Anchor-GD22s-EM1-EM6-SAW. Rate each weapon 1-10.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kimble, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Konstantinn

1. GD22S
    2. Gauss Saw
    3. EM6
    4. EM1
    5. Anchor

That should closely match my most used/most kills weapon list. GD22 is best though. Anchor looks good stat-wise on paper, but there's just something wrong with it.... can't pin down what. BR 91 NC.

GD22S = Gauss Rifle from PS1 reborn
  2. CaptHaddock

EM6>EM1>SAW>GD22S>Anchor>SAW S

Aurax on EM6, SAW, GD22 and halfway on the rest. EM1 is awesome, love it - EM6 is less 'fun', but it's efficient and effective in more scenarios. I enjoy the SAW, but you need to sink the certs. Anchor lost it's role after hip fire nerds, it's operating window is very narrow. SAW S is just superseded by the EM6 in every engagement window
  3. Cinnamon

SAW 10/10
    EM6 8/10
    Everything else 5/10
  4. Liberty

First I have to chuckle at the people saying "Assuming the worst VS LMG is a 10 out of 10" when we have the Polaris (which I love, but shares the 652 RPM @ 143 DMG model of the EM1) and the Flare / Ursa which are pretty much worse than the EM6.

SAW - 7 out of 10
    Anchor - 9 out of 10 (pre hipfire nerf it was at least a 10/10 if not an 11.)
    EM6 - 9 out of 10 With extended mags - 10 / 10

Haven't used the EM1 or or GD - 22S but from people in the outfit who have been playing NC since the changes it is supposed to be pretty beast.
    • Up x 1
  5. Luighseach

I would pretty much agree with these values but I would give Gauss 7/10 just because I like it a lot and the GD-22 would warrant a 8/10 now.

Also the only LMG in the game that I would give a 10/10 is the Orion. Carv is just a 7/10 to 8/10 for me.
  6. Pikachu

Gotta get that anchor someday when I paint my EM1 purple. People seem to like it and at least it doesnt have the gimmicky grips of gd22s, which I have btw. Never gonna use EM6 or gauss saw s because they look identical to nc6 but doesnt have its high damage trademark or its unique sound. Also S weapons in general feels bad even if its just placebo.
  7. TTex11

GAUSS SAW 6/10
    Requires a very specific touch to get the most out of it. It's not for everyone, and really is an odd choice to have as the starter gun for NC Heavies as it's extremely newbie unfriendly. Some people hate it, others love it. Also mandatory that you need to get the necessary attachments for it to function properly ASAP. Gets good points for being awesome at its intended role with the right finger on the trigger, but loses some for being terrible at others.

EM6 9/10
    Undeniably the best all-rounder gun in the NC Heavy arsenal. Can do it all and be kitted out for all and fullfill those roles very well. Good handling, good ammunition capacity, good characteristics in general. Very solid weapon and an excellent purchase. Can serve very well as your 'old faithful' and reliable weapon for any situation.

ANCHOR 8/10
    A solid weapon. Performs better at closer ranges than the EM6 and with the advanced laser can do decent hipfire in those haywire 'in your face' fights. Doesn't suck for ADS shooting either, as it has an easily controlled recoil, though the accurate range is less than the previous guns. Curiously, this is the gun I feel most comfortable fitting a suppressor on where the loss of bullet velocity doesn't seem to impact it much, so it is part of my normal loadout.

GD-22S 7/10
    Sort of a mini-Anchor, similar in its capabilities and ideal ranges, though not having quite as many attachment options. After PU02 it's got a very, very steady ADS, making it very easy to pick off even erratic moving targets at medium-ish range. Slap a foregrip on it for an almost negligible recoil that will make it even easier to get most of your bullets on target, though you can still put a laser sight on it for a decent hipfire. The most attractive quality is the price, as you can get a good skirmishing weapon for the cost of a mere 100 initial certs + 130 certs for sight and attachment of choice. If you are one who hates the Gauss Saw, this can be a very cheap and good replacement to pick up so you have a weapon that is more versatile than the SAW.

I actually haven't used the EM1 yet (it's on the list of things-to-do) so I abstain there.
    • Up x 1
  8. NC_agent00kevin

1. GD22S 7/10
    2. Gauss Saw 6/10
    3. EM6 7/10
    4. EM1 *
    5. Anchor *

I dont have #4 and #5. I dont know if hit detection plays a role but it seems like half the shots on any of our LMGs just go wild, even when controlling recoil. Crosshair dead on target, bullets still hitting everything but the enemy. Burst firing is not an option in most cases as you're dead either way.

In all honesty Ive gotten away from using HA in anything other than CQC or AV duties.
  9. Larolyn

Gauss Saw: 6/10 - It has enormous potential and in the hands of a high aim player from mid range it's a beast. Haven't used it since I auraxiumed it and struggled back then. I find it a hard gun to perform well with.

EM1 : 5/10 - Not a bad score, just stating that this gun is middle of the road in everything it does. It never excels at anything. I have certed it for mid range, for cqc and everything inbetween and it's average at best. Though for a suppresive fire support role it fills a very, very small niche. It is newbie friendly and easy to use.

EM6: 7/10 - The perfect weapon for medium range engagements and a solid all round weapon. Recoil pattern is quick to learn and compensate for. Unsure of what's gonna happen? Grab an EM6. This gun can handle any situation you throw at it.

