surround sound? do you use it? how?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by blampoet, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Padapong

@ blampoet

Youtube only supports stereo:
    Code:
    The default video stream is encoded in H.264/MPEG-4 AVC format, with stereo AAC audio
    source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/YouTube#Quality_and_codecs

Use this instead ( Channel Check ):
    http://www.dolby.com/us/en/consumer/technology/home-theater/dolby-digital-plus-download.html

Open your onboard sound software to test your channels and turn off sound effects.
    [IMG]

or open your control panel > hardware and sound > sound > right click on your headset and left click test.
  2. ManyHats

I own some Kave's. hate the sound quality, but directional audio on them is very good. Make sure your sound mode is set to GAME, not MOVIE, and flatten the equalisers. You might find it easier to turn the rear channels up a little over the front channel, that can help you pick sounds out. Big rumbly bass is 'fun' but not MLG for picking out footsteps. Also, if your pc can handle it, max out the "voices" in audio settings in Planetside.... amazing how many channels the game drops if you let it.

anyone who's really interested in the surround-sound topic needs to read madlust envy's dolby headphone guide (google it).

The more I play PC games through headphones, the more I realise the right way to play games is through headphones, and I've not regretted throwing a lot of money at my soundcard, amp, and headphones. If I had to choose between a good gfx card and a good headphones setup, I'd choose the headphones. Seriously.
  3. P3STILENCE1973

"143.1" ......made me chuckle!
    • Up x 1
  4. NC_agent00kevin

I have 5.1 surround from the mobo and also goes through a home theater system...so yeah if I want it to shake the house it will.

However, I also have a Corsair Vengeance 1500 that has 7.1 (though simulated) and I prefer that. I can tell where things are coming from, and not only that but hear things I cant with the speakers. That and I can play while the rest of the household is asleep and not bother the wife or keep the kids up ;)
  5. Erendil

QFT
  6. NoInstructions

There are stereo headphones that excel in having a good soundstage. I have been using the same Audio Technica ATH-A700 for about 4 years.