Server Downtime for Patch January 9, 2014 6 AM PT (3 PM CET)

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Babbylon

PLEASE SHUT DOWN THE SERVERS AND FIX WHATEVER YOU DID
    Video related

People are flying through the air, standing still doing nothing, getting hit by invisible bullets, and more!
    Shut it down, shut it all down, fix the bugs, and fix all the bugs mentioned ITT such as the NS PDW and the 9 month old laser sight bug.

Lower 750 SC weapons to 500 SC permanently.
    $7 is too much for a virtual gun that I could unlock with in game currency.
    I'd love to buy some camo's and armor, but I will sooner eat a bullet then spend $100 on a free to play game.
    Thanks, and have a nice day.
    • Up x 5
  2. Babbylon

Will these bugs ever be fixed too I wonder??

Will waterfalls ever be added to this spot I wonder?

Also, how about all those players that take no damage from bullets but do die if you knife them?
    WIll that ever be patched?

Also when you place an ammo crate, your left arm breaks at the wrist.
    • Up x 2
  3. Babbylon

Bring this bug back please.
    I enjoyed blinding ESF.
    • Up x 3
  4. Roonsk

Did this get fixed? Cause I'm pretty sure it didn't.

There's still a timing delay/hitch with ADS out of sprint compared to ADS from standing still or walking. Also, the secondary animation glitches when you ADS out of sprint.
  5. vincent-

I believe he is stating that the factions get jumbled a little instead of just going clockwise and counter that we switch places say right now it's tr north vs bot left and nc bot right just switch vs and nc so now vs would be on the right and nc on the left but leave tr north that kind of concept.
  6. Shadebayne

But I thought all TR characters were little girls?
  7. Diplocaulus

Yep, aside from flying people and aircraft frozen in mid-air, my Mag got pounded to oblivion on Indar this morning with no sign of enemies anywhere nearby. It was like my Mag was being struck from the inside. I've been playing this game for over a year and never experienced that before.
  8. rockNoob

Game still crashes and there is a huge influx of cheaters. Pls fix that, I don't need your new helmets I can' t buy from a pro7 account anyway.
  9. salembeats

Yeah, I was playing with a buddy and he was one of the few who apparently weren't affected by this. I couldn't see him, but I could see flying tanks and flying claymores! He said that the tank that I saw floating in the vehicle bay was actually in a fight out in the expanse at Excavation Site, which makes sense as it started smoking on my screen (it was still in the vehicle bay on my screen though, under no fire at all).

He went off to some other spot to fight and nobody saw him at all, he owned on people who were right in front of him, oblivious.

I kept getting killed by invisible ghosts until I just said to myself, F!@# this, I'm not playing. I had one time this morning where I ran up to someone who drop-podded in onto the sand and was apparently just standing there. I thought, "OK, go for the knife". Knife dealt zero damage after three swipes, so I pulled out my Nighthawk and let er rip. My buddy told me he saw this guy running around way up in the tower, and when he heard my shotgun blasts, this guy's shields flashed and he suddenly dropped dead.
  10. salembeats

They're not cheaters -- the game is drastically bugged at the moment with this patch. See my post as well as the posts of a few others.
  11. Brasil

[IMG]
    • Up x 5
  12. SpaceYeti

Dear SOE,

Your game is now unplayable. Why is it that everytime you patch the game you somehow manage to break something else i the process? EVERYONE on Connery is experiencing massive server lag. Floating players, invisible killers, healers from 60m away.

Fix this.
  13. SE7ENofN9NE

'waaah, we who have had the WG the longest total have to give it up for those who have had it the least total'
    -TR
    PS: everything we have is underpowered, plz fix
    • Up x 1
  14. FakeBritishGuy

Unforeseen bugs are an inevitability and I look forward to the servers coming back up.
  15. BDKM

Great, I download the patch and now it just hangs on the first loading screen. GREAT PATCH FIXED EVERYTHING GG
  16. InvitroCanibal

SOE's lead programmer is on the problem
    • Up x 3
  17. salembeats

Please fix cloaking long before you fix this, though. Cloaking actually affects the game. This doesn't (as much as I like how BAMF the correct NS-7 reload animation looks).

Specifically:
    - Random times where you simply don't appear to cloak, but the energy bar drains.
    - Attempting to cloak while being healed, leading to body parts not being cloaked (this is why I hate AoE medics at a biolab).
    - Wraith Flash cloaking where the flash cloaks, but the driver doesn't (or his head doesn't).
    - Cloaking upon drop-pod impact, where cloaking works inconsistently. (It might help to at least adjust Instant Action to where I don't feel like I need to cloak as soon as I hit the ground... maybe put me next to my teammates who need assistance?)
    - Taking around 1.5 seconds to cloak after hitting "F", usually resolved by shutting down the game and immediately logging back in.
    - The infamous cloaking glitch where your weapon remains uncloaked... but the hand from your POV cloaks. Do enemies see a floating weapon? Do they see you fine? Hard to tell.

The healing/cloaking glitch lends itself to some particularly ironic situations in heated firefights, where i have to quickly prox-chat medics to tell them to stop healing me so that I don't end up dead. o_O

What makes this all very frustrating is that cloaking is so bugged, yet when it works properly it's still not invisibility. When someone spots me and kills me while I'm sneaking around, I always have to wonder in the back of my head, "Was I being too obvious, or was I glitched?" All of the cloaking bugs really ruin the experience of playing as an infiltrator because it feels like whether you're effective or not is often largely out of your hands. You never know whether how you see yourself is how your opponents see you.

I got excited when I saw a hotfix, until I saw no important fixes at all in the description. A warpgate rotation and a bunch of cosmetic BS.
    • Up x 2
  18. Babbylon

I hope they read this entire thread and actually get **** done this time.
  19. NinjaTurtle

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

NC now have the boring gate :(

But that gate sucks ****. The SW is so much nicer, the SE not so much but still better
  20. CalvaryCallsMe

You havent noticed? The Devs seem to have a major dislike of TR. Nigh on everything they do makes it harder and harder to be TR... and advantaged given rarely last. Look at the Mossies, The Strykers, how the other factions have faster firing weapons that do more damage...