So....when is the AV turrets range getting nerfed?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LegioX, Jan 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LegioX

I don't care about anything else regarding this thing. I'm just tired of getting hit by AV turret rockets I cannot see on my screen, or the AV turret itself. You know where its coming from, but you see nothing. This crap needs to change.
    • Up x 22
  2. Alarox

Agreed. 100%. There's no justification for this issue to remain in the game.
    • Up x 10
  3. AccelPrime

+1. It's rather odd how it hasn't been adressed yet... o_O
    • Up x 2
  4. Acceleratio

It was adressed in one of the last patches but nothing really changed
    • Up x 3
  5. Oraculum

I love fighting AV turrets. Especially when 2-4 engineers sit themselves on the hills behind Quartz Ridge Camp, remaining completely invisible and shelling every peasant from Indar Excavation who dares get anywhere near Quartz Ridge with a vehicle.

Completely balanced and fair gameplay for all.
    • Up x 4
  6. Nintyuk

Mana Anti-Vehicle Turret Changes
    • Projectile lifespan was reduced from 15 to 10 seconds. This drops its max range to match the AV turret’s render distance.
    • Blast damage reduced against infantry to match its intended role as an anti-vehicle weapon
      • Max damage reduced from 1000 at 0.5 meters to 500 at 0.35 meters.
    • Gravity value of 2 added. This only applies if the rocket is no longer controlled.
    From PUO2, The rocket disappears at the AV turret's render range. So The turret HAS to be visible for you to take any damage. Plus The engineer HAS to be manning the turret until it hits now because of the huge gravity put on the thing soon as you stop guiding it.
    • Up x 4
  7. Alarox

• Up x 4
  8. Flapatax

Get some ESFs to take them out. I mean, that's the correct "combined arms" response to bad gameplay, right?
    • Up x 2
  9. CommodoreFrank

I wish they'd just redesign the turret to be something faster firing, dumbfire, and less damaging per hit, like a Basilisk or Enforcer, so they're easier to see and react to. Also, the turret should give much less protection to the user, so it wouldn't be easily abused for AI work. The current fat turret profile covers way too much of the user.
    • Up x 1
  10. BraSS

It should just be a mini anti vehicle phalanx turrent that does maybe 60% of the damage.
  11. LegioX

You call not being able to see something that is hitting you "bad gameplay?" SMH........
  12. Lamat

I agree, please reduce the controllable range to 300 and projectile begins to drop after that.
  13. pulse

Does anyone else have serious trouble hitting those turrets at range when they're placed in uneven terrain because the new icon that appears above the unit when spotted is completely misleading and makes it hard to figure out where the turret actually is?
    While dmg/hit and range are debatable, this is the worst thing for me because i feel like its even harder to kill them now, despite the higher rendering distance.

<3 pulse
  14. ronjahn

I 100% agree with this assessment. Prior to the icon change, I used to very accurately and efficiently take these turrets out. Now that it has a new icon that covers the entire turret and is usually twice the size of the actual turret and user at range, I am lucky to ever be able to locate the turret through the icon and land a shot. That icon has been an unexpected buff to the survivability of the turret as silly as that sounds. It's frustrating as hell to see my skill reduced due to a silly icon.
  15. PLooschacK

Hell yeah. Range of that tool is ridiculous, and I'm saying this as someone who has one ;) Turret becomes spottable after it hits your vehicle. Spottable, not hittable as the tergat is so small you can't even see it...
  16. Halcyon

Have to agree with this.
    Two of these turrets were hitting an armor push from mountains way outside of render range.

What's funny is that vehicles render further then infantry, and the turret is part of the player so tanks can't see them but they can see every vehicle.

Everything needs to render at the same range. This multiple render range crap needs to go.
  17. EliteEskimo

I believe it was "addressed" multiple times over the duration of over 8 months and nothing really changed.

8 months of fail, I even addressed the AV turret being OP in the very first Ultimate Thread I made in my signature.:eek:

Mmm Quartz Ridge, to this day Lancer's and AV turrets make this base unapproachable in a MBT when having to take it from Indar Excavation.

Hey look at those MBT's coming towards us, infantry brethren should we pull AP MBT's/Lightnings/Liberators/ESF's? (All the infantry) Screw that we can can hit them while being completely invisible and don't have to spend a single resource with our Lancers or AV turrets. YAAAA!. (Combined arms not needed )

You shouldn't need combined arms just because the weapon you're fighting against is broken and OP. At the end of day the following scenarios should not be occuring.

• Up x 1
  18. drNovikov

They should get a buff. The first rocket should make a mobility kill.
  19. Akeita

WE NEED YOU FOR ONCE INFILTRATOR !!!
  20. Kalen Vox

At first I hated it because it's so obviously OP.

But now I kind of like it because it makes it so much sweeter when you manage to kill someone in one of them. I started getting hate tells from people whose turrets I've sniped using the AP cannon.

Main downside I see is that, compared to the AV turret, handheld rocket launchers are almost completely obsolete. Their one niche where they outperform the MANA is at extreme close range where the advantage of taking a quick shot at a passing vehicle and then ducking to cover outweighs the MANA's unlimited ammo, range and accuracy.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.