Enforcer ML85 higher DPS than the Saron HRB at range?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Chipay, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Phos!

Great, I have more rounds to miss with.
  2. Mhak

No tank is a short range tank. The fact that all tanks have weapons that either excel or are only usable at close range is a problem across all factions. TR is arguably the tank made to perform at the longest range due to their ability, VS is a close second with their hovering and turret stabilization allowing them to accurately hit while moving at great distance, NC is in last place and arguably the shortest range tank what with the Canister, although you never see any tank in close ranges for very long without getting wrecked.

Your argument would have been a good one if *any* tank were a close range tank, or at least if the Magrider was alone in having weapons that are better at close range.
  3. EliteEskimo

The biggest difference in ES AV weapons is which ones actually function with the tank. The best example is the Vanguard, it isn't a short range tank yet if you get close to a HEAT/AP Vanguard the Vanguard should win every time. It's high projectile velocity of its AP turret ensures accuracy all the way out to past medium range. Then you have the EnforcerML85. It will wreck any tank up close and over the course of 10 shots does massive damage. At the same time its lack of COF allows it to be utilized all the way up to the Vanguard's Max AP turret range. In fact I've had the Enforcer accurately shoot at my tank from lockdown ranges and consistently hit me. So with the Enforcer you get a great weapon usable at every range you'll be using the Vanguard for.You'l be faced with a very tough decision whether to pull the Halberd or the EnforcerML85 and that is exactly how you know it's a good weapon.

The Saron excels at short range where it can put out comparable damage to the Vulcan, yet around the shorter end of medium ranges where the Magrider excels using strafe to its advantage the Saron also proves to be useful. While not as good as the old Saron, it's still somewhat competitive with the Halbed and the Vanu seem to agree since I still see Magrider crews on Mattherson pull it regularly. It still meshes with the Magrider within its max effective range to an arguably acceptable level.

Then we have the train wreck, the black sheep of the family, the Vulcan. It is comparable with the Saron at short range, while then being completely and utterly inferior to the Halberd at all other ranges. To make matters worse it is more or less completely useless at past medium range where a Lockdown Prowler is the safest using Anchor Mode.

The Prowler itself without the ability is useful in tank fights at medium ranges, and yet even here the Vulcan is not very helpful. The Vulcan also used to be a short range defensive weapon against terribad pilots who would face rush you or to be used against rocket pod users, however now that the resistances have been changed it's a mere shell of what it once was for even that situational role.

TLDR. Enforcer ML85 - Awesome weapon that meshes with the Vanguard very well and is usable even at the Vanguard's Maximum effective range. It beats the Halbred for AV purposes or at the very least is very competitive with the Halberd.

Saron- Weapon that meshes with the Magrider decently at the Magrider's optimal range. It's somewhat competitive with the Halberd, and enough to the point many VS still make use of the Saron even though it's not the "all that and a bag of chips" weapon that it used to be.

Vulcan- Weapon that doesn't mesh with the Prowler at all. It has basically 0 utility where the Prowler's Anchormode ability is used, cannot be used in medium range tank fights and remain competitive against another tank using the Saron/EnforcerML85/or Halberd. The Vulcan is not at all competitive with the Halberd, and using the Halberd for almost every situation other than fighting within Amp Stations and suicidal point blank range fights with others MBT's is a no brainer.
    • Up x 2
  4. Matlock0

While Vulcan doesn't really go well with the anchor mode, it still has a niche.

When you need to kill lots of lightnings, sunderers and magriders around an amp station and other areas with lots of obstacles in the way, Vulcan is actually really beastly. It also got a buff in close range DPS actually.

Stealth + AP + Vulcan and the right kind of terrain and you can really tear through enemies (a lot better than with halberd).
  5. Phos!

No, it's the same. A 66% damage decrease to match the lowered resist type. 100% nerf.
    • Up x 1
  6. BengalTiger

Fixed.
    Does not apply to moving targets, unless someone can predict where the enemy will be 3 seconds later.

Rangefinding is really cool once discovered.

As for the Saron - if a Mag pops up in close combat, the HRB has quite remarkable burst damage.

Combine that with the anti-tank main gun and this tank is up to something - especially being able to float sideways between buildings (if the driver has a feeling of its size).

I've been shot through doors (shell goes through one door, flies through building, goes through other door, scores hit) by creative Mag crews, then they strafed away to safety as I was taking aim.

Have a ride in the V, see how long it takes to shoot 10 darts from the ML-85. It's common that a few are still left in the mag after the enemy finds cover, effectively limiting its damage output.
  7. EliteEskimo

The nice thing about the Enforcer ML85 is you have 10 shots to walk your target in and get precision accuracy.

Rangefinding? You mean using the squadwaypoint?

The Saron is good for close combat indeed.

I never said the Magrider didn't have its advantages, as it's probably the best tank (Or at least very competitive) when you have significant cover to use to your advantage.

I was gunning with Klypto just the other day and had him pull the EnforcerML85, I have my own NC Alt on Waterson and my Vanguard has the Enforcer ML85, I also have other BWC Rampage members on Waterson one of which has a fully certed Vanguard and I like gunning for him in his Enforcer ML85. The Enforcer ML85 is a wonderful weapon and I would trade you the Vulcan for it in a heart beat.:)
  8. DeadlyShoe

The Vulcan is great. The only problem with the Vulcan is that a Vulcan Prowler still loses to a Vanguard at close range.

Just made a Vanu character and been rolling the Saron in a otherwise noob magrider, it's relly damn good and fun to use. Anyone complaining about Saron go jump in a river.
  9. BengalTiger

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stadiametric_rangefinding

Now figure this out with the horizontal notches beneath the crosshair.

Compare how many notches tall a target is at what range (indicated by WP), and see how much the round must be compensated for gravity.

Then placing the WP becomes optional, and first shot hits are possible up to 700+ meters on stationary targets, based on how big they are in the scope and nothing more.