Do you think cheating is less than 1%? I hear that a lot around here.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by OldBess, Jan 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldBess

Do you think cheating is less that 1%?

When someone complains on these boards forum warriors come out and say L2P, your bad, you suck, it's under 1%.

I am just wondering how they come to that conclusion?

I see a lot of players who are unkillable gods with perfect aim in this game and maybe all the best players in the world play PS2? I have no idea. I just wonder about that 1% number being banded about all the time.

I hear that when new hacks are released SOE tries to break them with stealth updates but I am not sure how often that is, how you can tell, or if you ever know.
  2. huller

the vast majority of hackusations are just bruised egos but hacks do exist, tough rarely ballant
    • Up x 2
  3. Mastachief

While there are undoubtedly people running subtle hacks and quite a few lag switching scrubs about it is a very very small percentage <1%. The outright obvious have been up until late banned pretty quickly.

Personally I have not yet encountered a single player in infantry vs infantry that I couldn't take down and when i lose i can usually explain it shoddy aim/the opposing player got the upper hand/got jumped/outnumbered. There have been some (maybe 5 that I've encountered) that have a suspiciously capable headshot ability. Thank fully this game has so much to it that the subtle hacks are not going to make you god.
  4. BloodyG

I think the number is much higher, SOE dosn't really care about anticheat software, so anybody who isn't a total idiot can get them to run, if they wish and there are alot of hacks for PS2.

Often when i get my crosshair on people they just disappear or when im close they 180 and get me befor i can get their shilds down and so on...
    • Up x 1
  5. Shanther

Hacks and hackers exist no question about it. That being said the number of hackers is way lower then people try to make it out to be.
    • Up x 4
  6. Shatara

Everyone's an unkillable god when you can't aim.

While I've seen more hackers in PS2 than any comparable game I've played, I can still count them all on one hand.
  7. phreec

Lag, packet loss and many other connection anomalies are far too often mistaken for hacks but yes, cheaters do exist without a doubt.
    • Up x 5
  8. Dis

Just look at the player in questions killboard. Most of the wtfhaxxzorz moments can be attributed to luck or bad client side, although every now and then you'll find something pretty, shall we say unique. For example, a killboard conducive to a player with a 1.2 kdr with a streak of 25 straight kills in 3 minutes, all headshots at the top. Somebody got mad.
  9. Cloaking

When you think about the usual size of the larger fights in PS2, I doubt it's 1/100 players that hack. Most of the fights I fight seem fairly balanced, a hacker is often easy to spot. For the amount of 1v1's or general people I fight in larger fights, I'd say I notice it far less than 1/100, and I fight a lot of people, as do most :) Either that or the hacks just don't give them that much of an advantage against non-hackers?
  10. CaptHaddock

I very strongly agree with the second paragraph. Over extended periods you start notice when unusual things happen, and when it's always happening from the same people. Most times it's a case of good work from them, or poor play from you. For a lot of the difference, I'll peek at their killboard and notice solid stats but a good run. Then there are those players, less than 5 in my count, that I call BS on - I think they are very good players that have something a little extra.

So either it's less than 1%, or a lot of hackers still suck.
  11. Calisai

There are a hell of a lot of people with really bad pings, latency, fps issues that cause weird issues. There are probably 100x more people like that than actual hackers. I've run across 5-6 hackers since release... those that are blatant cheaters.

It can be extremely hard to tell the difference between bad networking and hacking. I've seen guys freeze in place right in front of me, out in the open for 3-4 seconds.... they are lagging to the server... I kill them and on their screen I made this impossible shot. I've seen everyone on my screen zip around at 2x speed (my ISP was having issues), i've seen and made some lucky ***** shots in my 11+ yrs playing both PS1 and PS2. Client-side hit detection can contribute to a whole mess of weird *** things.

I'm sure there are those that use aim-assist and are really hard to detect... however... if they are that hard to detect... then I really don't feel the difference between someone with subtle hacks and those with really good aim and abilities. My ego isn't fragile to the point where if someone beats me, that I have to say to myself... well if he wasn't hacking I would have beaten him.
    • Up x 2
  12. Goretzu

Blatent hackers are less than 1% (way less).

Subtle hackers? It's impossible to even guess, never mind know.
    • Up x 1
  13. hawken is better

I agree with you on this. There are plenty of times where I'll lose a 1v1 and wonder just how on earth it happened (I'll realize after the fact that it was just poor aim/got surprised/usual crappy netcode and tick rate), then I'll go check the guy's stats and realize that it was just a lucky kill amongst a ton of deaths.

Then there are those players that you start to notice after a while that consistently pull some very shady things, even if their stats aren't all that good. It's pretty strange, in my opinion.
  14. MatjesKatjes

Depends on what you define as hacking or cheating. Imho there are a lot of players using stuff like enemy radar overlay. Like this software you get delivered for free when buying a ROG Mainboard from Asus: http://rog.asus.com/technology/rog-sound-innovations/sonic-radar/

Some other guys using makros to counter weapon offset when firing i am pretty sure of.

"Real" hackers, e.g. aimbot users are met now and then. But those are getting noticed and reported very fast by the community.
  15. Blarg20011

Probably, I've only seen one truly blatant hacker, and I know at least three more have been on from outfit chatter, but other than that I haven't had any real problems.
  16. Goretzu

That's basically ASUS cashing in on (bad) ESP. :eek:
  17. Robes

Lower end players always consider the higher end ones to be cheating because they've never been able to do what they do.
    • Up x 1
  18. Yuukikun

What about the people who use hacks to lower their performance because they're just that good?
  19. MajiinBuu

The most noticeable hack I've seen, an enemy galaxy came out of hyperspace and obliterates my parked sunderer, then warped away.
  20. DeadlyShoe

There were lots of blatant hackers after release, most of those have been squashed.

It's clear that aimbots and such still exist but I would definitely rate the # of cheaters as <1% for sure.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.