"All NC Does Is Camp"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Spartan 117, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Phyr

This is a troll, right? You're trolling, you must be. There's no way someone could make this "argument" with a straight face.
  2. Frazzle

I play NC and I am never forced to camp. There are occassions where camping is appropriate, but they are pretty rare.
  3. Epic High Five

I don't know about you guys but I run slugs exclusively on my MAX and I've never had problems at any range. After 50m you've gotta crouch and take your time, yeah, but do you know how much harder a MAX is to kill at those distances than a normal infantryman? I just need two lucky headshots or 4 relatively easy body shots and they die. They need to hit me directly with like 3 full clips to even get me considering taking cover.
  4. qiunn

are we talking about holding points or some other form of camping?
  5. qiunn

I am talking about holding a point for as long as we need to hold it.
  6. Serafine

Magrider has less DPS.

Ever thought of using charge to get in range for those instagibbing shotguns?

NC has lots of good weapons. Their stock LMG is epic at midrange when upgraded and their stock carbine is better than the Pulsar-C. Also the Pheonix is absolutely awesome when used by a coordinated squad. And then they have a tank that will just not die if the driver knows what he's doing. And their Maxes are incredibly effective at close quarters assault.

The Reaver is actually quite fast and more responsive than the Scythe (and it has far better hover).

The true reason why NC performs horrible on almost all servers is the NC itself. Just look at Connery - the NC there is a mindless braindead zerg, with no tactic other than throwing people at a base until it either the defenders get bored farming them or the NC players have to log off.
    Then look at Ceres NC which is well organized, has a lot of good outfits and is doing tactical gameplay when needed (despite zerging from time to time). And guess what, Ceres NC actually performs good.
  7. Thorval

NC weapons are most useful when you have some cover and you are aiming down sights. Moving is bad for the NC, because it hits their accuracy pretty hard. Shooting from the spawn room might apply there but... I don't like encouraging it.