GD22S: 8/10 - The LMG that wears AR clothing. This thing is nasty. Fast short reload, very easy to control, foregrip or laser sight will adapt it to any situation. This should have been the NC starter gun and is the gun I tell all new NC heavies to get. Cheaper to buy and cert out than getting a Gauss SAW ready and easier to use too. GD22S is my second favourtie NC LMG and I feel the 50 rounds is offset perfectly by the quick short reload.

LA1 Anchor: 9/10 - I love this gun. It shoots fast, it pumps out heavy damage and despite the ALS nerf to LMGs, it still has surprisingly good hipfire. 6 bullets to the chest under 10 meters will stop a man dead so it has a lot of killing potential when breaching a room With soft point ammo this gun performs so well in CQC. The one and only thing stopping this from scoring a perfect 10 is the long short reload time. For an NC CQC LMG, there is no other option. Love my Anchor.
    • Up x 1
  10. Myrgatroid

personal preference/potential compared to orion with skilled user/10

1. GD22S - 8/8/10 pretty beast w/ low first shot recoil, moderate bloom, a hs machine - too bad it lacks spa, give it spa it's 9/10
    2. Gauss Saw 6/8/10 too limited to be great imo, but not a lot of experience post GPU change for me - ~20fps v 60fps
    3. EM6 7/9/10 some really praise this gun and some outfit mates do really well with it, I've got a bit of experience w/ it but I'd rather use the SAWs - works well for me against zergfits, but it's 50/50 for me w/ this gun against organized squads
    4. EM1 x/5/10 I have it, and have used it very little because I hated it, maybe I need to form more of an opinion but it feels like half the gun the Orion is
    5. Anchor 8/8/10 - agree w/ Liberty, pre-nerf it was on par w/ the Orion, now it's wonky, bloom is odd to me- only reason it's on par currently w/ the beastly gd22s is SPA

You need to consider the Gauss SAWs - you need SPA and forward grip (I guess maybe laser, if you hipfire) and site of your choice - but after you have it kitted out, aim for the head. I have an easier time hitting the head w/ this gun than w/ the Orion or SVA-88, but maybe that is just me. To me the SAWs is 10/10/10 and the best of the NC LMGs currently.
  11. Bankrotas

Well I still need to auraxiun Gauss Saw S, but others I can talk about. You get no scores from me, since it's bad way of evaluating a gun.

NG6 Gauss Saw is a gun, that is either "Oh god why did SOE made this?" or "OMG, dis iz teh best, gaud gun evah", I belong to first group. Gun is not made to be decent alrounder. It punishes too much and rewards too little.

EM1 is latest gun I made purple and it's interesting gun, it's attachments compensates for it's disadvantages rather than increasing it's advantages. 650 m/s muzzle velocity is what makes the gun, 100 ammo belt is good, but I find it runs out faster than Anchors or GD-22S'. Good support gun, but EM6 is better.

LA1 Anchor and GD-22S are almost same guns, only thing, Anchor is better up close, while GD-22S is better where LA1 starts to fall off in effectiveness due to it's better recoil and reload speed. Both guns are great alrounders and probably best of NC weaponarry for close to mid range fighting. Small hip fire cof helps them a lot in close quarters. Only thing Anchor really lacks for me is 2x scope, which is suplemented by really good iron sights.

EM6 is well a jack of all trades, master of supressive fire and I mean it. It at's it best in supplementing lack of suppression from our maxes, especially with 200 bullet mags. Good weapon to have for more ocasions and only loses for Anchor in close quarters and GD-22S in longer, while being better than Anchor in longer and better in shorter ranges than GD-22S. Best weapon to buy, if you plan to get only single LMG. Gauss Saw S seems like it's little brother sidegrade, getting more muzzle velocity, bit more attachment options, better muzzle velocity and faster reload with less ammo and less rof.
    • Up x 1
  12. Hibiki54

SAW: 8/10 - Great weapon. Hard to control for beginners. Was a 10/10 before fore grip nerf.
    SAW S: 9/10 - Great shooters weapon. All attachments available. Highest muzzle velocity in the game with HVA.
    EM1: 5/10 - Not that great, but his extended mags, decent RoF and fast reload. Overall utility is eclipsed by the NS-15 or EM6.
    EM6: 7/10 - A direct side grade from the SAW despite having the SAME CoF bloom. Ext mags available. Easier to use for newbies.
    Anchor: 9/10 - Best shooters LMG for the NC. Would be a 10/10 if it had a bigger magazine. SPA is a must.
    GD22S: 6/10 - Fastest reloading LMG in the game. Poor man's Anchor without all the bells and whistles.
  13. repairtool6

The easy boring truth.

SAW 7/10
    Anchor 7/10
    EM6 7/10
    EM1 7/10
    GD22s 7/10

All just perfectly fine guns balanced nicely against eachother.

Only gun that is 'better' is SAW S which gets a 8/10
  14. Goretzu

I'd be similar.

NC6 (upgraded): 6.5/10
    EM1: 5/10
    EM6: 8/10 (not played with it since the last changes though)
    Anchor 8/10
    GD-22 6.5/10 (not played with it since the last changes though)
  15. Syphers

Anchor 9.5/10
    SAW 8/10
    EM6 8/10
  16. Syphers

Orion 11/10