On the Eighth Day of Auraximas

Discussion in 'Official News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Dec 25, 2013.

1. AlexR

Wrong. Not offering a disccount will make players play longer, because they'll need more time to get what they want.
    • Up x 1
  2. PaidToWin

Uh-uh. And how does a player having to play longer increase the profitability of the game?
  3. AlexR

Well a lot of you, guys, writing here THAT'S IT, IM DONE, WON'T BUY ANYTHING buuuut we all know. You will. You will do transactions any way, if you were planning to. New content will be added, you will be the first who will buy it. Rage will calm down and you will still play the game and put some dollars into this game on regular basis, what is not so bad for sony. Thousands of players her still, not a big deal.
    • Up x 1
  4. PaidToWin

I don't think you can claim a degree of objectivity when speaking for other people. But let's say you're right (and to an extent, you are). Due to the elasticity of demand for digital game content, if the prices are raised, then less purchases will occur. Will people still buy stuff? Sure. Will they buy as much as they did before? Hardly. And this will translate directly into less profits from PS2, which would in turn mean that the game would get less funding, as I have claimed before. So thus far, you still haven't properly clarified as to why, or how, I am wrong.
    • Up x 1
  5. PaidToWin

What does that even have to do with SC pricing? Are we even discussing the same thing anymore? :\
  6. MallowChunkage

Is there any chance that the e-mail to the winners might end up in a spam folder? (Just seems like not many people are claiming their wins, maybe it all got sent to spam?) Also what would the e-mail look like (like sender and title?)

Sorry, I'm just wary of dodgy emails.
  7. Smoo

This. Again.
  8. Rimodo

For all of us unwinning people, will the anniversary bundle be on sale again in the feature or will we have to wait another year?
    The timing of the annivesary bundle was of course bound to the event itself but wasn't fitting for me and i guess a lot more players, but i would still like to get one if that would be possible in any way.
  9. FA_Q2

How would you even know if they are claiming them or not?

I have not seen a single indication that the winners have even been selected let alone notified. The one MAJOR issue with this giveaway was that the process and announcements for the winners was not done clearly at all. It is rather silly considering that this is such an easy thing to communicate.

Oh well – I hope like hell I won this one. None of the others matter much but the anniversary bundle was a good value and is WAY better than the other giveaways.
  10. Tuhljin

1 SC and 99 SC sales aren't good enough for you? Seriously?

You people are the reason many think of "gamers" as whiney and self-entitled children.

Forget you people. Forget you.
    • Up x 3
  11. PaidToWin

Most of the people who buy big chunks of SC have had those items since the beginning, or the day they became available. We're not asking for handouts from a corporation, but we aren't going to be thankful for anything that a for-profit entity does either. Asking for better value for our money doesn't make us whiny or self-entitled. It just means we're providing feedback on how much we're willing to spend, and on what.

Do notice that most of the people who have voiced their opinions that SC costs too much without sales have done so in a polite, constructive manner, but the people who defend SOE's decisions and practices do so almost solely by personally attacking the character and integrity of those who wish to voice their dissatisfaction in a civil manner. Whatever credibility you've had, you just threw out the window.
    • Up x 1
  12. MallowChunkage

Oh, I'm just assuming there have not been many claims because only one winner has been announced (day 1, I think that's all)
    I'm hoping my spam filter hasn't picked out a win on the off chance I have (Probably haven't but hey, optimism!)
  13. Galbatorix

Guys, this is not the place to argue about "how unfair" the giveaways are or that there are no SC sales.. No. This is a place to wish your fellow players a Merry Christmas. Don't argue or bicker, The PS2 team try their best to reward you guys for being apart of this amazing community.Sure, you may not be pleased that you are not eligible for receiving these rewards, but know what? Complaining will do NOTHING to help you. The only thing it will do it make it worse on your self.
    Now, I think we should use this thread as it was intended and wish each person a Merry Christmas and be done.
    Merry Christmas, 1Galbatorix1
    • Up x 2
  14. Luperza Community Manager

Yes, please make sure you are checking your spam folder. The email will come from an soe.sony.com email.

Over the holidays some people may not be responding to their emails as quickly, so thank you to those who have been patient. We will announce the winners in each thread as they claim their prizes.

Do note what it says in the original thread for each giveaway:
    *As stated in previous giveaway threads, we will announce the winners after they respond to the winning email and accept the prize. If they do not respond in three (3) days, we will choose a new winner. Winners will be announced in each giveaway's thread.
    • Up x 1
  15. Kracin

it's a good point here. i spent close to 60 bucks on SC cards when the triple and double sc was going on. when it wasn't i can't see ever buying more SC because i know theres a better deal out there. i wanted to support the game, and they honestly didn't have to do much to create those items for me when you consider that same item was unlocked by another couple thousand people on the same day without an assembly line worker piecing it together.

seems ridiculous, but it's entertainment, but it's unfortunate that because SC is all lumped together into all of their games, that the people who don't play the mainstream games like EQ get the short end of the stick because they don't want to cash cow to run out too quick (not PS2)
    • Up x 1
  16. PaidToWin

And I know this has been mentioned countless times already, but just to reiterate: these SC sales wouldn't even be relevant if you guys priced your items properly. 99SC is how much a bunch of tiny trinket trimmings for your tank should cost all the time, not $6.50. A camo shouldn't ever cost more than one or two bucks, especially when you offer hundreds of different ones, unless it's so blinged out that it makes me look like a veritable sun god. Even Blacklight: Retribution has a better pricing scheme than PS2 gear at stock prices, and that's saying a lot.
    • Up x 3
  17. NovaAustralis

I totally agree with this.
    Basic economics tells us that many sales of small amounts is better than a few sales of large amounts.
    (Including good word of mouth and repeat business factors)
  18. MallowChunkage

Ah right, thanks for the informative reply, happy holidays and all that!
    • Up x 2
  19. sebo

can anyone explain the Silver Medal w/ NS Deep Freeze gun, do you have to kill them 10 times with the gun? or any gun?

IMO they should of at least give the freeze gun with certain amount of snowmen kills... makes more sense, kill snowmen, get freeze gun. 700sc is way too much for what this "gun" does..
  20. KariH

Well...
    European servers - there were horrible problems
    Europe does not have SC cards or at least not here in Finland
    I currently has 12 000 + certs divided by 6 characters so I can buy 12 guns.
    I would like to PAY but prices are too steep in my mind. Full

Stalemate - I do not play or pay and SOE do not get money. Everybody happy. I take a break - see later perhaps.