Is it worth throwing away all these certs to switch empires? Yes or No.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kimble, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Kimble

I fly a reaver a lot. I am not sure but hear the other empires have better ESFs. The thing is my reaver has maxed vortek, maxed aa missles, halfway maxed airhammer, halfway maxed mustang, all 3 maxed airframes, maxed nanite repair, maxed stealth, LOLPODS, so yes I am fairly high ranking NC reaver on mattherson.

Is reaver so bad you would throw away all these certs and join another empire on another server? Then start totally from scratch??

I cannot say as I do not have a mossie or scythe at that rank to even test or compare.. so I ask here.
  2. WaaWaa

Get on the test server and find out!

I really don't think you should switch. Just keep practicing, watch some vids on youtube, and try to get a hold of good pilots and fly in a group with them. Teamwork makes a difference in this game.
  3. Oreo202

I enjoy flying the Reaver more than flying the Scythe, but I have only a handful of certs on my Reaver so I stay flying the Scythe.
  4. Raraldor

very similar to a thread I posted in a little while ago so I'll just give the same answer.

Changing factions, playing it for a few hours, and deciding it's not fun has no detriments to it so you may as well try and see how it is. You'll still have your NC character there, and maybe it will give you some insight on how the other weapons scale with the NC's.

[IMG]
  5. jiggu

Nothing wrong with the Reaver, it's just a "grass is greener on the other side" syndrome. Also most aces seems to fly Reaver(most people making videos in general are NC)
  6. Rodinvac

Keep the Reaver and just make an alt: unless it was changed, you can have 3 without a subscription, so have one character per faction.
    Starting out a new alt does suck since you won't have access to a lot of gadgets and tools, but it's the best way to try out and have an firm grasp of the differences between the various factions.
  7. chrollo

i have every esf certed pretty much the way i want but i still play reaver cause while scythe is easy mode reaver is fun 2 fly
  8. Latrodectus

I've noticed this too. Also, back when I would run OPS with my outfit, all of our best pilots would switch over to NC alts during off-hours to fly Reavers because they said they enjoyed them more. I never got an explanation for why they felt this way, so I don't know what it is about the Reaver that draws top pilots to it.
  9. Phazaar

Don't do either. Do both.

No one's making you delete your NC. Play Reaver when you want to, and Mossie/Scythe when you don't. You'll find the game is 1000x more fun this way, because you're never stuck in a stale moment, or needlessly gimped by SOE's eternal ****up with 'balance'...
  10. Robes

God forbid you play a free to play fps to just have fun instead of turn it around in your mind to where you have to grinding or its worthless.
  11. Brahma2

I did that in the switch from TR to VS... don't regret it at all.
  12. furrywaffle

I main TR and have an NC alt, I enjoy the reaver. I found it great out of the box. You've also got awesome AB speed which counters the other ESF. However, I'd stick to my skeeto just because I've got certs in it.
  13. RHYS4190

if you got a subscription then yes do it, factional advantages change so it good idea to spread out and reap the harvest only character I don't have fully certed is my vanu one but I still have a good amount of equipment on it, I started as NC then they got to powerful so they got nerf'd switch to TR now im back playing on the NC's team again, iv got a 47 NC 56 TR character so I guess im a level 100 player when you add them together.

NC starting to look really good again