Server Downtime for ESF Update January 16, 2014 6 AM PT (3 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Jan 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NCwolf84

The Vanu are going as fast as their spandex lets them move.
    • Up x 3
  2. MarkMaximus

I just want to know when the servers come back up.
  3. jeanki

before ******** on SOE, do a little research about why the servers are down. They are not down because they are testing the patch, they are down because of a gateway server problem. There's no way to know something like that will happen before applying the patch
  4. CrimsonEpsilon

The spandex is strong with this one.
    • Up x 1
  5. TheBetelman

Yeah. He said 2 hours 5 hours ago.
    • Up x 1
  6. cruczi

Since SOE's estimates are always too optimistic, why haven't they already learned to just overestimate a bit? They could've said 4-5h for the update, and if they had managed to do it in 3h everyone would've been super happy, and if it took them more than 4-5h then it wouldn't be as bad as if they had said 3h
    • Up x 2
  7. cruczi

And he said "no ETA" an hour ago
  8. CrimsonEpsilon

Gotta say its like the Mass DMV they give you a 30 minute wait time and 3 hours later you finally get to the counter just to be sent to the back of the line.
    • Up x 1
  9. MarkMaximus

On a positive note, look at how many people are hanging around the forum waiting for the servers to come back up :D
  10. Neuromancer

Agreed.

If I could go back, I probably would have gone for a 2 year associates in Civil Engineering Tech, Electrical Engineering Tech, or Nursing. They pay better than most BA's and BS's, and unless you go for a full 4 year Engineering degree they cost much less, and are equally in demand. We always need roads, sewers, power-grids, health care, and plumbing.

I more than welcome people to study what they enjoy, but that's what books are for. Taking care of your family is more important, and much more accessible. Considering a decent laborer can make twice what most college grads make, it makes me feel stupid for going to school. Regardless of the fact that I'm in a decent paying field, I still could have made just as much, been more hands on, and not stare at a Lenovo all day. $100k is very possible for a skilled laborer, and you don't get stuck in front of a computer all day (unless it's for enjoyment).
    • Up x 1
  11. cruczi

What's the Mass DMV?
  12. CrimsonEpsilon

Massachusetts Department of Motor Vehicle.
    • Up x 1
  13. TheBetelman

Psychology never works. Right?
    No, but seriously, I agree. Make the estimated times realistic.
    inb4 It's a free game...wow was worse....go outside and play....
  14. Underrun

Have they tried turning it off and then on again?

• Up x 4
  15. MarkMaximus

The worst I ever waited at the ND DOT was for 5 minutes...low pop in ND FTW!
    • Up x 1
  16. Amarsir

Welcome. Let me sum it up for you:

• The community is good, but a little over-passionate especially when something is wrong.
    • The Planetside devs do a great job for as few as they are and as much work as they have to do.
    • Sony Online Entertainment has horrible customer service and although the quality devs will make you want to give the company money, CS reps will do their absolute best to make you regret it.
    Accept those things as a given and then welcome aboard.
    • Up x 4
  17. chriss2534

• Up x 2
  18. ParaParaPara

All the crazy ones complaining here all the time cause they cant play a day ps2 is actually the best compliment a developer can have. It just shows how great the game turnen out at the end.
    • Up x 1
  19. KW Driver

Division of Motor Vehicles...... anymore they do a single office in a large metro area rather than a lot of small offices, and what ought to take 10 minutes ends up being an all day affair
  20. CrimsonEpsilon

Lucky Bastard :mad:
    • Up x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.