Is the Medic Helmet a Bulls-eye target?

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Chivalry, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Chivalry

Hello friends and foes,

I am writing to inquire about personal experiences with the medic class (both from Medics and from people who kill Medics) being the target of attacks, at a differing priority rate than other classes. Do you find that in practice the medic is a more preferred target, or that it's more random in the real game scenarios?

If it is that we are the target, what visual cues do you find best identify the medic to you. The hat? The tool? Something else?

Most pressing to me, is to know if the CM's helmet is a dead giveaway, and essentially a "shoot me" sign on their head. Because if so, I would intend on using my station cash to change my look, to make my enemies not realize with their quick glance that I'm playing CM, but while still allowing nearby allies to know.
  2. Xellon

Yeah, it actually is. At least, for me. Im always looking for a white backpack or helmet when I'm engaging a group of enemys, because I may only have the chance to take out one enemy before they gun me down (sometimes, even not that) so I target the person who's most viable to a group of Infantrists: The Medic.
    When the Medic is down, that bunch of enemys will get in trouble soon and are most likely to loose their position ans have to retreat or, more often, simply getting overwhelmed and turned into miced meat.
    So yeah, I think the Medic is somewhere at the top of the target priority list of most players.
  3. SevenTwo

I definitely go after Medics first if possible and their differently coloured gear helps distinguish them from other soliders.

Usually the green aura flitting about them is what tips medics off most of the time though; the gear color only really feels helpful if you've managed to sneak up on a group who's looking the other way and isn't currently being healed (the green beam from the tool is by far a more dead giveaway than anything they wear) or you have a good sniping vantage point with time to spare to pick your targets.
  4. Ceskaz

Not sure it changed much, but I bought Dakon armor and use the same helmet on every class but the heavy assault, mostly because I prefer the visual and also to try to melt the look of engies and medic.
  5. iD_Hawkeye

Standing out is always a bad idea. Hence, military commanders / generals no longer sit on horses at the rear of their troops with big hats and other notable apparel. They kinda became target practice.
    • Up x 1
  6. Vinakis

The white helmet is a dead giveaway for me to target that person first in a group of enemies. The backpack is also a good giveaway, as is the rest of their look. I've gotten to the point where I can recognize every class for every faction if they're in mid-range, just by their uniform/armor style, though camo tends to throw me off sometimes. That said, medics are always priority target number 1, followed by engineers as priority 2.
  7. Hodo

I target medics first, then engineers.

Without those two classes all the others just die.
    • Up x 1
  8. ZillFattak

As an infiltrator: Mr. Medic is my Nr.1 target. Whether it's the helmet, the tool or simply the armor, when I see one of them they become highest priority. They are just too powerful atm to not kill them first. (Engineer comes second, especiall if he's gunning a turret or repairing a MAX.)
    • Up x 2
  9. Canaris

yup I'll shoot a medic down first before any other target, you're just more dangerous overall than anything else on the battlefield
    • Up x 1
  10. Ratsle

Agreed, I will always shoot the medic first if I can, then the engie on the max.
    • Up x 1
  11. MajiinBuu

I just cloak, run up to a bunch of enemies, uncloak and PROXIMITY MINES :D
  12. TheFamilyGhost

No doubt about it we are priority targets.

I keep my look straight-stock to look like a noob. My hope is the shooters won't pick out the noob first, but will look for more seasoned players.
  13. LibertyRevolution

Shoot the guys in the white hats first.
  14. Ryekir

I always go for the medics first, if I can, because if I kill someone else, the medic will just revive that person and I have essentially accomplished nothing,

I'd say spotting the medics has 3 factors:
    1. Helmet
    2. Backpack
    3. Medic Tool
  15. Commissar38

I'm a medic and the first people I would aim for are medics. I mean a good medic can keep a team going much further in a push they normally would without healing. Look for the backpack, it's pretty distinctive.
  16. KnightCole

Only time I single out a person is max and engi....I shoot the engi first.
  17. Rigs

I don't know how you guys can notice. I just shoot the necromancer with his green rays and zombies.
    • Up x 4
  18. Hoki

Yeah buy the black glass dome one for inf and medic. Can't do anything about the white on your arms and back, but the composite armor with black scales camo can get you most of the way black and red.
  19. TheKhopesh

You sir, get a cookie.

I got a good laugh out of that comment. Thank you.
    :p
  20. John_Aitc

Medics are such an important piece in an attack. If you are not killing them first, you are doing Planetside wrong o_O.

Without Medics advances can stall or be lost because everyone needs to keep restarting the fight from a Sunderer.
    • Up x 1