[Suggestion] VS Sniper Quality of Life.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Teoke, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Teoke

I'll keep myself brief, but i'd like to see a change or a fix in the Boltaction animation for the VS Sniperrifles.
    I'll show you what i mean.

How Bolt-pulling animations looked for VS / TR back in the days:
    [IMG]

How it looks today:
    [IMG]

As you can see the gun no longer flips up across your screen.

How the VS Boltpulling animation looks, remaining unchanged since it was implemented:
    [IMG]

As you can see, the VS Boltpulling animation covers up roughly two thrids of your screen, making you unable to follow your targets while you chamber a new round. TR and NC does not have this issue since their rifle remains somewhat in place while the animation plays.

Suggested fix for this issue:
    -Keep the "Brofisting" of the battery
    -Keep the rifle pointing forward, like the other two factions do.
    • Up x 10
  2. Chipay

animations/pics are not working, might want to check them again
  3. Teoke

Fix'd
  4. ZeroErrorz

balance for the no drop,and highest velocity, i think...
  5. Teoke

Fun fact: VS Boltactions have the same bulletdrop as both the other factions Boltactions. However the Semi auto sniper rifles have no bulletdrop, but are punished with lower damage at range.

All boltaction rifles are copypasted and reskinned versions of one another
  6. Mustarde

If i had a nickel for every time this was thrown out there for the VS bolt action rifles....
    • Up x 10
  7. Tenebrae Aeterna

You would think that it would be a well known fact by now...
  8. necrolamington

Not only do the VS bolt-actions have bullet drop, but the VS guns that do have no bullet drop also have lower velocity to help make up for it, this includes our bland as **** pistols.
  9. Teoke

Just a quick correction. Missed that when i proofread it.

As for other Ideas for fleshing out the animation....

-Keep gun pointing forward, as explained before
    - As you "Brofist" the Battery, the gun could wobble a tiny bit, after all you're smacking it with your fist. Even in its current animation it doesnt show the gun "wobbling" from your character hammering the battery back into the gun. I imagined that hit having some momentum!
  10. Archiadus

Felt like doing something nice so here you go:

• Up x 2
  11. Teoke

Thank you.

This shows exactly what i mean. The TR / NC Boltpulling animations are not intrusive at all on your field of view, where as the VS one covers up nearly two thirds of your screen.
  12. Teoke

I've done some looking around....

When you reload the VS Default rocketlauncher, as the character fistbumps the battery in, it shifts over to the right from the hit.
    The same thing could be applied to the "new" Boltpulling animation!

To recap:
    -Keep the "fistbump"
    -Keep rifle pointing forward like the other two factions so it isnt intrusive on your field of view.
    -Add small "wobble" or "shift" of the gun as to portray the momentum of your character actually hitting the side of the rifle to flesh out the animation.
  13. Teoke

Shameless bumping
  14. Teoke

Bumping for visibility.
  15. CaptHaddock

I recognize that with age things change, however I'm mid 30's and do perfectly fine CQC. Feel free to check my profile - in-game same as forum.

Don't go blaming age on something that is a skill that can be practiced like many others. It may degrade, but not to the point many of you are trying to make.
  16. CommodoreFrank

Agreed, it's rather silly that only one faction loses so much vision for identical weapons. Have a bump.
    • Up x 2
  17. Teoke

Thank you kind sir. I think it's indeed unfair how much visibility VS lose for no added benefit, such as reduced (or no) bulletdrop.
  18. fuzzbuket

19. Xervous

I see no reason why things otherwise identical across the factions should have such isolated disadvantages.
  20. turfsk8r Developer

We are currently adjusting the VS Bolt Action animation.
    • Up x 5