Colossus Tank: What that gun in the tech plant is for

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ash87, Jan 9, 2014.

1. RealityWarrior

So that combined arms crude you have been spewing for a year now was actually all fluff hiding your Planetside of Tanks dreams?
  2. Syrathin

I wouldn't expect to see it any time soon, They've flashed quite a bit of concept art during streams that has never made into the game yet. Easy to drawn a picture, Harder to implement and balance it.
  3. Kaon1311

I see lots of places for comsmetic stuffs, so OP for at least 3 months.....

i joke....

No matter how many it needs to use, im calling shotgun on the drivers seat :D

The only way i can see them restricting this is a large respawn timer and max resources. 2 main guns..... so VS and NC will get the Prowlers farming potential.
  4. Kaon1311

Which they teased ages ago, so im not holding my breath for this one. But still excited.

Might just be that, and 2 guns so VS and NC can have an infantry farmer that is the Prowler. But then does that mean NC has an infantry farmer and the go to AV killer?
  5. SupaFlea

I have always said they should go back to tank drivers not having a main gun, it would cut infantry farming down a fair bit and encourage more ppl to want to work together. Yes Yes im old school PS1 vet and miss the old days lol. And back then Tanks could take a lot more punishment.
  6. Nexus545

Could be. I've been waiting to use that cannon for a whole year now.
  7. ghostwalkn

Driver/Gunner

700 resources, 50% tougher than vanguard, 2/3 more powerful cannons than prowler, 40 kph, no reverse, no firing while moving
  8. Unclematos7

This looks alot more NC like with the bulky design and gauss cannons than our M1A1 Abrams clone Vanguard.:(
    • Up x 2
  9. Unclematos7

10. Ash87

They showed all 3 of them during the anniversary stream, I thought.

Plus, the vehicles, at least last time with the harasser, just kind of launched. There wasn't much buildup to the harasser, it just kind of appeared one day.
  11. Hiding in VR

I don't think it needs to be immune to C4. It just needs decent anti-infantry turrets and a radar cert line that doesn't mean you can't get "real" defenses.
  12. ABATTLEDONKEY

this has been my thought on this. Its probably going to be scaled down.

OR this this IS massive, can OHK MBT's but has an incredibly slow moving turret, which makes its weakness the new ES buggies that are coming out, forcing mega sales of the ES buggie AV weapons *tin foil hat*
  13. Latrodectus

My hopes and expectations for this tank would be:

-Good acceleration but slow max speed.
    -Four man crew: 1 driver, 1 main gunner, 2 secondary gunners (NO Empire-Specific guns).
    -Practically immune to damage from the front, massively reduced damage from C4 from the top and front, C4'ing the treads renders the vehicle immobile/crawling until the vehicle is fully repaired, requires 10 bricks of C4 to be scrapped from the rear.
    -The obvious massive resource cost and timer.
    -Each cannon should have a ~10 second reload timer. It should take two hits to kill an MBT. Rounds should have very little to almost no drop, high velocity. I'm kind of opposed to the idea of this thing getting HE rounds, secondary gunners and supporting units should be required to deal with infantry threats.
  14. Sathayorn

Thresher is the VS harasser variant(If this comes out, I'm never getting in any other vehicle ever again), Deliverer is the base vehicle the ES amphibious APCs were based off of... Which were all identical to the Deliverer, except in weapons. (In PS1 you didn't arm your vehicles.)

I can't imagine why they would bother adding in the old amphibious APCs when there's no water you can go near without exploding.
  15. ThaTrip

Maybe people should learn how real tank crews are before talking about crews for this tank....

If you have a 4 crew space tank, the layout would be like this:
    1 loader
    1 commander
    1 driver
    1 gunner

I can understand a loader would be a very boring role to do, so skip that one and make that a secondary gunner. So it will be like this:
    1 commander
    1 driver
    2 gunners

A commander has a very important role in a tank, it is choosing the targets to shoot at, is the person that sees everything that happens around the tank, and decides were the driver has to head too.
  16. Sathayorn

Or, how it would translate to Planetside 2: A commander gets to press Q and suggest where the driver should drive...

I don't see that working out for anyone.

Edit: Some of us understand how things work, we also understand that if a job is so boring nobody would want to do it, nobody will.
  17. Rentago

honestly i think this is pointless. They could have gundams, they could just simply return our main battle tanks to their alpha counterparts, but no they need to make a lightning, make a faction lightning, and then make an NS super heavy.

This i assume, will be the liberator of the ground or the somewhat artillery if anything. Would much rather them redesign main battle tanks to be what they should be, but I think the issue is that the magrider legitimately functions the way it should already, the only tanks in the wrong are the TR and NC, as the driver should be only capable of driving, the magrider always allowed the driver to shoot just he had more of a machine gun and not a cannon.

Maybe people would complain about that and they are afraid of making faction differences? I mean look at how things are currently, factions arent all that much different, they try to keep them very much the same with slight tweaks.

I can see that attempting to make actual gameplay differences between factions would cause some sort of riot to break out with NC and TR complaining about everything.
  18. Rentago

you realize you are saying this in a game that main the main battle tank drivers do the shooting and driving?

it'll only get as complex as having a driver and two gunners.
  19. Sathayorn

I'm hoping 3 gunners... 1 primary 2 secondary.
  20. Giggily

I hope the gun is actually a double barrel Viper so that you can one shot even more infantry.
  21. Sathayorn

That's its compact version, each of those barrels actually split into 4 125mm viper barrels.