TR maxs whit dhual pounder everywhere??

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Mseirco, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Mseirco

Hello, what happen whit the pounder whit the last patch?

Because ok, before the patch the pounder was useless like the NC Falcon.. But now..!! Terran maxs replace gattling for POUNDERS and kill too fast INFANTERY! Its me or the pounder need a serious nerf??
  2. Kristan

I think that's because SOE increased its explosion damage.
  3. Snowzak

they JUST fixed it!!!!!
    • Up x 9
  4. Torok

No nerf threads are allowed until atleast half january!

Enjoy the holydays ffs
    • Up x 4
  5. Hatesphere

its really not that bad, the actually lowered the splash a little and removed the dead zone, it actually hits what you are aimingat now! (they removed the dead zone from the falcon too didn't they?)
    • Up x 1
  6. Mastermind

Pounder is the new old UBGL, except better, and in a MAX suit
    • Up x 1
  7. Hatesphere

You're joking right? I dont even think 3 hits will kill someone without flack at the moment.
    • Up x 3
  8. Madcat9

From my extremely limited experience the TTK on the dual pounders is still long enough for the enemy to turn around and flee if they want. It even has a short clip but its a break from the usual stream-of-bullets weapons that are apparently TR's trademark. Plus the name is suggestive in a hilarious way.
  9. TheFamilyGhost

Hahahaha here we go again. Man, you guys trip me out.

NERF Teh POUNDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!
    • Up x 1
  10. Pikachu

It's that they removed the dead zone and didn't do as harsh damage modifier as first intended.
    • Up x 1
  11. IamDH

A "nerf pounder" thread.

I did not see this day coming
    • Up x 8
  12. NoctD

Actually I see more Falcons and Pounders. None of these are nearly as easy to use as what VS have been doing with Comets all this time... but the VS MAXes seem to have gone back into hiding! :p
    • Up x 1
  13. Ganelon

....A Pounder nef thread? o_O
    • Up x 4
  14. Chipay

Holidays OP!
    • Up x 2
  15. Chipay

Don't worry, we're all equally suprised
    • Up x 1
  16. vulkkan

Nah, it takes 8 rounds of max splash damage (125 damage) to kill a non-flak infantryman, and four direct hits (or two volleys) to kill infantry without flak. I just like it because it's rather funny pounding Vanu.
    • Up x 1
  17. doombro

It has no convergence now, and deals splash damage.
  18. Tommyp2006

Now that you can actually hit something with them we're all.trying to auraxium them before they get nerfed into total uselessness again.
    • Up x 1
  19. DashRendar

Well you do get an extra volley chance to oneclip an infantry, it should probably take 5 shots or 3 volleys for better balance. That way all the faction dumbfires can oneclip a single infantry, but the one with the higher magazine size doesn't have an unfair advantage in room for error. Falcons are the be all high risk high reward in this instance. One volley can oneclip a non flak infantry, but if you miss with even one rocket out of two, you have to try again on the other side of the 2s reload time.

P.S. - I called it
    https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/i-hope-it-is-at-least.162631/#post-2330133
  20. HooliganS3

^Exactly

The Pounder (in it's current form) and the VS Lasher are the about the ONLY effective suppression weapons available in the game. All you have to do is move away from the point of impact and come in from another vector. Neither weapon kills fast enough to prevent the target from seeking better cover or falling back.