astute and timely responses, but I'd like to voice my concern for your changes to the FOV of weapon models. I understand you're hard at work looking into this, but there has been a definite change to the FOV that's still completely different, with your reworks in mind, than what it used to be pre-PU2/whatever large patch was the newest.

Hopefully it can be reverted, I can't stand to play the PDW anymore because of its obnoxious size and changed reloading animation.
    • Up x 1
  8. CHDT65

Simple, the view has to get back to this:

[IMG]

For all weapons and tools, not only the NS-7 and the medic and engineer tools.
  9. ImagoQuem Developer

The weapon issues are animation issues. Not FOV.
    And our animation team is currently at work on updating these animations.
  10. Jeslis

When you post, it doesn't show up in the SOE Post tracker btw. Fix plz.
  11. CHDT65

With the latest patch, still no changes on the FOV on the weapons, reload animation of the NS-7 is also still wrong.
  12. CHDT65

Another 40 megas fix, no changes on the weapons butts which are still too large.
  13. CHDT65

And another 40 megas fix, no changes on the weapons butts which are still too large.
  14. ImagoQuem Developer

The FOV fix is running through Quality Assurance.
    I'm checking on the animations status as well.
    BTW, I "am" checking on this forum thread and seeing your posts, just so you know. :)
    • Up x 3
  15. ImagoQuem Developer

If all things go smoothly we're expecting these fixes to release sometime this week.

Keep in mind fixes like this get wrapped up with all the others, so if there are any hang-ups with other fixes it can delay seemingly unrelated fixes like this one. It's sort of like baking or preparing food. If the end result is bad, you gotta start all over since you don't know which part interacted badly. Good thing we bake most things in separate batch groups so "some" updates always make it out. :)
    • Up x 4
  16. CHDT65

Thank you :)
    • Up x 1
  17. CHDT65

THANKS A LOT for your work and your help, ImagoQuem, the view on the NS-7 is now perfect !!!!! :D
    • Up x 2
  18. Airmanator

So far, so good. Thank you ImagoQuem for helping you help us help you. :]
    • Up x 3
  19. ImagoQuem Developer

Sweet. Sounds good. :)
    Enjoy!