Your three cheesiest things about PS2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FROG55JON, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Latrodectus

I might be nitpicking over nothing here, but if something is only world famous in a specific country, that doesn't really make it *world* famous then does it? Right?
  2. RipperTR

You forgot Dick's cheese!

[IMG]

Spawn room claymores, bouncing betties and proximity mines.
    • Up x 6
  3. Sen7rygun

You start a fight with Chicken Parmigiana and you start a fight with the proud nation of Australia buddy!

Aww man. Too late to edit. Who could ever forget dick cheese?
  4. Blarg20011

What are they going to do? Set their poisonous animals on us... Oh god, never mind. I'm sorry for any thing negative I have ever said about Australia.
  5. RipperTR

Eating something else than a Parmy at the pub?
    That's as wrong as a dead dingo's donger!

[IMG]

Oh, warpgate camping is pretty cheesy too.
  6. Soques

Sweet Jesus the alliteration.
  7. HLM

1) A2A Lockons
    2) G2A Lockons
    3) G2G Lockons
    • Up x 4
  8. NinjaTurtle

Lock ons The "I have no skill but you're still dead launcher"
    Lock ons The "I'll let the computer do all the work for me"
    Lock ons The "Trolololololololololololololololololololololololo"
    • Up x 2
  9. Astealoth

Only one cheese in this game, the constant whining about the stuff designed to counter what you like to play. News flash, your K/D doesn't mean anything. Respawn and try harder next time instead of coming here to make a "NERF IT NAO!" thread.
  10. Camycamera

hogwash, it is possible. you see where you are getting shot at from, you take cover, and if you desire revenge, sneak up on the bastard.

the same could be said for heavies, and other tanks, i.e.

"heavies using their rocket launchers to hit targets that have no possibility of defending themselves by firing back. Cheeseo_O"

"anchored prowlers using their AP rounds to hit targets that have no possibility of defending themselves by firing back. Cheeseo_O"

"snipers can hit targets that have no possibility of defending themselves by firing back. Cheeseo_O"

and so on.

i do admit that the range of the AV turret is a little bit ridiculous, and its ability to OHK most infantry as well, BUT the vehicles that die are the vehicles that don't take cover.

and people putting SMG infiltrators on the list, you do realise they are quite easy to counter, right? it takes quite a lot of skill to play as an SMG infiltrator, believe it or not, because i am one part time. it involves a lot a knowledge of bases and flanking.

snipers are worse. than SMG infiltrators in a sense... you can't possibly kill them from range (unless you are counter sniping), whereas at least you have a chance to kill SMG infiltrators.
  11. FateJH

The real problems with this game, ignoring the poor physics model, and infrequent netcode slippage, are the counters to something having no counters of their own effective within the same ranges, save for random luck or being the same unit (type). The prior "Air being the counter to Air" paradigm is the classical interpretation of this model falling apart.
    • Up x 1
  12. Bonom Denej

If it wasn't free many people wouldn't have even try the game. Me included. Many players discovered it specifically because it was free. And because there is no other MMOFPS, many people are unaware that the genre even exist. I was in that case when I saw the game on Steam for the first time. "What the f- ? MMOFPS exists ?"
  13. lunate

Hmm so is firing a engineer av turret at 500 metres away without even rending for the tanks.

Not to mention firing a phoenix launcher without means of exiting the camera view when being fired on. Only to get yourself killed after the rockets fly for 300m
  14. Hibiki54

1. Prowler HEAT/HE zergs and Magrider/Harasser PPA spam

2. VS and TR lolpod spam

3. SMG Infils

The 3rd one is a bit iffy because I run an SMG infiltrator. I have always felt that the Infiltrator should be required to sacrifice something to be able to wield SMGs instead of their sniper or scout rifles. For example, to use SMGs (which is available to all classes except MAX), they should lose their sidearm and main weapon while having to wear a special suit slot cert line that grants them access to SMGs and extra ammo for said weapon throughout the line.

This way they have to make a choice of -- a) Do I want to sacrifice nanoweave/flak/ASC and a pistol to use an SMG? Or do I stick with Nano/Flak/ASC/Ammo and keep my sidearm and just use a rifle or semi/auto scout weapon that is less accurate at hip fire?
  15. Cougarbrit

Lockons, AV MANA and Shotguns/SMGs.
  16. FieldMarshall

1. Sniping from spawnrooms.
    2. Leaving mines in said spawnroom when you loose it.
    3. Chain reviving people outside spawnrooms for free certs.

lololo

I agree. Its not cheesy on the Reaver, because its not.
    Thus, only VS and TR cheese.
    Ergo, not cheese when NC lolpod spam. Vis-a-vis TR VS.
    Etc.
  17. Corporate Thug

1. People complaining about infantryside, when the core of any assault is and always will be infantry WITH vehicle SUPPORT.
    2. Shotguns in a game where the practical TTK is higher than most games, except if you have a shotgun.
    3. ESFs, They can use 100% of their thrust to hover and still have 100% to move forward and maneuver which is just stupid and makes it way too easy to farm. Flying with the space bar, heh. We have physics for ground vehicles but not air? I wish my lightning wouldn't lose traction when turning while accelerating.
  18. Corporate Thug

The Phoenix is a weapon that can fire and kill from behind cover, which has much lower risk than a lock on unless you like being sniper bait. Your post and outfit selection amuses me not to mention you have more kills with proximity mines than any single weapon and spend a good portion of your time sniping unsuspecting players more than likely no where near you.
  19. ronjahn

Press the leave aircraft key to leave Phoenix camera view. Usually bound as E, unless you have changed it.
    • Up x 1
  20. Syrathin

I'd love to have a little bird in PS2 they're awesome, But any of the three would be nice.
    • Up x 1