Magriders inside bases on Esamir

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kufwit, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Kufwit

I have encountered more and more occasions of Magriders being able to boost over the walls in certain bases on Esamir.

Couple of examples, one of which you can see the Mag camping the spawn

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3765/11978825355_1be80bcb10_h.jpg
    http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7309/11979661026_e8db718f51_h.jpg

These are not map bugs, I tried to get a screeny in game but kept dying :(

I despise the walls, they have made the map so bad to play it is verging on claustraphobia. But now that they are not even doing their intended job, especially to only one factions heavy tank really puts me off taking my outfit to Esamir. This was our favourite continent before the change and now we only play there now as part of an alert or on ops. Maybe think of adding a few extra small crouch through entrances around each base to open it up again ?
  2. Prudentia

Every vehicle (well vanguard might have problems) can get over the walls.
    Only the Prowler, Lightning and Harrasser have a good chance of getting out again.
    Also: just shot a single rocket at the Magrider, he will most likely move abit so that area is now completly void of Vanu Infantry and you can push out.
  3. FateJH

Except for the silliest of Harrassers, I've only ever seen Magriders capable of this. Moreover, I've never seen anything get back out once they've gotten in. It's probably rather specific to the base layout.
  4. Prudentia

outside of bases there is often a hill where you can squeeze your vehicle trough a gap in the wall. but inside the paths are often narrow because they are only designed for Infantry, so ways to jump over the walls are not accessable to a vehicle that is as big as a Magrider, while Lightning and Harrasser have an easier time.
  5. Xasapis

Only people who don't mind losing their vehicles do that. The tanks are not particularly useful in there either.
  6. Santondouah

Magrider have serious advantages thanks to this magburner. Just see howling pass : they can very easily get on the recently added rock above the spawn and, when VS has the northern WG, they can pass north from the base and get back on the road East from the base, which others MBTs cannot and is a bit of a strategic advantage.

But I'm fine with this, every MBT has its advantage (yes every one).
    • Up x 1
  7. blampoet

welcome to asymmetrical faction advantages.

This is why the maggie has the least armor, is the slowest (yes, manguard is faster) and cannot swivel its main gun.
    all a downside to having the BEST MOBILITY (and when used creatively- this is what comes out)

KUDOS for the effort and out of the box thinking of those drivers who managed to slither a MBT inside the walls...I bet the TR got the scare of their lives before pulling pounder maxes and turning that swagrider (who will have a tough time retreating) into purple mush.

p.s- I'm TR through and through, the only faction i do not play is Vanu... I've had it up to **** with the whiny nerfing of anything and everything.
    • Up x 1
  8. Santondouah

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  9. blampoet

this is going into my "watched thread" list... every time a spandex whines about the TR double barrels or the NC iWINshields, he's getting slapped with this thread.
    • Up x 2
  10. maxkeiser

Nothing wrong with Magriders doing this.

This is a sandbox game. Ony of the best things about the magrider is being able to get it into places other tanks can't go. Even if there was no ledge to jump from, a magrider can use sunderers as a platform for a jump.

Just destroy them you see them. There are so many Anti-tank weapons that shouldn't be a problem.
  11. maxkeiser

You can get out of most of the bases in magriders. I've done it on Esamir many times.
  12. Xasapis

One does not invalidate the other. When you man the weakest tank, you need to think more creatively if you want to compete.
    • Up x 1
  13. Thpthpthp

Now the real trick is getting back outside the walled bases, I can barely manage that as an infantry.
  14. hostilechild

More annoying is the fact that they put the bases on LOW GROUND and every faction not just magriders (maybe easier) can get to high ground and shell over the Base walls (so much for stopping vehicles in the base). Yes magriders can jump the walls so can harassers.

Simply putting bases on High ground, like any smart person would do would fix the issue for the most part. (But smart and soe base design devs don't exactly go hand in hand).

*Some might say well they are working/mining ore on the low ground. Well have the base on high ground protecting a smaller point where the "workers" would be.
  15. Calisai

Yea, pretty much every Esamir base has a way to get a Magrider inside if the driver has good driving skills and imagination. Most of the time, it can get you a kill or two before the AV rockets come out. Either you get blown up because you can't leave fast enough, or you can farm really bad players for awhile until they figure out how to flank and use cover to surround you.

Personally, I don't think its as much of a problem as having higher ground and the ability to shell HE inside the base. Using a Mag to bypass the walls is usually a risky move (to get in) and even riskier to try and get out (normally under fire while trying). Looks great on youtube when it works though. ;)
    • Up x 1