new ESF wing mounts should be COMMON POOL!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by flapgrabbin, Jan 16, 2014.

1. flapgrabbin

Hello everybody.

I just wanted to know what everybody's thoughts are on the new wing mounts not being common pool, they are faction wide weapons and are available for all faction esf fighters (not the nose guns of course they are empire specific).
    i bought the new wing mounts expecting them to be common pool and to my surprise they are not, i don't understand why when they are available to each faction. for example we have several weapons that are common pool because they are available for each faction such as the ns-11 and other ns weapons, the skygaurd and other lightning tank attachments, sunderer weapons, galaxy weapons rocket launchers like the annihilator, the list goes on.
    but why are these faction wide wing mounts not common pool when each faction can use them?

i just wanted everybody's feedback and thoughts.

i know i wont be buying these new wing mount weapons for all my toons when they should be common pool weapons, ill be refunding my purchase if thats the case.

cheers Flap
    • Up x 2
  2. WyrdHarper

I believe someone said it's because the wing mounts (and thus the models) are different for each ESF, so they have to be tabulated separately.
  3. mooman1080

Is that really an excuse to sell them to players 3 times though?

I mean back when they did the whole shared pool of bought weapons and explained they couldn't do it for things like factional equivalent weapons it sorta made sense, but for things like ESF weapons, not so much.
    • Up x 2
  4. M2_Bradley

Remember,they're here to make money.
    • Up x 3
  5. NeverWas

It's actually the coding that's at fault really, i remember SOE mentioned it somewhere in the past. It's a game engine thing, you'll just have to live with it.
  6. mooman1080

That's no excuse to screw players. You can provide things like shared vehicle weapons and still make profit.

Well that's unfortunate. Hopefully they at least look into it.
  7. flapgrabbin

I'm still upset about my purchase of these weapons with station cash, i was hoping/expecting to get these weapons for all my toons. NOT JUST ONE. i think its silly they are not considered common pool weapons.
  8. DeadlyShoe

They are different vehicles, not the same vehicles. The weapons are also different weapons, not the same weapons. And if you already were flying fighters on all three factions you had to know rockets wern't common pool....

i mean it sucks that you didn't get what you expected, but it was not too hard to figure out and is consistent with the rest of the game.
  9. PanzerShrimp

I'm glad there not common pool because:

More money for SOE and
    Screw the 4th faction, why make it even easier.
    • Up x 3
  10. CrashB111

Well things like the Kobalt and Halberd aren't Empire Specific, but if you get a Halberd on a Prowler you do NOT get a Halberd on the Vanguard.
    • Up x 1
  11. flapgrabbin

but the new weapons released for wing mounts of all faction esf are identical in every aspect, the rocket pods are different from each other to suit the empire they belong to.
    I also think its silly if you buy a halberd for one mbt you dont get it for another mbt toon you might have on the same account. THERE IDENTICAL and your paying 7 dollars for it!! is that not enough money already for one weapon?
    • Up x 1
  12. BEAT

First of all, it says clearly in the weapon description that they are VS, NC or TR only. Secondly: They explained this before when they made account wide unlocks. Each of the ESFs and MBTs are unique models and therefore have the weapons mounted in different locations. QA won't them have weapons floating out to the side or half attached to your vehicle, so without a substantial amount of work recoding all those weapons and vehicles, it will be this way for the foreseeable future.
  13. DeadlyShoe

:oops: somehow i confused this thread with the nosegun thread.

i take back half of what i said.
  14. Demetrios

Customer service will tell you that its your fault for not reading the description (it does actually say in each "TR use only", "VS use only", etc), if you haven't used your one time refund (I was told that each account gets one of these) then you can do that I suppose. I just don't recommend trying an end run around SOE by charging it back on your credit card, that gets you a permanent ban that can't/won't be rescinded.
  15. M2_Bradley

SOE has one of the better devs out there.There are companies like WG that just ***** slap their players every day.
  16. Elrobochanco

It's the same as always, NS weapons are only common pool when on NS vehicles, otherwise I assume the have some kind of unique ID in the game. That doesn't make it less bs that coyotes or halberds are the same everywhere but aren't common pool when on ESF/MBT. Just that there is precedence.
  17. flapgrabbin

thanks for all the feedback and support, i hope to refund my purchases. i suggest everyone (and myself) to be more careful with your money and how you spend it. i thought i was getting so much but ended up with so little :/.
  18. Diodeone

Yay to wing mounting?
    • Up x 1
  19. Sen7rygun

That's awesome haha! Ten thumbs up! What happens when some family with young kids buys that thing lol?
  20. lilleAllan

YES

bolt action rifles and shotguns should be common pool too since they have identical stats.

'bu-but different weapon models'

yeah, don't even get me started on the insanely lazy models
    • Up x 1