Of Gaming mouses and keybinds

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zero M0nster, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Lamat

:p

Razer Destuctor 2 - "embedded silver flakes to heighten its reflective quality"

Logitec G440 hard gaming mouse pad also has a good spiel
  2. ManyHats

Destructor 2 or Roccat Raivo. Logitech G440 looks the part, not tested one yet.
  3. John_Aitc

Wyrd, I have always wanted to use this WASD to ESDF rebind since I saw an ItzMurda video about "How to not suck as Infiltrator". Do you know if there is a config file that I can save to protect against updates wrecking my key bindings? I can't stand when a patch resets everything to default now, and about the only customization I have is to move my Eject away from Reload and change my Spacebar to Melee.
  4. Zero M0nster

Thanks for the advice everyone! And yes the thread should have been called "Of Mice and Men"
  5. ViXeN

Yeah, I highly recommend getting a game pad. I bought a Razer Orbweaver not long ago to replace my old Nostromo and I mainly use it with my mouse when I am on ventrillo with teammates/friends and don't need to do any typing on the keyboard. I also have a little mini keyboard that I an switch to if I need to type something in regional chat on games like this. Its a lot more convenient than putting my full-sized keyboard back on the desk to type. :eek:
  6. xChriisXx

I have a Raxer Naga 2014 edition, and I use the sideways mouse wheel (left) as melee, that way I can slide my middle finger really quick to melee in close quarters. Works perfectly.
  7. Phyr

I only bother keybinding melee and ability to the thumb buttons.
  8. CowwieStyle

I love my G600, to many buttons?!? no one is putting a gun to your head and making you use them all, common sense says just use the ones you are most comfortable pressing and unassign the rest.

Crap sensor? works perfectly fine for infantry and flying my kdr certainly hasn't suffered from it, this game loves its extra buttons just like bf2 used to, personally ive never bothered with its higher dpi settings all i use is 2400-3600, all i care about is its toggling dpi and its press and hold dpi features which it excels at.

Great for themepark mmos?, nope it is perfectly fine for fps so long as its user is comfortable with its shape, having badly placed and designed buttons that is the real issue for mice that have alot of buttons, its not the number of buttons they have, you have a narrow mindset, just like in the old days when people used to argue that you don't need a joystick with more than 2 buttons.
  9. NC_agent00kevin

Knife is on middle mouse, nades on thumb button #1. Thumb button 2 had inexplicably stopped working.

I have an aluminum Rocketfish mouse pad thats dual sided. One side is smoother for faster handling and the other is a bit rougher for more control. Its really not important with on the fly DPI buttons but it does work well.

The CM Storm Xornet is a good and cheap mouse. So far better quality than the Deathadders Ive had and much more comfy.
  10. Lancener

I use the Razer Nage Molten, just use it to switch weapons so my fingers never have to leave their usual positions. Binding reload crouch and ability to the buttons I don't use on it may be nice. 17 button mouse, laughed the first time I saw it and then decided I really wanted it lol.
  11. Zero M0nster

Thanks for the advice again!
  12. Lamat

I've got a Razer Naga only 15 buttons :(

Now I kind of want this too. Those 2 extra buttons by your index finger would be handy.
  13. Roonsk

I would recommend the Logitech G400S (w/steelseries Qck heavy mat) over the Anker 8000. While 8000 dpi sounds cool, its total overkill. You should keep your dpi between 400-1200 and adjust the slider ingame to find what works for you.

I used the Anker 8000 in the past and I can tell you its a cheaply made mouse and the sensor is total garbage. The G400S has an optical sensor, which is what you want for gaming. Most laser mice tend to have acceleration and angle snapping build into the sensor, which is not good.

Also, go into your mouse setup within your control panel and make sure the Enhanced pointer precision box is unchecked. Then download and run this program http://donewmouseaccel.************/2010/03/markc-windows-7-mouse-acceleration-fix.html to remove all acceleration from your operating system.

For mouse binds I find what works best for me is..
    Side mouse buttons - Melee and medkits.
    Middle mouse button - nade

I don't do much flying, usually just to get from point A to B, but for Aircraft I bound 'pitch up' and 'pitch down' to my side mouse buttons. I find that to be the most effective and natural way to use those binds.
  14. ST4LK3R

[IMG]

The only gaming mouse you will ever need. My first one didn't have any problem for about 1 year and 4 month. And the left click became squishy so I opened up and replaced the pin that touches the actual button when I left click. I use it for a bout 2 more months and bought the new one. I know which mouse I'm gonna get when this one breaks, the 2013 version with mechanical buttons!

1 to 3 = weapons
    4-5-6-8 = roll left, ptch up, roll right and pitch down
    7-8 = spawn beacon .etc
    0-"-"-"=" = Platoon(ts3), squad(ts3), proxy.

Side buttons are a bit hard to clean. Use a q tip or unplug it and rub it hard with a rug.
  15. Zero M0nster

I didn't get the Anker 800dpi for the DPI, oh no I could never want that sensitive of a mouse. I got it because its price tag was $40 compared to some other razer and logitech mouses costing between $70 - $120. Also I looked at many reviews of it on amazon and it has gotten very positive stuff. It has 3 thumb buttons on the side, It didnt feel overkill in the amount of buttons and most of the time yes 400-1200 dpi is good. Again with the aircraft I actually havent played the game on my new rig, so idk. The only real bad thing about the anker mouse is that you might accidently press some random button while in a fight. When Im flying in aircraft top thumb button - alt up
    middle thumb button - alt down bottom thumb button afterburner or flares idk
  16. Meeka

I use a LogiTech G510s keyboard, so I can change keyboard profiles at the flick of a button.

My mouse is a LogiTech G700s... which has on-the-fly DPI switches, an exceptionally great mouse wheel, and four thumb buttons which I generally have programmed for my ESF... afterburners, pitch up/down, and view change so I can keep my hands on the keyboard where it matters without having to be a pianist to fly. Also, the ability to go wired/wireless is pretty great too. :)
  17. MorganM

Here's what I've been happy with.

Infantry:
    Up / Down buttons behind the mouse wheel adjust my sensitivity up / down. Very helpful when more smooth, precise, long range targeting is needed. Like the ENG AV turret.

Two buttons on the thumb are Next Weapon and Previous Weapon. Much more precise than my scroll wheel... click click and I KNOW EXACTLY what weapon is going to cdome up.

Clicking scroll wheel is my melee attack. Amazing how quickly you can use it; gotten me a lot of finishing blows.

Right click is optic

Left click FTW

Vehicle:
    Everything is the same except there's no melee. Clicking scroll wheel goes from 1st person to 3rd person camera.
  18. MorganM

19. Roonsk

That was just my opinions on it. I just couldn't get over the built in acceleration and cheaply made feel. I'm sure some people like the mouse, It just wasn't for me.

Also, the side buttons are placed in an awkward spot, and depending on the size and placement of you thumb you will accidentally hit them at times. At least I did. While 'three buttons' may sound more appealing than 'two' if there not properly placed on the mouse I don't see the point in having them.

I'm not a Logitech salesman or anything, but Amazon is selling the G400S for 42.99 + free S&H. It arguably has the best mouse sensor for gaming on the market right now.