I kind of think reaver is better than mosquito..I do not understand the crying.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zephyr88, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Zephyr88

I certed out my reaver with max vortek and hover..i do decent.

I go to TR roll an alt and i havent got the AA gun maxed yet so I use needler for now and i only got hover 1...but the mossie does not seem like it is all that really.

I have aa missle on both.

So I scratch my head over the reaver whining.
  2. Mootar

You don't find your bog standard, stock mossie as good as a fully certed Reaver?

I'll call the newspapers.

Troll more.
    • Up x 18
  3. Owleyes

ESF pilots only care about their hover fights where they face each other head on, The Mossie and Scythe have smaller profiles facing head on.

And that's all it is.
    • Up x 1
  4. GamerOS

Oh look, another one of those 'I've had lots of practice in a fully certed Reaver and doing better in it then my barely certed mosquito ergo it must be balanced' posts.
    • Up x 3
  5. Shadowhunter1

max out vehicle = I am god

switch sides to enemy, play same vehicle with barely any points. i died, their vehicle sucks = balanced game.

i really wish SOE didn't listen to most the ******* that post on the forums. they ruined the game more than helping it.
    • Up x 3
  6. FA_Q2

People are going to whine. I wouldn’t bother with wondering why tbh – there are threads whining about EVERYTHING on here.
  7. Astriania

3/10
    • Up x 5
  8. Matti

Strange discussion.
    All my flying I think the mossi and reaver are fairly even, not always, but in most
    situations. For A2A however the Scythe is totally superiour.
    • Up x 3
  9. Clay

oh really. Please enlighten us how you come to this conclusion.
  10. CrashB111

The NC complain about the Reaver because that is what NC do.

They complain about things.

I swear it must be some kind of "le epic may may" for the NC to whine about being underpowered, the threads have been here since launch and will probably be here the day the forums go offline.
    • Up x 4
  11. DevDevBooday

This thread is part of the reasons why i love the forums.
    > See whats new
    > Read a post about a persons opinion about a controversial topic
    > Watch the NC buthurt ensue.

Forums would be boring without your aggro, whining and troll accusations to ANYONE who says that NC gear is actually ok.
    Also makes killing you all on the battlefield that much more satisfying.
  12. GhostAvatar

• Up x 3
  13. Clay

do you think I watch a 2 hour video now?
  14. GhostAvatar

Some of the best pilots from every server fighting it out for top dog. The majority decided to use the Scythe (even dedicated Mossy and Reaver pilots in most cases). In fact 1nd and 2rd place went to Mossy pilots who used Scythes, 3rd went to a Reaver pilot who used a Scythe. For me thats says a lot about which ESF is better for air combat.
    • Up x 5
  15. Clay

well I dont see Vanu getting the air superiority alot in equal fights on my server. So maybe they are "slightly" better, but as long as you are not a very high skilled pilot I doubt it makes a huge difference whether you sit in a scythe or a mossie.
  16. GhostAvatar

If the VS on your server isn't getting air superiority, it can be for several reason. They could be out numbered, several rambos fighting a coordinated outfit, the other pilots are better skilled, ground forces affecting air combat, the Scythes tunneled visioned on affecting the ground game etc. And you're are right, it wouldnt matter which ESF you're flying in those situations. Having a superior platform in a certain role can easily be countered by said factors. But in situations where all these things are equal, then the Scythe is indeed a superior A2A platform and in most cases would win out.

If you're are even interested in the least bit about the air game, then you would most certainly watch that 2 hour video (like I did). Even if you're not, it might open your eyes to a few things that are actually going on in the air while you're pounding the ground.
    • Up x 1
  17. Clay

then I just need to practise more because I lose against alot mossies :(
  18. Matti

Well, you can try to find any pilot from any server that can beat me in a best of ten, when I fly a Scythe and
    he or her does not.
  19. Clay

okay i choose me. you take your scythe, I take my skyguard, now lets fight :p
  20. Matti

You got me, you got me good ^^